You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Paranormal Or My Mind Playing Tricks?

Real Ghost Stories

Paranormal Or My Mind Playing Tricks?

 

Let me start out by saying this is my first story and I am a 14 year old girl.

About a month or 2 ago I have started seeing a black spot or dot every time I'm in my hallway passing my brother's room. The black spot is round and it seems to be about 5 inches wide. It always shows up in my brother's doorway (whether the door is open or closed). Just last night, my cat was in my room while I was taking off my makeup. All of a sudden my cat started staring at me and jumping around like he was crazy! My cat NEVER does this! Also, my cat was on my bed and all of a sudden my laundry hamper knocked over!

This morning I woke up only to find a scratch across my cheek. It's about 3 inches long. Yes, my cat sleeps with me, but I am a light sleeper and would have known if he scratched me. I wear contacts 24/7; therefore I have perfect vision and know what I saw. I don't know if it's my mind playing tricks or something paranormal!

My house is 11 years old and we moved in right after it was built, so it can't be a previous owner or anything.

Thank you for taking the time to read my story. Again, I don't know if it's just my mind, but the knocked over hamper and scratch on my cheek show something isn't right.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ashleyzk, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

abanob (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-26)
I don't think your cat did that from his own claws I believe someone forced him or possesed him to do it and pray for jesus he allways help you in the hard times
JimD (431 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
Hi;

I'm sorry this has happened to you. The details could be demonic harassment, but there's not enough here to conclude this. Normally, they often target one person, whom we call the focal person, for their psychic / spiritual assaults. The goal is to make the person feel they may be unstable, i.e. To isolate and contain him / her.

Dark shadows, possibly including a spot, may indicate a dark entity. The demonic hours of highest activity are from 9:00 PM - 6:00 AM.

My standard counsel is: Catholic Holy water, especially at night and on the bed, and use of the names "Jesus and Mary help me". If Catholic, receipt of the Sacraments, especially Confession, helps a lot. Please hang in there, and email me if you like. God bless you - it'll be ok. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
Hi, I have the same problem like My mother notice my face have scatch and she blame on my cat cause my cat does sleep with me so can't remember when you sleep your cat might be done that but for things it don't matter that your house built 11 years ago only that can be haunted is the land not the house. Anyway wearing eyes contact 24/7 hours every day is not good for you my mother is like you she did wear before until it got worst that just becarefully. I hope all is well!
oliversmillie (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
Im new at this as I have only just found this site. Anyway before the house was built was there anything on the lot like an old building do you know what was there before? Do some research on about the area maybe you will find something?
ashleyzk (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
The house was built 3 years after I was born and we were the first to move into it.
ashleyzk (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
Thank you everyone for your comments!

I couldn't have scratched myself because I literally have stubs for nails. Also, today I woke up with bruises on my arms. My cat was sleeping in my room when the hamper was knocked over and once it knocked over he started freaking out at it.

My family is so damn close-minded that they'll think I'm crazy if I tell them anything paranormal related.

Thank you guys though 😨
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
have you mentioned the spot to anyone? People won't mention something they see but know should not be there just in~case others laugh at them.
As for your cat and the hamper falling over it does sound like something could be happening I have had cats myself and I know what you mean when you say its something that your cat would not normaly do and then the hamper falling, my advice talk to someone your brother, parents, grandparents or even a family friend
Ghostified (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
well that's strange. Yes the black dot you saw was and orb. And was your cat with you in the room when your hamper was nocked over? Were you born before you moved into the house? Have you had any other expieriences?
-Ghostified 😆
hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
It sounds like it's just you mind playing tricks on you. Try taking your contacts out sometimes as wearing them to much can cause some eye damage. The scratch on your cheek you could have done yourself, or your cat could have done that, it's possible it woke you up, and you just don't remember waking up. However, if this keeps happening then it could be a ghost possibly.
-Hayz

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: