You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Ghost Pushed My Grandfather

Real Ghost Stories

A Ghost Pushed My Grandfather

 

My grandparents' house is very small and is about 90 years old. My mother grew up there, and then my sisters and I spent a lot of our childhood there as well. Pretty much everyone in my family has experienced strange things going on in that house.

First off, everyone who has ever been in that house have all said the same thing, that once you walk to the top of the stairs to the second floor, and go towards the bedrooms, you get chills up the back of your neck and a VERY strong eerie feeling that someone is right behind you. I would always run to the bedroom as soon as I got up there because it freaked me out so much.

The second floor is just two bedrooms, and there is an open space by the top of the stairs that was used for a 3rd bedroom. They're all aligned so the whole floor is basically a right angle. The middle room was my grandparent's room...

Well, one day, not too long after they had moved into this house, my grandparents were home alone, and my grandma was downstairs cooking in the kitchen. Grandpa was upstairs in their bedroom, and all of a sudden he screamed loudly "Sharon!" and yelled for her to come upstairs right away. He's a quiet guy and never really gets spooked, so it was out of character for him to do this.

My grandma went upstairs and looked at him and he looked shaken up. He always wears plain white t-shirts, and part of the back of his shirt was unnaturally pulled out, bunched, like how it would look if someone were to grab a hold of your shirt and pull. He said he was standing there and someone pushed him hard from behind.

Then about 5 years ago, my sister was living there with them, and I was visiting. Everyone was at work and I was there by myself, in the bedroom that is next to my grandparents' room, sitting at the computer.

There is a short wall next to the bedroom, together making an "L" shape with the doorway, the door being the shorter bottom part of the L. The door was opened all the way, so the door was leaned against that outside wall. No windows were open; there was no draft or breeze in the house. All of a sudden the door started to close, very slowly. The door was moving slow enough that it should have stopped, but it made the full swing and actually clicked shut all the way. This happened to me 2 different times in that room. I was so creeped out but I was home alone and didn't want to walk out of the room and through that 2nd creepy bedroom, so I kind of forced myself to think about something else otherwise I would have been too scared!

There are many more things that happened in that house, but I'll have to put them in a separate post so this isn't too long.

Other hauntings by elise24

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, elise24, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

I_Am_SPECTRA (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-13)
Interesting. Very creepy the way the doors closed like that. I felt sorry for your grandfather being pushed over too. Sometimes all we can do is be brave I guess. Good story.
elise24 (6 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-11)
Darkness- Thanks. I don't know much about the history of the house or its past owners, but it is one of the younger homes in the neighborhood/town... A lot of them were built in the 1870s-1890s, and the whole town has sort of an eerie feel to it. I do know that my grandpa (he is actually my step-grandfather, my biological one died when my mom was a baby) was involved with the occult before he met my grandmother.
DCinAZ (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-10)
Elise24,
I enjoyed the read. I think you were pretty brave yo stay in the room while this happened. I know so many that would have been out like a shot! But, like you said, the way out was even creepier. Can't wait to read more, thanks. 😊
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-10)
great post I am looking forward to reading more of your stories
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
elise24: It does seem like something negative is residing there, the question is why? Do you know the history of the home and land, or perhaps it has been brought in or attracted by someone in the family. There are instructions on some techniques to rid this unwanted entity on this site if this is the path your looking down.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: