You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Presence That Follows Me 2

Real Ghost Stories

The Presence That Follows Me 2

 

If you read the first story, you would know that I've had something following me around and it often makes me feel uncomfortable. But it's like watching me from a distance, I can feel its presence but it rarely makes itself known. Sometimes, like I said in the first story, I hear three soft knocks from somewhere as if its announcing its presence. Usually that's it. But after I wrote the story, I remembered one period in my life when the presence was very active and very, very unhappy.

I had moved out of my parents house and was living with my boyfriend in an apartment. I don't think the presence, the spirit, or whatever it is liked my boyfriend at all. He had a huge problem with lying, and not just to me. One night while I was lying in bed and my boyfriend was watching TV downstairs, I heard the familiar three knocks on the door. I waited in silence, and noticed that the air felt heavy and thick with its presence. In the closet only a few feet away from me I heard something slide across the shelf. We had a sheet of plastic at the foot of the bed, and I began to hear someone walking across it. The plastic crinkled under every footstep as it slowly got closer to the bed and to me. I was terrified! I jumped out of bed, ran out the bedroom door, and downstairs to where my boyfriend was. The presence had never been so personal before. It had never gotten so close until then.

The following nights my boyfriend and I would lay in bed and watch and listen as the blinds moved around with fervent aggression. They were twisted and lifted up until they were 180 degrees and then suddenly dropped, slapping against the window. They did this repeatedly, keeping us from falling asleep. I would have believed that it was the wind, except I checked and there wasn't any wind that night. And wind wouldn't be able to suspend the blinds in the air like that. Other than the blinds, the plastic again began to crinkle under weight as if someone were walking on it. Everywhere else in the apartment we could hear random bangs and pounding.

One night I felt very sick to my stomach and couldn't figure out why. I didn't eat for fear it would cause my nausea to be worse. All around me I could feel the thick air, like a cloud, of the presence. As I laid in bed, agonizing over the pain in my stomach, I could still feel its presence in the doorway. I sat up and tried to "feel" it. I didn't feel scared or threatened. In fact, I felt like it was watching over me. Then I did something that I can't explain, and I'm sure many people will be skeptical. But I assure you this is what I believe happened, and I'm curious if anyone has ever done this with a spirit before. I could feel its energy all around me, and soon I started to feel better. After about a minute or so, I was completely better and all the pain was gone. Whereas I had felt lethargic and fatigued before, I suddenly felt energized and excited. My whole body was tingling with a kind of electricity surging through me. I've heard of scary stories about spirits stealing the energy from electronics or people before, but I haven't come across any story about a person receiving energy from the spirit, even a healing energy.

I'm not with that boyfriend anymore, and I haven't experienced as much activity from the presence since (about 2 years ago). I'm married now, and now the "spirit" exists as only a fleeting thing barely even there in the background.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, seregirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-18)
Now that I've read part1 and reread part2 things make a lot more sense. First of all I don't feel creeped out any more (thanks). Second thing is I think you're not feeling fearful anymore is a HUGE deal. I think it knew what your ex boyfriend was all about and found a way to remove him. You've got your own personal bouncer. (yes!) Third, the healing part is a whole new phenomenon to me, and although it's hell-a cool I'm completely stumped.😕 Unlike others here, I'm not much of a help as far the study of the paranormal goes. I grew up knowing spirits/ghosts are around us and I just dealt with whatever came along as my mom would have. I learn more each time I log in it seems. So now I've something new to check into. Thank you for sharing. 😊
DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-17)
seregirl, Thanks for clearing that up. I was wondering about the three knocks but now that you've answered my first question I know it's just a matter of time before they publish part 1 and I'll wait to read it then. Thanks again.
seregirl (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-15)
DcinAz, there was a sheet of plastic on the floor at the foot of the bed because we had just recently gotten a new mattress, and with moving in and everything, it stayed there for a little while until everything was situated. Yes, it would be really interesting to know if anyone has experienced the same thing! I also noticed that my first story isn't on here, and I think they published this one before the first one. Anyway, maybe I can try to resubmit or wait?
DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-15)
I've looked around and could not locate part 1 of your story. Does it have a different title? I'm confused 😕
DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-15)
This is probably a stupid question and may not have anything to do with the situation you're dealing with, but I just have to ask. Why was there a sheet of plastic at the foot of your bed? Other than that, my only comment has to do with you being cured of your ailment. Now that is very cool. I too wonder if anyone else may have experienced anything similiar. And if so, what have they learned about this phenomenon? This topic is very interesting, I'd love to hear more about it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: