You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Demonic Haunting - Gibb Lane

Real Ghost Stories

Demonic Haunting - Gibb Lane

 

Thank you for your patience on waiting for my next post, I understand a majority of you are waiting to hear more of what has happened. Even though I like the thought of sharing these stories with such a wide range of people I don't really enjoy the experience very much.

The rope burn on my neck cleared up about a week after my ordeal. Since that event happened I have been back round to my parents house but felt no threat whilst there and nothing has happened to me while I've visited their home. However I cannot say the same for elsewhere...

Since around the 2nd week before Christmas myself, my girlfriend and my cousin have heard a lot of strange noises coming from my bedroom, which is above the living room. They started off as the odd little bang every now and again and as the 1st week past it became louder. For the first couple of times I went upstairs to check my room, obviously no one was ever in it but the noise seemed to suddenly stop when ever I reached the top of the stairs. In the end I gave up going to check as it happened so frequently that I would have been up and down like a Yo-Yo! Around the second weeks loud bangs turned into scraping sounds, it was like my bed was being dragged along the floor. This really freaked my girlfriend out and my cousin who both like typical woman (no offence) screeched in fear and more or less dived behind me on the sofa. Once again the first few times I got up to check, I was imagining going up the stairs to find my bedroom furniture all over the room. But nothing. So I gave up going upstairs to check. In the end we resorted to turning the volume up on the TV so we couldn't hear it.

Since Christmas and New Year have been I have been out for a couple of nights throughout the weeks meeting up with the lads and having a beer. My girlfriend says the noises don't seem to happen when I'm not there. Which I think she was kind of glad of as I wasn't there to protect her if they did start up.

Anyway putting all that aside, my reason for posting up another update is something unusual happened to me. This could be considered sleep walking but I think it's taking sleep walking to the extreme if you ask me...

One usual night about 2 weeks ago I'd had a few drinks out with the lads at the local pub, wasn't drunk and hadn't been taking any drugs (just for reference). I must of got in about 12:45am. I remember taking my shoes off in the hallway, letting the dogs out to do their thing and lying on the sofa to watch TV. I must of dozed off.

The next thing I open my eyes and I'm standing outside in the freezing cold facing a house, three houses to be exact. It took me a while to come round and I remember rubbing my face to try and wake myself up. I looked like I was dancing on the spot as I kept turning around and lifting my feet off the ground. It had snowed a couple of days before and the snow was still really thick and I had no shoes on, my feet were numb. I couldn't believe I was outside.

The three houses in front of me were all attached. They looked like old farm houses with big wooden beams above the front doors, and really old looking windows. There was a black wooden gate in front of where I was stood, leading up to a thin single path that lead half way up to the shared front garden of the three houses then sectioned off into three paths, each one leading to the front door. Behind me was a row of bushes, I could hear cars passing behind them. Next to the old houses set slightly back away from them were some newer houses, and next to them a huge field and wooded area. I kind of shuffled myself towards the wooded area and noticed at the end of the short road was a turning leading to the main road which was behind the bushes. Then I kind of found my bearings and knew where I was. Gibb Lane.

I wondered for a moment how I had gotten there? My house was in the same area but it would of took me a good 30 minutes to actually walk to where I was. It was freezing outside, something stupid like minus 15. I had no memories at Gibb Lane, why would I sleep walk all the way here? And how hadn't I woken up? I felt confused and absolutely shattered. I wanted to go home and climb in to bed. I randomly started to walk in the direction of my house. I had a good few miles to travel before I reached my destination and it would take me longer without shoes as my feet were so cold and aware of every little stone that I stepped on. I remember looking out for taxi's all the way but no cars seemed to pass by me. I'd already checked my pockets, I didn't even have my phone so I couldn't ring anyone to come and pick me up.

What seemed like a good hour later I finally arrived at my own front door, frozen and shaking I walked in to the living room to find my girlfriend sat there looking worried. She thought I had come home drunk and wondered off leaving the front door wide open. I went in to overdrive telling her what had just happened. She wouldn't believe it and kept laughing and asking if I was serious.

I was shattered from what had happened that we went to bed not long after. It was around 5:30am that I finally got in bed and fell to sleep!

The next day and the day after that and the day after that I went over and over things in my head. Asking myself the same questions. What had happened? How had I got there?

I wanted to put it all down to sleep walking but I knew this wasn't the case. I researched Gibb Lane on the internet and found something quite interesting.

The lane is on the outskirts of a huge park known as Wythenshawe Park. This of course is supposed to be haunted and there are loads of ghost stories about the park and old hall that sits in the middle of it. However something else caught my eye, apparently a family living on Gibb Lane evacuated their home due to strange paranomal activity going on there. Which house it was it didn't say, but there are around 7 houses on Gibb Lane. Three of them are the older looking ones so I'm guessing it's one of them, one of the houses I was stood in front of when I woke up.

I'm confused as to how I managed to get all the way there and why I actually did? Did I sleep walk or is this part of the missing times I am experiencing?

I checked on Google Maps and did a search for Gibb Lane, Wythenshawe, Manchester, UK. If your interested to see the lane, find the road and drag the little yellow man on to the road where the house are. You will see for yourself what they look like.

I must drive down the main road in front of the houses every day. Every time I do now it makes me feel sick.

Other hauntings by Rob27

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rob27, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

kirkbypaul (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-13)
A friend of mine suggested I go and see a priest. And another friend has contacted a Spiritualist. I know people are trying to help and put you the right way in dealing with this. Rob I have had the same things m8 not joking... Again those book m8... Going to s spiritualist can make it 10 times worse. Some priest can deal with it but now a days its got to go through a doctor first that's what they will say to see if you mad.? I know your not... As I have being through the same and still going through stuff and at times its hard going m8 as you feel that you the only one with this problem... And the people you speak to think its in your head... Or they put it down to drugs and drink... I know being there... And it sad as in rejection... But I think it may have enter in you while at hospital its possible. Or someone sent a curse your way. Or you have open a dooway, or may of come down the family line? Its somethink you will have to work out... Its you that's got to make a stand against it. Read those books... He came to set the captives free... Am laying my life down telling you this... All mine started when I was young started to see into the spiritworld wanted power. Alot of stuff enter me. Then years later someone kind of show me the very depths of the blackness and darkness. And open a dooway which then I turn to christ for help. Then I seen the light in a big way. I called on His name all I said. Was I need Jesus. I had a very Big brilliant shaft of light that came around me and save me. The person I lived with wasn't a chrsitian but that night He was. Because in what happen that night. It was a close call... Yeah those books m8 God Bless
jarl (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-23)
Apparently there is a house for rent on that section of Gib Ln: http://www.primelocation.com/uk-property-to-rent/details/id/PLAYB596348/
I'm assuming these are the newer houses you referred to. Looks like the older homes are further down the lane, and I am unable to view them on Google Maps.
Thanks for the update, by the way!
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-18)
Rob,

To figure out if this is the entity controlling you while you are sleeping or if this is really just a simple case of sleep walking, try setting up a camcorder in your bedroom and by the front door. And then you could look back and study your mannerism (i.e., if you're talking, how you behave, your emotions at the time). Or maybe you'll even capture a glimps of the entity inself.

Good luck and I hope this helps!
jarl (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
I wish you would update- your story is fascinating and frightening, and I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to know how you're doing! Hope all is well...
skarjj1 (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
its as if some thing wants to tell you some thing that happened at or near those houses you could get paranormal investigators and have then do an evp at your house.
kay1291 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
Hi,

I know some people think these stories are made up, even ridiculous at times. MOST are not. This, your stories, I really believe. I've had similar, traumatizing experiences.
I've only seen this site today actually and my experiences with this has been happening for 6 years now. I'll post my story when it comes back online monday.
These have really helped explain what was going on before, as it hasn't been happening since about 3 weeks after my grandfather passed away back in December.
Keep an update please? I'd really like to know what's happening, how things are progressing, etc.
Magnifishit (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
I feel you brother! 2 months ago, I found myself standing in a bush in 2 feet of snow in nothing but my underwear. But that's a story I'll publish later on. I find this super duper interesting, I want to know if it was something that lead us to these particular spots or if it was mindless sleep walking. But as you said, walking barefoot in snow and not waking up is ridiculous and pretty extreme. The name of the lane is pretty intriguing.
Rob27 (7 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-31)
Intrigued09 - thanks for taking the time out to read through all my posts! I know some of them are a bit long winded and it's possible people who haven't followed them from day one could get mixed up or confused as to which story to read first. Yeah Millie is my little miracle, she's probably the most special person in my life and always has been. Big soft spot for her! (Although I treat my other kids the same) 😁
Yeah I'll be keeping you posted on any updates. Hope you get chance to read them.
Rob.
intrigued09 (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-30)
Hi Rob I've only just signed up to this site mainly just to post comments on the incidents I find interesting. And yours is probably the one which has made me the most curious. I've read through all of your stories and can't believe how well your coping. Your daughter Millie sounds like your own little miracle (even though your kids are supposed to be anyway 😆) I hope everything clears up for you and stay positive. There's no doubt you'll keep us posted and I'm just hoping it will be with good news.
Rob27 (7 stories) (20 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
Adolphos: Thanks for the links and the helpful suggestions! Going to try your first idea of locking myself inside the house. Might get my girlfriend to hide the house keys... And window keys as well cause I wouldn't put it past 'myself' (not sure if I should be blaming myself here or something else) to attempt to climb out of the windows.

Butthead (Adam): Once again thanks for your comments - I'm glad you have read this post seeing asthough you were following all of my others.
The incident in the lane in my other post was the opposite way from where I awoke this time. Not long after that had happened I went back quite frequently to the lane to try and get my head around it. I can remember exactly where I stopped my car. But nothing.
Of course I've done something similar this time round... I've not gone to the end of the road to those 3 houses as I doubt the residents would be too pleased if there was a random guy stood outside their homes just staring?:P But I have drove in the lane and just found myself staring down at those houses... I have also thought about knocking on? My only concern is that if I do knock on and I'm invited in then what will I be letting myself in for? Maybe it's safe that I don't enter any of the houses or maybe it's somewhere I need to be, I don't know.
I'm glad you have followed my every post and truely believe what is happening - for those who know me I'm not a very creative person when it comes to things like this lol and ghosts/entities arn't exactly my strong point.
Ok so turning up the TV sounds like a bad idea... You're right. I am avoiding the situation in hopes that it'll go away, doesn't seem to have worked so far but there is a glimmer of hope inside of me that really wants to believe that ignoring it will work.
My daughter Millie (I can't thank her enough) is so helpful in all of this. She has limited info on what is happening to me but she senses it, I know she was born with some kind of gift and to over come Leukimia says it all. She is a very strong person and a true soldier in my eyes. Everytime she is around me that feeling seems to go, I can relax in peace and place this whole experience to the back of my mind.
Rob
butthead (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
oh, and just thinking. The noise - the bangs and scrapes. It is OBVIOUSLY trying to scare you there, and others with you. If all three of you are scared, this will produce more energy for it to use. Turning up the tv so you can't hear it, won't remove that energy from those who are watching the tv to avoid something.

You can't let this linger any more mate, you have to speak to people who can get this thing out of your life.
It's been too long, and the longer it attaches itself, the harder it can sometimes be to remove.

It does seem to want you to think that it's always around, as you say it does not seem to bother people in the home if you are not there.

It wants you to evolve your life around it, as someone suggested in an earlier post. It may be almost impossible to do but don't let your life evolve around this lil shiat.

Get it out of your life now. Speak to those people your friends suggest. Please.
butthead (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
Dont like the look of those houses Rob.
Nice you keep posted about this, not so nice that you have more to tell about though.
I think you should listen to your friends.

I don't want to be one to suggest you do loads more work, but what about the history of the other place you found yourself at in your previous story where you totally lost track of a huge chunk of time? I'm going to assume that's not the same place or near to this area? (consider that wherever you woke up last time, was it in the direction to this area in any way... It may not have been near this road/house, but from where you started and finished, could the path have been moving towards this particuler area?)

Before reading previous comments, I had a strong feeling that something took you here for a reason (like others suggest), I had a hunch that perhaps (again as someone has suggested) it could live itself in one of those houses, which would explain why the place is notorious for hauntings.

The thing which gives me shivers though, is that if it wanted you there, why?
My gutt tells me that perhaps it is most strong within that home, that it can build up more energy at this particuler location rather than any other.
And that perhaps it wanted you inside the house where it possibly can be at it's most strongest.

I am so tired I am going to read this again tomorrow, I have not looked at this site in a while but was suprised to see a story wrote by you, again.

It really did send shivers down my spine, I have alwayas believed every word you write and I do not like the look of those home's at all.

Not wanting to help yourself is a form of negativity I guess. (im no expert, just saying...) it's a negative spirit, so this could well be linked with this evil turd. And if so, while you are by not helping yourself doing exactly what it would want, negativity is like food to such spirits. The thing sounds fat enough already, try not to make him fatter:P

Speak to those you care about most, when next time you consider help (I hope this is soon). At least to talk over /consider about your options, etc etc.

Having someone who cares about you - who you love deep, back up the idea, or offer support/advice, should make you feel more positive about it. Positivity is a weapon in itself I strong believe, against certain things.

I kind of knew what to expect, in a way, from what you write... Being familier with your stories, yet this still sent so many damn shivers down my spine. I think also because from the first story I had no doubts as to believing you, thus it's like I just know you are not lying.

Wish you the best of luck pal, you do need help with this. I cannot urge that strongly enough.

Adam.
Adolphos (62 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-23)
The first advice I would give you is to prevent yourself from going off in some creative way on those unaccounted for travels. See if you can lock your door in a way, put an electric line, or anything creative, so that in order to leave it would take some conscious effort and thinking that you can't do while sleepwalking.

If the house is actually haunted, there's the smudging ceremony that can be done to free the house of ghosts. I does actually remove ghosts for houses, but there have been cases both with people and houses when they come back.

There's a tool that will keep ghosts away from a house:
Http://www.hootenization.com/GhostBuster.html

There's a line of Orgone protection products, which don't cost very much, and can protect against possessions if that's causing the accounted for travels.
Http://www.orgoneenergy.org/emr-protection-pendants
Rob27 (7 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-22)
Serenity: Thank you for the link. I found the Gib Lane part... I'm glad it kind of backs me up. Now I know I'm not the only one who feels that there is something on the lane.
Rob
Serenity (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-21)
I wonder if the road is so named because there was once a gibbet near there? That might explain the levels of activity. Could just as easily be named after a person though.

Interestingly, when I googled Gibb lane, I found this (http://www.wythit.com/wythit/Local_Activities/Local_History/Default.aspx?CmsContentID=2215) in which somebody else recalls finding that lane really sinister when they were growing up locally. He doesn't really say much about it, but it does back you up slightly.
Rob27 (7 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-19)
Thank you for the comments.

Loganz_sis thanks for the compliment. I'm trying not to let this take over my life. 😉

Redphx I'm glad you sense this just by looking at the area, and I'm not the only one! Unfortunately the park surrounds a large majority of where I live so I have no choice as to pass it most days. Whether it's in my car or walking past. I never sensed anything before though, although I have heared many stories about the area, since I awoke facing the houses it has been since then that it makes me feel physically sick when I'm close by.
I'm sorry you can't see the houses I mention quite well as it will only let you zoom in down the road, but you can atleast see the three attached houses at the far end.

HazMan_III you're right. I feel stumped as to what is happening and I can't seem to get my head around it. I have tried a few things to rid this entity such as burning sage and attempting to talk with it. I guess I'm just hoping if I ignore it, it'll go away. Although I know deep down that this won't happen.
I have read each and everyones comments and took them on board.
A friend of mine suggested I go and see a priest. And another friend has contacted a Spiritualist for me and told them about my problems. I have a number for him but haven't yet been intouch.

The urge to contact him is unbearable but when I try to it's asthough something stops me. Which I guess is pretty scarey to think about. I'm convinced this entity has settled itself inside of me. Why else would I be experiencing loss of time and sleep walking?
My actions have got a lot of people close to me worried and I think only now are alarm bells ringing inside them... Now they know the full story. As much as I want to help myself something is putting me off. Is it the entity? I don't know.

Rob
HazMan_III (4 stories) (91 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-18)
Hello, Rob. I finished reading the rest of your stories and I'm not quite sure what to suggest at this point. I actually have some questions I'd like to ask you.

First off, what have you done to rid yourself of these entities? With all due respect, you seem more preoccupied with how why this is happening than with how to stop it. I understand that this is all very strange and terrifying, but I believe that you should set aside your disbelief and wonder and focus on getting these entities out of your life.

I, along with others, have made suggestions as to what you should do is concerned, but none of it comes up in your stories. For the sake of your well-being and those around you, I ask that you try some of the things we've suggested. They might solve your problem. Until you decide to change anything, I think it's fair to say that you will continue to be haunted.

Neither I nor anyone else on here can force you to do anything, so I leave you with this and wish you the best of luck.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-18)
I looked at the area. Well the entire place is run with entities of all kinds! Some pictures I can't even look at because they make me sick and dizzy. I could make out mostly nature spirit energies and one more sinister entity on the side of the road. I wouldn't want to have to drive past this place everyday.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-18)
Wow Rob, that was a pretty creepy experience. Like Loganz_sis said you handled it very well. I think I would have freaked out. I am leaning towards this incident being something that actually led you there for some reason. Why? I'm sorry I can't say, but I think you are on the right track by researching the area and finding out about the history. I hope you find the answers you are looking for Rob. Take care 😊 ❤
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-17)
Hey,

I read all your posts today, I have not read the other comments so please excuse me if I repeat anything already said by someone else.

I think you have handled this very well. With everything that has happened in your personal life with Karl, Millie and then your own medical problems you have held up your strength and spirit. I think you are an incredible positive energy yourself for people around you.

Whatever it is that is happening may or may not go away but please do not let it become the center of everything in your life.
HazMan_III (4 stories) (91 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-17)
It's about 3am where I'm at, so forgive me if I'm a bit incoherent. I've only had a chance to read this story and the last one, but I'll read the other ones once I get some rest. Those old houses... I'm not sure what to tell you at this point except to be careful around that area. Whatever led you there did so for a reason. Maybe whatever is troubling you caused the hauntings at that house. I'm not sure. Give me a few hours. I'll gather something.
Rob27 (7 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-17)
I apolagise for the road name, it's actually spelt with one B... Gib Lane. Here is the link to google maps to the exact location.

Http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=gib+lane+wythenshawe&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rlz=1R1GGLL_en___GB389&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

Where the 'A' in the orange bubble it it is further below that where it comes to the T junction, it actually says 'Gib Ln' on the tiny part of the road.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: