You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Our Six Legged House Dweller

Real Ghost Stories

Our Six Legged House Dweller

 

In 2008, I discovered that a friend of mine has a sixth sense. She sees ghosts on a regular basis, usually unhappy ones, and the occasional demon.

I was curious to see what would happen if the two of us scanned my house for ghosts, so we turned all the lights off and searched. We didn't find anything on the upper floor except for a silhouette of a tall man wearing a hat. He lingered in my sister's room, which had been vacant for the past month since she'd gone to college. I knew right away this ghost was the one who made the floorboards in the hallway creak. I knew it wasn't just the house settling because the sound came with a presence.

There was nothing on the main floor, which consists of our kitchen, dining room and living room. But as soon as we entered the basement I heard her gasp. I asked her what she saw, and my friend described a being with six legs (or arms) with human hands, and you can't tell which part of his body is front or back.

Needless to say we were deeply disturbed, and I was terrified of the possibility of it being an evil demon.

My friend and I confronted these spirits, asking them to go back to the place they originally came from. The man left waving goodbye, but the six legged being didn't. I asked it if it was good or bad, and my friend said it was neither good nor bad. It was just itself, an answer like a cat or a dog might communicate if they could talk. I felt much safer knowing this. My friend sensed this being did not have a human intelligence, but more like an innocent animal.

I asked it if it lived here and it confirmed yes.

I have named this being Jinx, because of the six appendages. Jinx is friendly, but it still makes me uneasy. I'm just not used to this sort of thing. Sometimes I have visions of Jinx.

In January of 2009, I had a vision whilst napping, of Jinx in the bathroom. I think this was significant because it had never been anywhere else in the house but the basement.

Our floorboards have stopped creaking since that man left. I think he mistook my sister's bedroom for a spare room for visitors.

I'm glad my sister is back, and I'm glad to not be scared of certain things anymore.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, emilyhunt, has the following expectation about your feedback: I won't be reading the comments.

She138 (13 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
Just awesome that you have a "supernatural pet"! Just curious ChildOfLotus, please forgive my ignorance, but how is anything of demonic origin not evil? I'm not saying it is or that you arent correct, its just that I'm interested in expanding my knowledge to thought outside the southern pentecostal doctarine that was literally beaten into me as a kid.
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-07)
May I just ask, how did you scan for ghosts in the house? Why did you need the lights off?
Interesting story nether the less!
C ❤
Levy (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-06)
Great story and it sounds like Jinx is a demon hidding out from bigger and stronger demons. Or just a leigon of demons using your place for a rest stop.

But I could be dead wrong and it could be the astral world theory and just be a innocent creature.

I just hope Jinx has heard about The Golden Rule.

God bless and good luck with Jinx.
emilyhunt (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-06)
Tydin, my friend did draw some pictures of the things she saw. They were very accurate, for she's a good drawer. But I no longer have the drawings. I might have tossed them out accidently. But our house is fine for the time being. I make sure everything is in check, but sometimes it's hard to tell if I'm sensing a ghost or if it's just me. I startle easily and my wild imagination doesn't always help. Thanks for your concern.
emilyhunt (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-06)
Thanks ChildofLotus and StMikal! You guys make me feel so much more at ease with this situation.
I'm in the basement on a regular basis. It's our recroom, because it's where we've got our tv, our big comfy couch, our computer and my sister's lap top. Lol, if it weren't for the carpet and the pleasant lighting our "recroom" would look more like a laboratory.
Jinx has never done any harm to us in the past. I just have always felt like we had company, just like when a cat or dog walks into the room. It feels safe here, to an extent. I do get the creeps when I'm alone, but I get the creeps if I'm alone anywhere. I'm just a coward that way. I startle easily. Your words of wisdom have calmed my nerves.:)
Tydin (1 stories) (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-05)
Love this story. Please keep up treated. Make records of anything you see hear or find. Would it be possible for your friend to draw what she saw even if it isn't great an impression? Be careful though. If there really is something there the fact is you am't say 100% that you know what it is or what it's intentions are. For all you know it might actually be clever and trying to throw you off guard. I agree with what someone else said. Be friendly, speak to it when your in the basement. But don't encourage it to do anything thing like give you signs it's there, might get more then you bargained for xx
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-10-05)
Jinx is probably of demonic origin (no, that doesn't mean that he/she is bad or evil). Demons can have a very wide range of intelligence, and some are more like animals in their minds. You may have a demon "pet" of sorts. How exciting.
If Jinx is more of an animal, it probably doesn't realize that it can be frightening. It doesn't know any better. And if Jinx isn't actually scaring you or doing anything to harm you or the family, best to just let it be. It's probably just wanting a home. Let it remain in the basement, and when you have to go down there, just be friendly and it will probably remain friendly as well. Say something like, "Hi Jinx" or "Just passing through, Jinx." Let it know of your intentions. It would probably appreciate it.

Your new house-mate probably enjoys the name as well, like many animals do.
StMikal (4 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-05)
wow. That was a really good story. As I read I was trying to imagine this creature. There are so many other beings that we do not know about whether it be here in our world or in the astral world. Try not to be scared of anything. Confront and conquer. Take care 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: