You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Ghost Cat

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Cat

 

I said in a few of my other stories on this site about my housing possibly being "haunted" or having a "presence" in it. Well basically I'm starting to think that there could really be something living here with my family. This isn't really one "story" but rather several experiences my family has had in the past two months.

In a previous story my youngest brother heard footsteps on the upper level of the house while he was on the lower level when he was home alone. (The rest of my family isn't sure this really happened to him since he tends to make up stories and at the time we had squirrels living in parts of out walls, but he insists that it happened). At the time none of us really had anything major happen to us at the house to make us think that it was haunted (there was times I heard things, thought I saw things but never had any proof) until about a month ago.

A month ago I was lying in my bed facing my TV (which was still on since I have to fall asleep with it on) and my door was completely shut. While I was lying there I was still awake and trying to get to sleep when suddenly I heard what sounded like a breathy sigh behind me. Than I felt something sort of grab at my blankets. I thought that it was my dog coming into my room and trying to get onto my bed but then I looked at my door to see that it was still closed. I still thought that my dog had come in so I sort of sat up but my room was empty. I didn't think much about it so I fell asleep. After that happened, I debated on whether or not to tell my mom but decided against it. Two weeks after this incident, I told my mom about my experience. I was surprised to find her looking at me oddly. She pretty much said she had a similar experience around the same time as me. She said she was sleeping one night when she felt her room grow cold; she was awake by this point and suddenly felt as if someone/something was by her bed. She grabbed at her blankets to bring them up to her but it felt like something was on it. She tugged harder and they came up to her and she basically just laid there than whatever was in her room came into bed with her and she said it pretty much felt like someone was laying behind her. Like me she didn't think much about it and fell asleep.

Things got sort of stranger when my brother (not the one who heard the footsteps) said he was lying in his bed one night (he sleeps in the pitch dark and with his iPod in) when he saw something moving around in his room. He thought it was my dog and that he just wasn't aware that my dog was in there with him. He then felt something kick his bed and that was pretty much it. Like all of us he just shook it off and went to bed.

Now basically this morning my mom told me she thought that "the ghost in our house" was a cat or an animal. She had another experience. What happened this time was that she was sleeping than she woke up, although she still felt half asleep. She felt something walk up her legs and come up to her face and purr. Like in her last experience she tried to pull her blankets up to her but it felt like something was on there, she pulled again and it felt like something was thrown off the blanket.

So I don't know what any of our experiences mean or if our house is haunted. We don't have a cat, we only have a small dog but I know he wasn't involved in any of our experiences.

Other hauntings by themiss

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, themiss, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Grimm-Reaper24 (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
who knows, maybe your dog learned how to purr. As for something kicking your brother's bed, and him seeing something moving around in his room, I don't think that was a cat he saw.
themiss (16 stories) (23 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-23)
[at] Serenity1 hmm I don't think I even mentioned anything about consulting ghost hunters in the story. AND actually ghost hunters do investigate ghost animals it just depends on how severe the case is (I know a few paranormal research organizations and have a few ghost hunter friends/acquaintances). Thanks anyways.
Serenity1 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-19)
it's only a cat... I'm sure that ghost hunters wouldn't even bother about it since they don't investigate ghost animals. Just ignore it.
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-18)
themiss, great story thanks for sharing. Your house is haunted... A cat and one that breaths in your room. Now that is something that wants attention and in a way wants to say:"I'm here"
I don't think it's evil, because if it was evil your dog would have noted it in a bad way, and you would have felt it too. Put your rules down and tell it to behave, and try to tell it to go to the light because it's the best thing to do.
I'm going to read your other stories as well. Take care, and thanks for sharing. Trix.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: