You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: My Mom And The Ouija Board

Real Ghost Stories

My Mom And The Ouija Board

 

This story is from my mom who told me a few days ago. She told me she went to England and had been enrolled to this boarding school near the Alnwick Castle. My mom was 14 years old at that time. This is how the story started. And sorry if you don't get my story, I'm really poor at English.

One night, my mom and her friends/ classmates decided to play ouija board. They swore to each other not to ask the ghost any personal questions like:

How did you die?

What were you when you were alive?

Who was your wife/ husband?

Later on, my mom, her friends, and classmates played the ouija board. Some people decided to watch my mom and the other people play. My mom said that they can hear the door knob being turned, the door opened with the creaking sound, and footsteps of the ghost because they were playing on the wooden floor.

I have no idea how long they played with the ouija board, but I know that my mom had kept her promise and asked some basic questions that had nothing to do with the ghost. But a girl, who was playing the ouija board, broke the promise and asked the ghost about his personal life.

After some time, the girl decided to go to bathroom alone. My mom and her friends were scared and worried at the same time, but they continued playing. After like 30 minutes or so, the girl crashed into the room crying and my mom described her to be really pale. The girl said something like, "I saw him when I went to the washroom! He said he wants to be with me! Please make him go away!" Most of the classmates went up to her and calmed her down. My mom and her friends persuaded the ghost man/ boy to leave this girl alone. Let me tell you the conversation that my mom told me about.

Ghost: I love her, I don't want to leave her.

My mom/ her friends: Please go away. Can't you see you're scaring her? If you love her you should leave her alone.

Ghost: I won't leave.

That is how the conversation went, my mom hasn't told me about this conversation in much detail. So in the end, the ghost left the room and went to another place. I've asked my mom what happened to that girl. My mom said, "She is in the hospital, scared of sleeping alone in the dark, and still believes that the ghost is following her."

Until this day, my mom and her friends have always warned me never to play ouija board and it is better to stay away from it. My questions are:

Are ouija boards that dangerous?

How does it feel like when you start playing the ouija board?

Can you actually feel the presence or aura of the ghost?

I really want to try and play the ouija board, but I know my mom's warning and have this feeling that is better to not do it alone.

Other hauntings by maisie_wu

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, maisie_wu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

17woojh1 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-03)
Is it really true that there;s a ouija board. Because I barely think it is true
BatsuTora (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-04)
i've never used a real oouija board before, we always made paper ones, so I don't know if it really worked, cause nothing ever happened when I played it with my friends...

But even though I really want to use a real one, I know it can get dangerous...

This is what I've heard about ouija boards: when you use an ouija board you invite the spirit, and that means even demons can get in contact with you, that's why you should have at least one experienced person with you and never ask questions like, when am I going to die and such, it could get you or friends in big trouble... Also I've heard that efter using it you should burn the board and throw the ash away.
😲
RiOT597 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-18)
I've played with a Oija Board once. I didn't really want to, though (Peer pressure, I know 😆). Anyways, luckily for me not one ghost/spirit showed up. I would like to try it again one day, though. Hopefully something more exciting happens this time. And hopefully it's a good spirit but the thing is you'll never know. But if you want to take your chances go ahead. Best of Luck. 😊
caitlynann4 (1 stories) (33 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-03)
im like you in a way, I really want to play with an Ouija board but I know my parents won't buy me one. I thought of having a whole made one. But I have no one to do it with. No brothers or sisters, parents don't believe, neighbors are all younger, all my school friends don't live near me. I don't know if I actully want to play with one anyway. I have tired online ones but they arent real. I can tell. I'm to afraid that if I play with one I won't do it right and a bad spirit will haunt me. I have seen ghosts before, but they were good ones. Not bad ones. So I'm scared to. When I go to visit my cousin I hope she will do it with me. She probably will. My older cousin might, I doubt it though. Me, my cousin, and my oldest cousin all believe in ghosts.
maisie_wu (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
Thank you for giving me some opinions, warnings, and answering my questions. 😊
always-up (3 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
its never safe to play with ouija board.
They bring things that will never go away. My father says that's how you bring the devil in 😐
TessaGonzalez (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-06)
Maisie WU-
Here's my opinion on your questions.
Are ouija boards that dangerous? THEY CAN BE
How does it feel like when you start playing the ouija board? EXCITING & CREEPY
Can you actually feel the presence or aura of the ghost? SOMETIMES
If you decide to use it please take precautions, such as protecting yourself before you start and properly closing the session with GOODBYE when you're done.
God bless and be careful.
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-06)
I have never played with a board. My dad has, and I wrote about his experience in my story Dad's Ouija, but the board was somehow able to follow him to his house. He and his friends played and he said he was so scared he would never touch one again. He is a big man, he doesn't get scared often and he was terrified just talking about it. I agree with chaosgrl, I think it can grab any spirit just passing by, and that could be good or bad. Basically, either nothing will happen, something good will happen, or something bad can happen and sometimes something VERY bad will happen. I've always been told not to use the Oujia by my Dad. I would consider them dangerous, like playing with fire. The more you play the more likely you are to get burned.
chaosgrl (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-06)
ive played the ouija board once about a year ago I spent the week at my cousins house during my summer vacation. My cousins and their friends were playing in the garage. I decided to play with them. The atmospher and everything was already scary it was pitch black and there were only 2 lit candles. We got a ghost that was in the war, luckily it was just a ghost passing by we asked it personal questions it was a good ghost.

The thing about the ouiji board is that it can grab any ghost it can be good or bad. The reason why I think the ghost start to follow you after playing is cause now the ghost knows you know that it exsist

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: