You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: While Doing Laundry

Real Ghost Stories

While Doing Laundry

 

It's been awhile since I've posted an experience on here, mainly because I haven't really had anything major happen, just a few things here and there until about two months ago I had a strange thing happen.

I'm usually not home during the day and on this particular day decided to stop home and put some clothes in the wash. I should note that pretty much everybody in my household has had a paranormal experience at the house and it has gotten to the point where if we do happen to see or hear anything odd we ignore it. To go on with the story, I was standing in the basement and was sorting through clothes when I heard something walking around upstairs. I didn't think anything of it right away and basically assumed my brother had stopped by on his lunch break. After I got done in the basement I walked upstairs, of course I was expecting to see my brother since I was still hearing the movement. But as soon as I got upstairs there was nobody there and there was no sign that anybody had been there either. I remember just standing there and feeling sort of weird about the entire thing and literally seconds later this overwhelming feeling came over me and suddenly I felt myself rush out of the house. I can't even explain it but it was like something wanted me out of the house. After that I just really shook it off and went on with my day, until later that night.

My brother who I thought came home for lunch ended up telling me that he didn't come home for lunch (my other brother clarified this too because they sat with each other that day for lunch). I'm not sure what it was that I heard but I've had the overwhelming feeling happen a few things after that, all of which happened when I was home alone.

Other hauntings by themiss

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, themiss, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

themiss (16 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-03)
Thanks for all the comments. I don't know if it's just Wisconsin but pretty much every house I've lived in has had a basement and most houses around here have them, unless they're newer from what I've seen. We rent the house so we really have no choice but to do the laundry in the basement lol. I also really try to not go down there unless somebody is home or if it's still light out lol. There's something about them though that give off an eerie feeling.
tempestmoong (3 stories) (33 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-02)
I live in Michigan and basements are common but I have never found one that I like. To many strange experiences in them.
I just bought a house and it has a basement. There's a door in the wall underneath our porch. The basement goes from the back of the house all the way to the front of the porch.
Strange thing the door to the porch area was screwed shut and there was duck tape around part of it.
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-02)
Jav, you're right. Somehow my mind thinks of, rock as the the hardest natural substance, thus my ingorant comment. Thanks for the correciton. 😉
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-02)
[at] roseinbloom,
You're talking about the caliche, aren't you? That's why it is so expensive to put in an 'in ground' pool here, the caliche breaks the back hoe claws down so fast it's ridiculous!
Jav
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
shellzy, I'm with you on this one! I live in the Texas hill country and basements are almost non-existent. It's too hard to drill through all that rock. Thank God! 😆
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
ohh interesting post!
Will have to go read your other posts now.
And have to say I'm not agreeing with the other comments on here (a first for me) I would love a house with a basement, have always planned my own music/movie room and a basment would be great.
Of course any wandering spirit would be welcome to chill out with me there too lol
Taz
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
I have to say that after reading all of these spooky basement stories I am so so glad that we do not have basements (or attics) in houses in Australia LOL! 😆
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
[at] themiss,
Well, you have brought us all "out of the basement", so to speak! 😆
It's beginning to become a movement now!

Jav 😊
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
I'm with you! I loath basements. I'm so glad our laundry room is on the ground floor. But it's in a room built over the former bulkhead, and the door to the basement is just around the corner and down the stairs. At least I don't have to look at it.

I was not afraid of basements as a kid, nor was I afraid of attics. But I've heard enough noises in those places - not unlike your experience, Athemiss, to stay out of them as much as possible.

After all, I do live in Wisconsin. And it is one haunted place!
bereal25 (1 stories) (22 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
I have to agree. I hate basements as well as its polar opposite, the attic.
MizMiMi02 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
You couldn't beg me, drag me or bribe me into the basement to do laundry! Lol We have a basement, but it's a NO WAY JOSE zone for me. I always think that "they" like to mess with us while we are down there, just to prove a point. Like "hahaha, look at the human getting all scared because they are in a dark, dank and creepy basement while I create havoc upstairs." HaHaHa real funny.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
Athemiss,
Nice to have you back, it's been a while.
Okay, I absolutely hate basements. Always have. But since I've been on this site, you couldn't get me to buy a house with a basement. Not a freaking chance!

Jav 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: