You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Clover Leaf Cemetery

Real Ghost Stories

Clover Leaf Cemetery

 

When I was 17, my friends and I decided it would be a fun idea to go to a cemetery in our town and hang out there at night to see if we would experience anything. There were five of us, three boys and two girls. We snuck into the cemetery, walked until we found a spot in the middle of the entire place and plopped down on two cement benches with a creepy cherub statue between them... Behind us was a small wall of bushes. We were being as quiet as possible because about 200 yards away were a bunch of houses. As we were sitting there talking in our quiet voices we heard footsteps on the paved path coming toward our direction. Whatever was walking on the path was breaking twigs and crunching on leaves.

Thinking we were in trouble we poked our heads from behind the wall of bushes and we were ready to make a run for it! But no one was there. It's a huge cemetery with no standing head stones, just plates in the ground and the directory building which was very far from us. So if anyone was trying to sneak up on us they would have nowhere to hide. So we sat back down and started talking again, five minutes later as I was just staring out into the cemetery I saw someone running... But it was like they appeared just out of nowhere and then disappeared.

Like I said before, it is a very big and open cemetery, nowhere to hide! This man formed right in front of my eyes about 20 yards from me and then disappeared into thin air... As it happened I couldn't believe my eyes and my best friend Liana just so happened to dig her nails into my arm at the same moment. Neither of us could take our eyes off the spot where we saw him when liana said to me "did you see-" and I replied "yes, I think we should leave!"

The boys never believed us, but we knew exactly what we saw.

Other hauntings by JerseyGirl1125

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JerseyGirl1125, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TerriLewis123 (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
Good stories. When I was a child I was walking at night with my father and looked up and saw a light move in the sky & then disappear in the blink of an eye. Both my dad & I said at the same time, did you see that? It was weird.
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
jersygirl point taken fair enough don't want your freind to lose his job and its good that you had respect enough to feel bad at disturbing those at rest
JerseyGirl1125 (4 stories) (8 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
[at] Vikstal, We both saw it at the same time, we were about to say it to each other at the same time and after we left we both described exactly what we saw. All of us heard the foot steps. Like I said, it's a HUUUGE cemetery, on flat land and no where to hide - all the headstones are just plates cemented into the ground... If I can get a picture one day ill post in here.

[at] biblefreeme, I have never really been afraid before, but that could be because most of the ghosts who come to me are my family members. And also I was afraid to get in trouble too lol! I'm a party pooper when it comes to trespassing. And before we went in I didn't think "I'm probably disturbing someones rest" now that weighs heavy on my mind when I think back on it... We probably pissed a few "people" off.

Also my friend joe was a gravedigger there and he did maintenance. He has told me so many crazy stories from that place. He actually quit working there after 6 months because the last time he went in to use the bathroom and the directory place he felt something in the bathroom with him, he finished his business, washed his hands, the lights started to flicker and as he went to leave the bathroom, what ever it was, was holding the door shut and he heard someone say his name. He thought it was one of the guys messing around with him until he realized- to get into the bathroom there is no handle or knob, you push it open to get in and to get out you pull it open by the handle so there was no way for someone on the other side of the door to hold it shut. He was pulling and yelling at the guys to cut it out when the lady the works in the directory heard him and pushed the door open to see if he was OK. He fell because he was putting all his might into pulling that door and she pushed it open with one hand like nothing was wrong. She explained to him that they were the only two in the bathroom and that's when he had enough & quit, because he felt threatened. He thinks what ever it was, was holding the door shut from the inside... Next to him.
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
why did you leave when you got what you came for ill never understand that about people if its going to scare you don't go looking for it I don't climb in to bushes as there full of spiders so if ghosts scare you
Vikstal (4 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
Hmm...I think you were just in that state of mind - you went there to experience something and in your heads you were all alert.
I'm thinking it could have been just someone but since you were already in that state you thought you saw something paranormal.
And it could have been some person walking in the graveyard when you heard footsteps.

And it is very common to start believing something when your friends tell you something. It's a simple psychological thing - just bonding and adjusting.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: