You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Sister Saw My Doppelganger

Real Ghost Stories

My Sister Saw My Doppelganger

 

One day, roughly 10 years ago, I was maybe 13 or 14; I got off the school bus (which stopped directly in front of my house). It was around 3:00 in the afternoon. As I was walking down the steps off the bus, in front of my driveway, my garage door was open and my older sister was in the garage taking out the trash. She suddenly stared at me and her face turned white and she dropped the garbage bag and froze. I vividly remember the look of terror on her face. She just stared at me as I got off the bus and I stood in the bottom of my driveway puzzled as to why she was looking at me like that.

I slowly started toward the garage; afraid that maybe she had some bad news to tell me, maybe about a family member or something... I walked up to her and asked her what was wrong. For about two minutes she didn't speak and just looked pale, looking at me then looking confused. Finally we went inside and she sat down and kind of stammered.

"You were... Wait you were at school?"

I said "Yeah...?"

She told me what had happened just minutes before I got home.

She said she was upstairs in her bedroom, doing homework on her bed. She had her radio on the floor, near her door. She told me that I, clear as day, opened her bedroom door and told her the music was a little loud and asked if I could turn it down. She said I could, and I turned her music down. Then I left the room and shut the door.

Now, we had other siblings, but we all have different fathers, and are mixed with other races, and each are about 4 years apart in age. I am the only white girl, so there was no way she could have confused me with my other two sisters. She said this happened about 15 minutes before the school bus came and I got off. Sure enough, after we went upstairs and into her bedroom, her volume on the radio was down quite low.

To this day we still have no explanation as to what happened.

Other hauntings by elise24

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, elise24, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

retro_rose (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
Wow, definitely sounds like the supernatural to me! I've read of other personal accounts of people experiencing "doppelgangers" and it's always bewildered me to exactly what it's all about. Perhaps it's something evil or 'wrong' to confuse, disorient, and frighten people. Just a thought.
TwilightGirl90 (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
I see that as though the spirit was really annoyed by the fact that the music was loud. Maybe it thought if it disguised itself as another sister, that your sister who saw the spirit it wouldn't confuse her. I think the spirit also wanted to play a trick on you guys to see if your sister would notice. But this is weird that the "doppelganger" done that. Doppelgangers are evil twins. 😁
Lillyxoxo (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-09)
Cool story! Very creepy. I agree with granny. Anyways, thanks for sharing 😁
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-07)
Very well written story! Creepy too! I agree with granny and many of the other posters here, and considering you've said you have had other creepy happenings it's more likely an entity just manifested itself as you. Which is pretty scary in and of itself.

It's very nice to read a story so well written please keep sending us your experiences!
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-07)
Very good story! Gave me the creeps. I'm not sure what this was but perhaps zzsgranny is on to something. I don't recall ever reading a doppleganger story in which the doppleganger converses with the person who sees it. Regardless, thanks very much for sharing this. I hope you'll share anything else that has happened to you soon!
DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-07)
Yeah, I think I'm with zzgranny on this one. Maybe the music was too loud, or maybe it was just testing the disguise out, hard to say. But creepy? Oh yes, totally creepy!
elise24 (6 stories) (6 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-06)
When I submitted this I had put a question mark at the end of the title but it didn't get put in when it got posted.
Thanks Renee, yeah it was very creepy, we didn't know what to make out of it. It is almost midnight right now and I'm sitting in the dark and now I'm getting creeped out too!
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-06)
Im in agreement with granny here, I have the feeling it may not have been a doppelganger, the only reason I say this is that the majority of Doppelganger stories they do not seem to communicate with the person experiencing it, I know there are many that have but this is just my jist on it.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
reneespring (148 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-05)
It is great to find a story so well written and believable sounding just by the flow of the way it is written. But because it seems so believable, that makes the story even more creepy than it would've been. Now I will comment on what you said about hearing your brother-in-law's voice when he was not there. I also had such an experience while wide awake, in the middle of the afternoon, standing w/my bf. I won't give details cause it is in the middle of the night right now and I am getting creeped out.
elise24 (6 stories) (6 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-04)
That could be right, I never thought of it that way... Well there were other spooky things that happened in that house, but no, that didn't happen again after that.

Though I think my sister and I have maybe a stronger connection, or whatever you want to call it, with the "spirit world" than some people, because many things have happened to me not just in that house.

A few years ago I was at her house and we were there alone, with no tv or music on or windows open, and we both heard her husband's distinct voice talking upstairs in the bedroom, and he had been out of town all day.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+4
13 years ago (2011-02-04)
elise: The only explanation I could offer is that this entity really wanted the volume turned down, so it manifested in a way that wouldn't scare your sister... Have there been other occurances before or after?...

Cool story, by the way... 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: