You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Strange Presence Following Me

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Presence Following Me

 

I am new to this site and I have come across it after researching sleep paralysis. All my life I have had to deal with the uncertain feeling of someone watching me the sense of a presence with me has died down since high school but still comes around.

When going to sleep I would wake up at the same exact time every single time I felt something wrong in my room. It's as if I was in a deep sleep and out of nowhere I would wake up look at the clock and the time would read 2:14am (I don't recall the exact minutes because I have bad memory and this hasn't happened to me in months maybe a year) I always found it extremely odd and I also never wanted to look into it since it scared me. When I would wake up I would just turn on the lights and try to go to sleep, it was so hard because I was so scared I just felt as if someone was in the room with me.

For months at a time "It" will come back. Then the so called "sleep paralysis" commenced; the only thing I do not understand is that I have researched the sleep paralysis and usually you are on your back and I never was. During the time I would fall asleep and wake up unable to move or speak after about 45 seconds which felt like minutes to me I was able to move I would be completely out of breath and exhausted. I have never seen an entity or ghost but I always see shadow people.

Ever since I can remember I have always had strange things happen to me. Not too long ago one night I was sleeping in my room, I woke up to someone kissing my neck. It felt as if it was someone there, the warm breath right on my neck, but when I woke up there was no one. I could still feel the tingling sensation on my neck it was so weird. I use to pay a lot of attention to the things that happened to me but I started disregarding them after a while, because I was too afraid of confronting them.

One of the last experiences was in my house I live with my mom, brother, grandma, dad and grandfather. I was alone on this particular day sitting on the computer browsing I kept feeling someone watching me from behind but I was so tired of dealing with it I just ignored it. This time I guess whatever it was, was trying to get my attention. It pulled my shirt from the back slowly, as if pulling the shirt away from my body. I looked back and no one was there I kept browsing on the computer and then I heard a bang coming from the other end of the house like from the other rooms it happened twice I looked at the hallway and I said out loud "You can keep banging I'm not going to go check it out leave me alone".

The thing that bothers me the most is the "thing" in my room I can sense its presence. It comes less frequently now maybe three or four times a year but as soon as I walk in my room I can feel it. It's a scared feeling no matter what time of day and I can predict that I will have an unstable night. The presence in my room I feel that is bad and it scares me. I don't know what to do I feel it follows me and even though I haven't felt it in a while I don't want to live with this for the rest of my life.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, palomaperez07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

CharyWithThePoltergeists (3 stories) (61 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-31)
I meant the commenter under me! Thank you for your time everyone!
CharyWithThePoltergeists (3 stories) (61 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-31)
I don't think that this is demonic. Usually with demons (except some demi-demons) they hurt you or scare you so you are petrified like | said. Thanks for sharing!
V
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-18)
palomaperez: I have to disagree with the posters proclaiming "DEMON"...Geez...If this were a demon, you'd be more than just scared, you'd be petrified... The feeling of evil would be overwhelming... Your uneasiness toward your gift is what's causing the fear, not the entity...

You're doing the right thing in taking control of your space... Please keep us posted...

cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-01-18)
I agree 100% with Devious. You are doing the right thing by not letting it get to you and telling it to leave you alone. I believe you should continue laying down the law. That is your house and your room and you should not be made to feel uncomfortable in it. I think a sage cleansing of your room is a really good idea. You could also get sage scented candles or incense and burn that after the cleansing. It doesn't hurt to double up. The holy or purified water is another thing you can add on. Sprinke it around your room, and on the windows, closets, and doors too. While you are doing this just keep repeating out loud "No negative or hurtful energy is allowed here, only peaceful and positive energy is allowed here." Let us know how it all works out. Good luck. 😊 ❤
MyFollower13 (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-16)
I kind of have the same thing here=/ Something demonic maybe.
Kyletheghosthunter (6 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-15)
this spirit is either a demonic spirit or just some sort of ghost whos pissed off becoause he or she isn't getting any attention or even remembered. 😠
feyan (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-14)
well my friend don't lose hope & give-in cause of fear. Fear give this thing reason to occur. Hold a family circle & ask the spirit what it want or if you want try a private chat with it (but family circle will give you a safe feeling). Try to pass on the spirit to the next world by mean of some professionals (less risk) & as DeviousAngel said it only wants attention which it might have not gotten in flesh & blood (while alive). Just don't fear it. By the way I think its a feminine spirit or a ga... Y 😐 Oh and if it is jealous of your living body it might be a problem...
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-01-14)
Firstly, I'm glad that you had the good sense to get more information on what you were experiencing. Sleep paralysis can happen no matter what position you're sleeping in, though it's most common when you're on your back. What you've experienced sounds very real to me so I don't doubt your story's legitimacy.

I think you've done right by refusing to acknowledge this spirit's attempts to get your attention. I especially liked your response when it started banging things around! When you stick up for yourself like that, it more often than not seems to intimidate the curious ones away. The malicious ones, however, will usually keep pestering you until you bring in a professional.

If you're still experiencing these things, I'm sure you'll find a lot of good advice from various people on this site. If you want to take a religious stand, there are several people here including JimD and a few others who can offer some good advice. If you'd rather take a non-denominational or spiritually neutral stance, you could try a sage cleansing, purified/holy water, burning incense, or any other number of things.

No matter what kind of options you go with in dealing with this, stay confident. The types of spirits that harass us are ones who are typically either jealous of our living bodies or petty entities seeking to scare us for kicks. It doesn't sound like a demon, but it sounds like something that wants to stick around, so show and tell it who's boss. 😊
chat234 (4 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-13)
it might be a demonic entity or evil spirits but w/e it is if you do feel threaten or just unconformable with it do try to get rid of it right away if possible
Warrior_Troy (42 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-01-13)
I would like to offer you some help. Some people get offended by me quoting the bible but it is the only VALID source to gain an understanding of the TRUTH. The bible tells us all about these types of things. You are experiencing a demonic spirit.

Search for a book online called DEMONS & EYEWITNESS ACCOUNT by Howard Pittman. His heart ruptured and he was literally on his death bed and had an encounter with the spirit realm. It will really open your eyes to the reality that many people are being stalked by these evil spirits without the slightest clue. You are more aware than most. If you give me your email address I will email you a pdf version of the book.

You can send me an email minister.liberty [at] gmail.com

(1Pe 5:8) Be well balanced (temperate, sober of mind), be vigilant and cautious at all times; for that enemy of yours, the devil, roams around like a lion roaring [in fierce hunger], seeking someone to seize upon and devour.

(1Pe 5:9) Withstand him; be firm in faith [against his onset--rooted, established, strong, immovable, and determined], knowing that the same (identical) sufferings are appointed to your brotherhood (the whole body of Christians) throughout the world.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: