You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: This Thing Touched Me

Real Ghost Stories

This Thing Touched Me

 

For many years I have seen things that I couldn't really explain smoky shapes and shadows here and there in random places. Nothing was ever too clear, and none of these creatures ever frightened me or attempted to communicate with me.

In March, 2010 I moved into a new apartment; I now live alone with my cat. After I had been living there for about three days I was sitting on the couch watching TV and I felt something looking at me. I turned my head and saw a white creature crouched on the floor staring right at me - as soon as I turned my head it scooted away. I walked over to where it had been said simply "I see you." This experience surprised me for three reasons - I had never seen such a clearly defined figure before (I could even make out the tilt of its head), I'd never seen any colors at all before, and nothing had ever paid that much attention to me.

The next day I spoke to a neighbor who confirmed that he frequently sees shapes and odd stuff, and that this was a 100 year-old building that used to be a bordello. He didn't seem concerned at all so I just forgot about it.

On Saturday night I was walking up to my building. As I looked up into my bathroom window, which is on the third floor, I noticed that the light was on, and thought I'd need to be more careful about turning lights off when I left the house. Right at that moment the light went off... I live alone, remember? Nobody's there. When I got inside my apartment I turned the light on and off a few times. It worked fine.

On Sunday night something quite frightening happened. A thing climbed on top of me and woke me up while I was sleeping (note: this WAS NOT a dream). It was right on top of me - I couldn't see anything or feel skin but I felt its weight and its strength. I screamed at it to get off of me and it did - but then it just sat next to me breathing. I could hear it breathe; sounded just exactly like a human but there was simply no one there. I told it again to go away and the windows started rattling and the cat went berserk. This is the first time I've ever been scared by what I've seen, and it's also a tremendous escalation.

Anyway, that was last night.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nana1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Nana1 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-24)
This is the original poster here; it's been a long time but here is an update.

After this happened I wanted to tell the guy who lived in the apartment next door that I was having just a nightmare & not some horrible crises (I had been screaming so loud that night). I did not see the neighbor for a few weeks and then one day I noticed that his apartment was vacant. I talked to the building supervisor who told me that the man had died suddenly, by himself inside the apartment.

I don't know exactly when he died but maybe it was the night the thing touched me? And he was floating away through my unit somehow and grabbed onto me?

By the way, I still live in the same apartment & I've never been touched again. I did have two houseguests who separately claimed to have seen black shapes moving, one was outside the window and one was on the staircase. I was also diagnosed with cancer in 2011. Don't know if that has anything to do with anything but I've always wondered if ghosts try to warn us about health issues or other looming problems?
Trudy82 (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-26)
WOAH... Climbing on top of you while you're sleeping is so NOT OKAY. This is not friendly behavior. It is invasive and it gives me the creeps! Any way you can back out of your lease? Lol That's what I would sure be doing!
Nighthingale23 (60 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-25)
wow I would not like to be you, -no offence, I would have flipped, I had a similar exprice but mine felt more like SP, this is a really interesting story!, thank you for sharing I do hope you keep us posted, its an old building and an ex bordello at that, I hope that was not a past client... Anyways take care and keep you self safe.

God Bless. ❤
hydee (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-24)
What did the white creature look like? Was it furry? Has anything else happened since?
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
Hmmmm it probly just wanted your attention cause it figured you can see it. I wouldn't be too worried probly next time you see it or feel it say "Stop bothering me, if you want to stay then don't bother me." If it refuses get a spiritual leader to bless the place. Hope this help, Katherine.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-22)
I think it justs want your attention and for you to acknowledge it, would have been quite frightning to have experienced it on top of you then to hear it breathing. If this is unsettling you? There are many ways you can try to eradicate this spirit. Keep us posted.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-22)
How do you feel about it? This story is interesting. I really wonder what the heck it is? Please keep us posted.
~LSD~
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-22)
It sounds like your little ghostie is curious. It ALSO sounds like he didn't like being told to go away. I've read, from a lot of people on here, and a lot of websites, that ghosts that appear friendly will be offended when asked to leave, and remind you that they were here first.

I wouldn't be too worried. If you're truly frightened of this little white critter, get a spiritual leader to bless your house, perhaps. (I say spiritual leader 1. Because I'm agnostic, and believe more in a pantheon of gods 2. I don't want to offend those of another religion by saying 'priest' or whatnot)

But, like I said. He just seems to like you a bit much. Maybe a human spirit taking the form of a critter? Who knows. 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: