You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Rocking Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Rocking Bed

 

This is the only ghost experience I have had, but it freaked me out.

My dad and his girlfriend had bought this house in the year of 2007. It was an old looking house, kind of looked quite tropical and had a 'tree house' feel to it. So my sister and I had visited them for the weekend, and I slept in my dad's girlfriend's daughter's bed, while she was away, because I don't have my own bed. And I was just lying there, trying to get to sleep when all of a sudden the bed started rocking. I was so freaked out, I couldn't move. I just lay there staring at the ceiling hoping it would stop and it did a minute later. I got out of bed, switched on the light and looked under the bed, but there was nothing there because I thought my sister was playing pranks on me.

So I turned the light off again and went back to bed. And it started rocking again. I went through all the possibilities in my head, it couldn't be my dad or his girlfriend because they were sleeping in the next room, and it was late at night, no one was walking around the house.

The next morning I went downstairs and told them about it, and his girlfriend said that Amy, the one who usually sleeps in the bed has had that happen to her before too... So I don't know if it was the supernatural or not... But it did freak me out.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kellyjelly, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
What about an earthquake? I grew up in California so this is something I had experienced quite often. Not all quakes are monster size, ask any native Californian, we would get them all the time. You'll have tremors happening at all hours but never even feel them unless you're laying down and yes they can happen within minutes of each other also. If you switch the bed around 180degrees it might lessen the effect. I would try to rule this out first. Hasn't there been a lot of volcanic activity there recently? That would be my number one culprit, there can be months, if not years, of siezmic activity preceding an eruption.
kellyjelly (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
I haven't looked into the history of the house, but it does look like it has been around since the 70s maybe, or even back further. There were no other occurences besides the bed. Yes I was the only one in the room when it happened and that's why I was scared. Beds don't just rock randomly. But the bed did look old. I will have to ask my Dad where the bed came from.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
Was this bed a new bed or was it owned before or possibly passed down could be something attached to it perhaps, this is one theory. The other possibilities is exactly what Kim has mentioned try find out some more information and perhaps speak to the other girl, hopefully you may be able to find out a reason why this is occuring.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Dan
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
When you told your dad and his girl friend about the bed moving and they mentioned it had happened to the other girl; did you discuss any other occurances in the house? Do you have any history on the house? Were you the only one in the room when this happened?

Thanks for sharing!
God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: