You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Evil Presence Paralyzed Me

Real Ghost Stories

Evil Presence Paralyzed Me

 

Years ago, when I was a teenager I lived with my mother, stepfather, sisters, and brother. My mother would use Ouija boards in her bedroom a lot, and the house was not a positive environment, if that has anything to do with it...

But one night when I was 16 or 17 years old, I walked into my bedroom and was about to go to bed. I always had a feeling like a presence was in that room watching me, and that particular night the feeling was very strong. The moment I turned off the light I ran fast across the room to my bed, and quickly laid down... Now-- some people claim what I'm about to describe is simply sleep paralysis, nothing out of the norm... But I was completely AWAKE when it happened, and I know without an ounce of a doubt that it was real.

As soon as I laid down on the bed, and the room was pitch-black, couldn't see a thing... I strongly sensed a presence right next to my bed (I was facing towards the room, not the wall). Whatever it was was definitely on the floor RIGHT next to me, and I could feel it staring at my face, and it felt evil or bad. Again, I hadn't even shut my eyes yet, this happened as soon as I got on the bed. I was completely terrified and wanted to get under the covers and hide but for some reason I couldn't force myself to turn away, it was like I was being drawn to it. Words cannot describe the feeling I had; it felt VERY evil. Then I laid on my back and was so terrified and suddenly I couldn't move, my body was "paralyzed" and I tried to scream and no sound would come out. I couldn't sit up; I couldn't even move a finger. I tried to scream or even make a whisper and no sound would come out.

Now, people who experience "sleep paralysis" almost always say that they felt like "it" was sitting on top of them, holding them down. I didn't necessarily feel like the being was literally sitting on me, but I did feel it ABOVE me while this happened. It probably lasted about 2 minutes, but it felt like forever.

When it finally stopped, I was too afraid to get up and walk across the room to the light switch, so I just pulled the covers over my head for the rest of the night. I've only told one or two people about this since then because I don't really think anyone would believe it was real. But I know it was.

Other hauntings by elise24

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, elise24, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-30)
ghost_hunter101 quick question
Have you submitted any stories?
Looks like they could be interesting reading!
Carl
ghost_hunter101 (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-30)
I was falling asleep after my dad had gone upstairs. Everything was quiet and I was dozing off when all of a sudden, I opened my eyes wide and stared at the wall. I was seeing a little misty light on the wall, but as I looked closer, it wasn't on the wall, it was in mid-air. I tried to scream and I couldn't. It was like 0 degrees in the room, but I was so hot! I just tried to tell it to go away and let me sleep, but it didn't budge. Neither could I! Finally I tried to "telepathically" ask it to go away and leave this house alone. It was only like a couple minutes before it left, but it felt like all night! Since then, I never saw it at my Dad's house, but I have had another encounter at my Mom's house too. One night I was dozing off when I noticed something in the hallway. I sleep on a bed loft so I can see the hallway. I turned around to face the hallway and saw a gray-black figure standing in the hallway. On the other side of the hallway is my mom's room and I could see her asleep on her bed. I could hear whispering, but it wasn't coming from my mom. It was like from behind me and I couldn't turn around to look. I was stuck in that position for a while. The mist stood there and finally my dogs (Boomer a mutt & DiDi also a mutt) got startled as the mist got larger and darker. I am interested in the paranormal kinds of stuff, so by that time I knew something was up. The dogs started barking and yowling until it faded. I was so scared I couldn't even breath. I heard something say "Mable" before it faded and I still have no idea what it was talking about. The strangest thing about it was that the next day, my little dog DiDi walked upstairs and I hear a muffled voice coming from up there. I walked up and DiDi was standing right where the mist was last night. She looked at me and then vomited right then and there. There was a little blood and green stuff that I couldn't explain. I went downstairs and told my mom, but I didn't tell her what had happened the night before.
cloey2919 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-14)
i know how you feel one night me and my mom was in her bed and we were watching a movie. The movie was over by the time my mom fell asleep so I laid down and couldn't close my eyes I just laid there staring at the ceiling. Next thing I know I look over to where my mom is sleeping, I look up at the ceiling and see a shadow looking down at me with a very angry face. So I grabd what ever I brought in there and when I was walking I felt like I was floating on air, I don't neven think my feet where moving. As I reached the door I looked back and the face was still staring at me and had the look get the hell out now or I'll kill you. I was terifeid and I wanted to get my mom out but I couldt. When I got to my room and laid down for 10 minutes I fell asleep. Ever since my experinces with these spirits/ghosts I've been scared.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-11)
Your story is similar to things that have happened to me in the past. Just recently, I was lying on the sofa in my friend's apartment. My friend, our husbands and my husband's sister were sitting around the kitchen table just a few feet away talking. I was just resting, not sleeping, and was listening to their conversation and sometimes saying something too. At one point, I had pulled the covers over my head and had my eyes shut when I heard breathing and felt someone rub against the covers near my head. At first I thought my husband must have walked over to the couch to tell me it was time to go, but something didn't feel right. I sort of held my breath and waited and finally worked up the courage to lower the cover and look. At that moment, the feeling of a presence left and I saw that everyone was still sitting around talking, and weren't really paying attention to me. I didn't tell them what I had experienced, because I didn't want them to think I was crazy. The feeling of a presence, and a foreign one (not someone I knew), was very strong. It didn't feel malevolent, maybe just curious, like a dog that comes over to sniff you. The apartment is fairly new, and she's on the 12th floor, so probably not a traditional haunting.
elise24 (6 stories) (6 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-04)
* Kim-- This was around 2005'ish. I do not still live there, I actually live in another state now.
One of my sisters said she had a similar experience in her bedroom in that house. And one time, in 1998 right after we moved into that house (It was brand new, built for us) I was in the basement, and a nailed wooden "plank" or whatever flew from the ceiling, about a foot from me, and didn't just fall straight down, it went sideways and missed my head by barely an inch. Also many nights we would be going to bed and couldn't find my dog in her normal hang out spots, and I would find her hiding in the corner of the downstairs bathroom, sort of behind the toilet, shaking and trembling with her tail between her legs, and she would refuse to come out of the bathroom. I would try calling her or luring her with a treat and she would NOT budge at all. This happened a lot and I could never figure out what it was that was scaring her.

* SnudtoQueast-- My mother has always been fascinated and interested in that sort of thing, she still uses them to this day. We were rarely allowed in her bedroom so I don't know for sure what sorts of questions she would ask or who she tried to contact. I did tell her about it about a year ago. Also, when my mom was a child, her stepfather (He used to be involved with the occult) he had used ouija boards a lot as well, and in the house she grew up in with him, (and then my sisters and I grew up there) numerous things have happened from then to this day which several people have witnessed, but that is a whole other story I will post on here soon... So who knows, maybe whatever was in that house followed my mother and then to me?

* LycanGal-- Yes it was a very scary experience; let's hope it doesn't happen again!
SnudtoQueast (2 stories) (20 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-04)
Why was your mom using a Ouji board a lot? Was she just messing around, or...? And did you tell your mother about this occurrence? I noticed you said you only told a couple people, I would think that one would be your mother if she was using a ouji board. I'm sorry this happened to you. It truly doesn't sound like sleep paralysis to me. I would definitely take it up with my mom if I were you... Good luck!
LycanGal (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-03)
Elise, the same thing happened to me, and I feel for you. What right does the other world have to manipulate us? They should leave us be and move on. I think you are a stronger person from this and shouldnt be messed with! Show that demon whos boss girl!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
Elsie24,
First of all, I believe sleep paralysis is different for different people. I am not saying that to make what you went through seem like it was not paramormal.

I also believe that some sleep paralysis ha its root in paranormal. I do not doubt that there was something there if you responded and felt so strongly about the presence. Your description of the 'thing' is enough for me to believe you truly feel that you saw and sensed something in that room in the dark with you.

When did this happen? Do you still live in the same house; same room? Where there other occurances in other rooms of the house?
Did any other family members report strange occurances or situations?

Thanks for sharing,
God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: