You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: 3rd Place Haunted And Confirmed

Real Ghost Stories

3rd Place Haunted And Confirmed

 

It seems that either I am drawn to places with paranormal activity or perhaps they are drawn to me, either way it's happened again. I reported in my most recent story about a case of sleep paralysis that I have moved into a recently purchased trailer. Although I fully admit I suffered that episode of SP, I really do have to wonder with reading all these stories I've read about this phenomena: do our minds invent what happens in the events, or are our minds opened up and we see things that would normally be passed over. Anyways - back to my story.

Very quickly, small things caught our attention, but after some checking, we found explanations to most of the strange occurrences that we noticed (odd sounds = fridge, loud thumps = siding expansion/contraction, voices = people outside).

Things were going along fine, but then other things started happening. Both of us have said we've seen black or grey shadow people, brought up by the hubby who asked me to explain more what shadow people were and what they looked like. Then, there is strange movement, like something just passed by, just out of direct line-of-sight. My hubby also claims to have seen a full fledged sighting of a man standing in our bedroom, in the corner, dressed in older colonial farm looking clothing. He did a double-take and there was nothing there.

Just recently, the cat has started to react or stare behind us or at a blank wall, as if watching something that we don't or can't see. It was the cat's odd behavior that finally clued me to the fact something has to be happening.

Yesterday (2/8/10) I was home, resting because I was unwell, and my cat kept crawling up on me. After conceding to her affection, she settled down and dozed off, only to suddenly snap awake and stare at the wall behind me. I look and saw nothing, calm her down and she goes back asleep. Three more times in about a 3 hour stretch, she does the same thing. Wake up and stare at something, acting startled, then calm down and go back to sleep. She's gotten used to the jets and the funny noises of the trailer, so I'm not sure what was disturbing her.

Later that day, we both retired to the bedroom for a nap. I lay down and suddenly heard the sound of someone running through the trailer. In fact, it sounded like my cat's running trips. Any cat owner has probably seen their cats dash around the house at top speed, bounding off things for no apparent reason. I don't know WHY they do it, but they do and every cat I've ever owned has done this. I know what this running fit of her sounds like (learned over the years to stop walking when I hear her running, she'll slam full-speed into your legs, tripping both of us). I sit up and look over; there my kitty sleeps, out cold. I laid back down and heard it again, clear as day, someone running through the living room. 4 times I heard this before it stopped.

That evening, a friend dropped over. I explained what happened today; I jokingly told her "I was mad at D (not his real name) for not telling me that this place had ghosts". She laughed and text messaged her friend (who is the person I directly purchased the trailer from) what I had said. He replies "Oh, I didn't say anything because I didn't know if they believed in that stuff." I was shocked. Then he texted again, "If they act up, just clean something. That makes them quite. It doesn't have to be much - pick some trash, wash some dishes, dust or sweep. Just clean something and they are happy."

I was flabbergasted; everyday I come home, as soon as I come in the front door I get pissed-off at the state of the inside of the trailer. I mean, I can be in the happiest mood, but as soon as I come inside and see a mess, no matter HOW small, like a switch, I get rip-roaring mad. Everyday, I spend at least 30min, up to an hour cleaning the place when I arrive home. Afterwards I feel like I can sit down and relax and I'm back to the previous mood I was in. I thought I was just getting annoyed at my messy hubby, but with what he told me it makes sense. I hate to say, but I'm empathic - I pick up emotions TOO easily, either from other people or other entities around me. I really wonder if I'm picking up these entities drive to keep the place clean and reacting to it.

I told the hubby who laughed at the idea, but understood why D didn't tell us. So now, I'm going to try to keep a record of what happens and how things are around the house. I want to see if the state of the trailer really does correlate to the amount of activity that we spot. The biggest worry I have - if this entity likes cleanliness and order, how is it going to react when we start the demolition and repair on the place. I hope it doesn't get to bad; I'm trying in the long run, to bring the place back up not make it worse.

Any comments, suggestions or idea are welcome.

Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by lazria

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lazria, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
Lazria, I've read all of your posts. While some seem a bit unnerving, they are all quite interesting. Maybe I'm a bit adventurous, but I'd really like to experience some of the less sinister paranormal stuff that you have described. Let me know if you still live in the Hampton Roads area.
Paige123 (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-05)
My name is paige I believe I'm beig haunted when I go to sleep It feels like somthing my size or a bit smaller is crawling o top of me and I feel watched I'm scared I don't no if this gohst is nice or mean please help:|
GemIsObsessedWithGhostsLol (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-11)
This is a great story and I agree with the bottom 2 comments and keep us updated while doing renovations/demolishing 😉
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-10)
Hello lazria, I agree with Succubussed and think that you weren't told about the haunting for fear you would not buy the property. It doesn't seem these spritis are looking to harm you, but I would be careful about doing your renovations. Keep us posted, and thanks for sharing your story. 😊
Succubussed (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-10)
It's against the law in most States to knowingly sell a property that is haunted or has a reputation for being haunted without disclosing the fact during escrow.

I don't think "D" neglected to tell you it was haunted because he "didn't think you believed in that stuff". I think D didn't say anything because he was worried that it might make you hesitant to buy the property.

In most States you can get your money back if someone does this.

I would worry a little about doing any renovating/demolishing in a home that has ghosts that get upset over a little untidiness.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: