You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Things That Happened At Home

Real Ghost Stories

Things That Happened At Home

 

I just had this questionable experience happen to me this morning (November 29, 2010).

My younger brother stayed home from school today because he had the flu. I was well aware that he was home because my mom told me this morning. At about 8 am I went downstairs (my room is on the second floor) to let my dog outside. I saw that there were some dishes in the sink so I decided to wash them while my dog was outside, my brother was still asleep since his bedroom door was shut and all the lights downstairs were still off (his room is on the first floor).

I started doing the dishes and after I was done I made something for breakfast. While I was fixing my food I heard what sounded like my brothers bedroom door open and footsteps go across the hall (I even thought I saw a figure from the corner of my eye.) I turned around expecting to see my brother or even the bathroom door shut or the lights on, but instead I saw nothing. I took a few steps forward and looked down the hall at his bedroom door and it was still shut. I didn't think much about it because I thought maybe he went into the living room but when I looked into the living room the TV and lights were still off. I know I'll probably get comments about how maybe my brother did come out of his room, but believe me he didn't come out of his room. I would have seen my brother within the time frame that this happened, he doesn't just come out of his bedroom and go back into it, and I know my brother pretty well. And usually the first place he goes when he wakes up his the bathroom but no one was in the bathroom when this happened. And also no it wasn't the floorboards creaking; I know the difference between floorboards creaking and footsteps.

Also I would like to state that a few days prior to this my brother (the same brother that stayed home today) was home alone. He had mentioned to my mom and me how he was sitting in the living room watching TV when he heard footsteps upstairs. He thought maybe my other brother or I was home (our bedrooms are upstairs) so he didn't think much about it until he realized no one was home with him. When he told us that we all kind of laughed it off because my brother has the tendency to make up stuff but we also did say that maybe there could be something in the house since the house is kind of old. But after this happened to me this morning I am starting to think that maybe there could be something paranormal in the house. From what I know the house was built in the 1950's by a sheriff and our landlord's family lived in the house in maybe the 1960/1970's. Our landlord's family didn't own the house and they had moved out when our landlord was about 8. Our landlord ended up buying the house about 10 years ago when it was up for sale. I don't know anything about who lived here after our landlord's family, but I do know that our landlord had rented it out to a few people before us. But obviously a few people had to live in the house prior to her buying the house 10 years ago.

There hasn't really been anything else that happened in the house, just a few minor things that could easily have answers.

Other hauntings by themiss

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, themiss, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

liliton1 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-15)
wow scary stuff! I didn't get the bit bout the landlord though it was probably just a ghost who had lived in the house before and also had the flu and he was remembering the good old days! 😲
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-30)
I heard noises similar to that when I was about 17 (I think). I was at my dad and step moms, the house was new, on a part of land next door to where the house had just burned down but where none (that we knew of) had stood before). Anywho, everyone was gone, don't remember where but they'd be gone all weekend. It was about 11 ish at night and I was in one of the bedrooms at the end of the hallway in a one story on cement foundation, so no footsteps or creeking of the house is involved. I was laying there when all of a sudden it heard the front door open and close, I thought it was my step brother but didn't know why he was home, I heard the refridgerator door open, which was odd since I was at the other end of the house. I figured he was drunk or something and really hungery. Next I heard the cabinet doors opening and the metal pots being slammed against one another. It was starting to peeve me off. Then the cabinets started really slamming and the drawers with the silver ware and stuff was being open and shut. I thought, That punk! He's just trying to piss me off. I stomped in there (which kind of hurts barefoot on hard floors) and jumped around the corner in front of the kitchen to scare him. There was only one way out and that was to walk in front of the hallway and out the fron door from the kitchen. No one was there and nothing was out of place but the kitchen light was on. It scared the beefeebies out of me. I got the shotgun and slept with it the rest of the night.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: