You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Confirming Ghostly Airplane Sighting

Real Ghost Stories

Confirming Ghostly Airplane Sighting

 

Sherry Johnson wrote that approximately 30 years ago she saw a ghostly airplane in Nashville. That is so strange to me because around the same time, my aunt saw the exact same thing (I believe). Ms. Johnson described this in eerie detail right down to the lettering on or around the wings. My aunt described the plane as being very white with blue writing and was also talking about a man sitting in the window of this plane. She said the plane was so low that she could actually see the expression on his face. I was a young child but I was eating every word up. My mother however, thought her sister had lost her mind.

This incident took place in a very small town approximately 90 miles away from Nashville. This is one of the many reasons my mother did not believe her because someone else surely would have seen the same thing. I was almost talked out of believing my aunt but her son came home, running in the house, and screaming to the top of his lungs, "Did you see that HUGE white airplane with the people in the window?" Well, say what you will but I was convinced that these people really saw an airplane with people sitting in the windows. My aunt went to the local police dept. To ask if there had been a report of a plane that had gone down. Of course, they told her NO and wanted to know why she asked. They thought she was crazy also. I have thought about that day (broad daylight), as I have gotten older and wondered if that story was really true but I didn't want to bring it back up to my aunt because of her sensitivity to this situation. I now know after reading another account of this event that she wasn't crazy and she knew what she was talking about.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Elise, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Elise (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
I have found another location that has seen these "airplanes". They even have a photo. It was in Australia on March 1, 2010. I accessed it through ghosttraveller.com. It was pretty amazing that others have experienced this.
Elise (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
As I stated in the story, this is a VERY small town so any crashes from the past would have been talked about for years There haven't been any crashes at all in this area. However, Nashville isn't that far away so I checked to see if there were any crashes fitting the planes description-there were NOT. I never really thought about the "ghosts" that were spotted on the plane replaying this event over and over. It is very sad when you think about it. I just wish that I could find out more information about a possible past incident with a plane fitting this description.
This town has a lot of paranormal activity so could this be an energy from another area/state?
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-23)
Hello aussidaz. I can agree with that theory. Depending on how certain people connect with the spirit world can result on what they see and hear. Thank you very much for getting back to me 😊 Take care
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-23)
Fair question cosmogal, people can connect in more ways than one, our spirit communicates in the next dimension in complex and unique ways, like in our dreams when we imagine and create a visual replay, its like others can tap into your dream and experience what you create, I think sometimes the living share these experinces automaticly, which makes it more surreal than it truely is, as I said earlier just a theory I'm glad you ask the question not sure if its the right answer maybe a educated guess, but I'm open for debate.
Cheers
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-19)
Hi Elise, Thanks for the information regarding my question about the engine noise. So then what your aunt and others experienced was just an image of a past or future crash.

Hi aussiedaz, I understand your idea of how metals, and other materials can not pass into the next dimension, but there is a question I would like to ask you. I heard about a haunting once that occurred in house that has been standing since the civil war. The residents kept hearing boots walking on hard wood floors, but due to rennovations all the wood was removed and replaced by tile. How is it possible for them to hear boots walking on wood when there is none? Also, on many old navy ships that have been retired and open for public view have reported hearing engine noises when they have been not been working for years. How is it possible to hear the ships engines when they haven't worked for years? You know I respect you, and am a fan of your stories. I am not trying to be difficult just curious. 😊

I apologize to you Elise for using your space to ask my question. Thank you, and take care ❤
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-13)
Yeah i,m not surprised there was no noise, as I suspect its impossible for metals and materials (clothes etc) to exist in the next dimension, which is why I believe that when we cross over we are able to create and bring to life materials based on memories and earthly equipment generating sometimes nightmares like in this story, for these souls they are like in a dream (nightmare) they can't wake up from, confused they are somehow not freeing their minds and excepting there fate, they will eventually be shown the light and cross but their is no time frame... From my own experiences the next dimension for some is exactly like that, a long dream that can take a very long time to wake up from.
Elise (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-13)
To answer the question regarding the noise of the engine-there wasn't any noise. I'm still working up the courage to ask my aunt for more specifics regarding that day. 😁
winwin (17 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-10)
Wow,This is a very good stories and I first time hear this stories, I believe in this thing the airplane ghosts... Maybe they are replay the accident, At the same time the timing that you saw it... How they faceing this accident. This thing is not every body can believe it. This is sad... They are forever in the airplane cannot be reaching home to meet the family 😢
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-10)
cosmogal, good question about the engine noise, I believe in the next dimension for one reason or another, we can create visual images and replays from with in our own spiritual conscious, it seems to me that this is a lot of unfortunate energies creating a incident, that I believe had to be a fatal air crash some time prior to your story, your aunt and others probably saw it through their own spiritual conscious? This may explain why others may not have seen at the time, as I presume may be the case, (just a theory) thank you for sharing your story and it is very interesting.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-09)
This is a very interesting story. I was wondering, Did anybody report hearing the plane's engines? With it being low enough to see the people inside, the sound would be deafening. Your aunt must have been beside herself. It had to be so hard for her to process what she was seeing and then have the courage to report it. Thank you for sharing this story with us. 😊
frmSTP (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-09)
Wow. Great story. Have you checked the history surrounding the city or area where the plane was sighted? I'm interested as to why the plane was spotted by more than one person. Keep us posted.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-09)
I read an account that sounds just like those from a man on another website. He was looking for people who saw what he saw because he felt kind of crazy that no one else saw it. He described the plain exactly the same and what made my skin crawl was his description of being able to see the people inside of the plane looking out the windows and him seeing them so clearly. It makes me feel sad and scared at the same time because it sounds almost like condemnded souls who know there's no way off. Or a plane lost in an alternate reality traveling forever

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: