You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Sending Toward The Light

Real Ghost Stories

Sending Toward The Light

 

This occurred last night, March 8th, 2010. If you have read my recent entries about my new trailer, you will understand the background on the place that I have so far. Recently, certain issues have been escalating, including, for a lack of better words, the house seeming to attack us. Yes, I do know how strange that sounds, but it is true. My husband seems problem prone with catching his feet on nearly EVERYTHING in the place, a strange urine smell has invaded half the place, and I started finding rather large sewing needles on the carpets. Plus, the emotional balance of the place has been totally out of whack. We've been fighting non-stop, his obsessive behavior has been the worst I've ever seen and my depression is trying to sink back.

About a week ago, I had a friend spend the evening and she told me the next day, whatever was in the place, had spent the entire night standing in the corner of the room she slept in, staring at her and not happy she was there. She described the same man shape that my hubby saw in the bedroom. Well last night, after another big fight I told the hubby about the pins I've found around the house and how I felt the house was out to get us. He wondered if the spirit in the place was causing all of this and after several minutes thinking came up with a plan.

Now I will state - neither of us are Christians, we are pagans. We hold different beliefs and ways of dealing with things. Also, I am an empath and I can see and hear spirits. The following occurred last night, as much as it sounds like a story concocted for your amusement, I will swear that these events occurred as stated.

We retired to the bedroom and my husband drew a circle around us and summoned the quarters. Then he proceeded to try and draw out the spirit that resided within the place. At this point, I closed my eyes and "looked outward". I knew my husband was facing the mirror in the bathroom, trying to use that as a portal, but I saw someone enter the room via the door. "He's behind you, in the door." I told him.

I felt a shift in the room; like something had come in and really wasn't happy we were addressing it, a thick heavy feeling with an undercurrent of rage. While my hubby attempted to address him, I started to make out some characteristics of the man leaning against the door. He was a black man, well built, with a white shirt and overalls. He had his arms crossed and was clearly not happy with us. Then I felt heaviness come over me and I wasn't able to move - he started to answer. (The following isn't the whole conversation - I can't remember 100% everything that passed between all of us, but this is the gist of it).

Me: This is mine, boy. (I repeated this spirit's answers to my husband - he cannot hear or see spirits. Later he told me it was my voice and at the same time, clearly wasn't.)

Hubby: What's yours? Why are you here? Do you realize that you aren't living anymore?

Me: Of course, boy. I ain't stupid. I'm looking for something.

Hubby: What are you looking for? If you realize you're not alive, do you see a light?

ME: Boy, shut your mouth. I see that light, but I ain't going nowhere. This is mine and I'm looking for something.

Hubby: You need to go toward the light.

Me: Boy, shut it. I ain't going anywhere - THIS is mine.

Hubby: What are you looking for?

At this point the spirit grew quiet, I could feel his confusion. He didn't know what he was looking for and it was very upsetting to him.

Me: I don't know, I'm looking for something and I'm not leaving until I find it. NO!

Hubby: But if you don't know what, then how can you find it?

At this point I started seeing flashes of a young boy running and a woman in a long skirt/apron. I felt a weird rage/sorrow building and knew my hubby hit upon something, but the spirit was resisting. As I stood there, I felt the wall I was leaning against move and flex, which scared me, almost enough to open my eyes. "He's trying to leave, to scare us off."

Hubby: Oh no, you can't leave until you answer my question. What are you looking for?

Now, I felt sorrow and gut-wrenching anguish, I started crying. I saw flashes of this woman and knew he (the spirit) finally was remembering what he was looking for. "He's looking for a woman, his wife I think."

Me: I need to find her, I lost her.

Hubby: Call out to her, if she's here she will answer, but I think she has gone to the light and is waiting for you. Go on, call out to her.

I saw/heard him calling out a name I couldn't understand and felt panic, sorrow and terror build as he called and called. After a few he stopped, but broke down - I was crying and trying not to break down.

Me: I lost her, I can't find her. No, no, no. (This came out slowly, between sobs)

Hubby: If she isn't answering, then she's already gone over to the light and is waiting for you. You need to join her. (I'm still crying, all I can feel is his pain and sorrow - I can see pictures flashing of this woman).

Me: But what if yer wrong, if I go and she's still here... I can't, I have to find her.

Hubby: Trust me, if she hasn't answered, she's moved on to the light. You aren't afraid of the light, are you?

Me: I ain't 'fraid of nothing boy, that light hasn't always been shining.

Hubby: When did it show up?

Me: I can't tell you boy, but it hasn't.

Hubby: Then maybe it is time for you to move on. It's been a long time since you were alive, if you're staying here looking for her and she's already moved on, you are here for nothing. Go toward the light and be with her.

I can see him (the spirit) turn toward the light which is shinning like the sun in the kitchen (and it's blinding).

Me: But if I go and she isn't... (I can feel his confusion, his worry and sorrow - I'm still crying)

Hubby: She's waiting. Go.

I watch the spirit turn back toward us and give my hubby a look, somewhere between hatred and relief.

Me: If you're lying boy, I'll come back and kill you.

Hubby: I'm not. She's moved on and you need to as well.

At this point my hubby is still talking to him, but he's already moved away from the door toward the light. I'm not listening to my hubby anymore but watching the story play through my head of this man's last few minutes of life. I see a young boy, running hell bent away from something. He's screaming and I see the woman from before come out of a shack and look toward the boy. She starts screaming and runs forward. I can hear blood curdling screams and see the man come running from somewhere, screaming something. He rounds the corner of the shack and nothing - pain and darkness.

I see this man standing in front of the light, looking into it, trying to weigh his options. To move on or stay. I call out in my head to go, they aren't here and you need to go. He looks back at me, with the same look as before, but this time I can see he is beginning to believe it. He remembers what happened and knows the truth. After several long painful minutes, he steps forward and the light vanishes. I open my eyes and announce he's moved on. My hubby says something isn't quite right yet and we spend several more minutes just standing there. Slowly, that oppressive feeling lifts and the place feels a lot lighter. Hubby announces he's finally gone, dismisses the quarters and closes the circle.

As soon as it was over, the place felt a lot better, but we were both exhausted - mentally and physically. I explained what I saw and we went for a drive to calm down and relax.

This morning, the place feels better.

I know some of you will understand what happened; others will think I'm full of it. I don't care - I lived it and know what I felt. I haven't done something like that in years, but it wasn't the first time and probably won't be the last before I too pass on. Well, I welcome any comments, even the nay-Sayers and negative; it's all part of the process.

Other hauntings by lazria

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lazria, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

radish54 (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
From your description, I just get a feeling that the man and his family were set upon by some violent marauders who first attacked the wife and child and then killed the man violently and suddenly as he was responding.
I can imagine what his long sadness, pain and confusion must have been like. You have both done a good thing in cajoling him to go to the light. I hope he finds rest and contentment, and you find peace and happiness in your home.
lazria (9 stories) (82 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
Thank you everyone. I'm glad so many people do understand. I'm glad I could help him, I do worry about what caused all that pain - I feel he was tied to the land in this area as there have been people since colonial days. I get the impression that it was an attack by humans, somebody who was personally angry at that man or his family, although I can think of darker reasons (This is VA) for the attack as well. I hop he has his peace, he's most definitely served his time.

Cosmogal926: perhaps your right, there have been some close calls in my past, but I'm not sure.

DARKNESS: So far it feels normal, cleaner than it has since we moved in. The feeling of oppression isn't here and it doesn't feel like something is watching me anymore.

Aussiedaz: I haven't seen anything like that, sorry. I think that maybe the light is what you expect it to be.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
Great story and I believe you, just one question, the light that I once saw years ago, was not blinding, but it was not real big either, perhaps 3 times bigger than a basket ball (glowing bright) about 3 to 5 feet of the ground, does that sound familiar? And thank you for sharing your story.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
Wow lazria you truly have a wonderful gift that was quite some story I think that is great that you have helped the man move on towards the light. Is there still a negative feeling in the house or has it totally dissapated? I wonder of the history for your place. All the best!

Thank you for sharing

Dan
pinkyred77 (5 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
hi lazria, this is the best story I have read so far. I've been reading stories in this site everyday, kindof addictive to me. You story is just amazing. You have a very wonderful gift, you and your husband. That's truly wonderful, what you did to the lost soul.
Cuddlethefear (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
This was such a sad and touching story. Thank you for sharing it. I believe you gave it a happy ending and I do hope the family was united and are now happy. You deserve a hug and handshake for having the courage to do what you did for this family. You have a husband that is just as amazing as yourself. Be happy and take care of each other. ❤ 😁
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
Thank you for posting this story...I'm amazed at your abilities, both of you... This is the kind of story that inspires the rest of us... Just because something doesn't feel right with a spirit doesn't mean that it's evil... He was upset that he couldn't find or remember what he was looking for... That had to be frustrating for him... Thankfully there are people like you two who care enough to help them move on...

Good Job! ❤ 😊
Flakjacket (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
I believe this story. There are many many indicators to tell it is the real thing, and that it was written from memory, and not fabricated. Thank you for the story, it is quite amazing.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
I can't explain why but from the moment I began reading this story, a little part of me just said "oh yeah, this one's the real thing." I think part of what made it so believable is the fact that some of the spirit's replies were so cryptic and scattered.

Wow, that is amazing. Thank you for sharing this with us. It sounds like you and your husband are an incredibly strong couple and have done a very good thing for someone. I hope this man has found peace and is somewhere else better with his wife. Hopefully things calm down around the house for you two.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
Wow 😲 That was some story. First, I would like to say you are very brave for telling this story and putting yourself out there like that. I hope people who read this and feel the need to comment will do so with respect. You have some pretty amazing abilities and I think it's great that you and your husband were able to help this spirit crossover. It's so sad that this man was searching for his wife for so long he actually forgot what he was looking for. You mentioned that you could see him standing in front of the light, and it being as bright as the sun. I have always believed that the living can not see the light, and that it is only shown to the souls who are ready to crossover. I believe that people who have had a near death experience and report seeing a light, tunnel, or loved ones were privileged with a small glimpse of what is next. I enjoyed reading your story, thank you for sharing it. Take Care 😊 ❤
Lisa66 (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. For the record, yes, I do believe you and I really believe without you and your husband's help, this lost soul would've been stuck here for a very, very long time. Hopefully he's found who he's been searching for and is finally at peace. Good job Lazria! 😊
Moneezy93 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
wow. Touching experience! So you do you know what happened to his wife and child?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: