You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Poltergeists

Real Ghost Stories

Poltergeists

 

Up until this last fall my family and I have not believed in ghosts, spirits, demons etc. We recently moved into an old condominium, and immediately we began to make changes to it. When we got settled in, we slowly began to feel uncomfortable and irritable. We ignored it for about a month or two because we had not yet seen or heard something to vivid.

Well about 3 months after we were done with painting and renovations I had to go to the hospital for a minor surgery. After I was well enough to come home I slept on the couch for a whole 2 weeks loaded on heavy medications. One day as I was lying on the couch I saw a shadow in the dining room. It was a dark figure that just seemed to stride right through the dining room. I freaked out and quickly called for my mom. She went upstairs and knocked on her boyfriend's son's room to see if that had been him in the dining room. Our whole upstairs is open to the downstairs so I watched as she was knocking on the door. Suddenly something caught my attention by the stair way. When I looked I immediately started to scream and cry. There was a little boy in dark overalls, with blonde hair that folded over his eyes that were black with dark circles around them. He stood there and stared down at me for about 5 seconds (or long enough for me to get a good look) (which for a traumatizing incident is unforgettable). My mom turned around and the boy vanished. My mom said that I was just hallucinating because of my medication but I really saw him.

The following day I was emitted back into the hospital for severe dehydration and extreme headaches and migraines. The doctor said that dehydration could cause hallucinations. But, my mom went home for about an hour and came back to the hospital as pale as a ghost. I asked her what was wrong and she had said that she was sorry for blaming the meds for what I saw. She said the first week that we moved in she had been sleeping and had a glass of water by her side, she woke up thirsty and went to reach for her cup, the cup was not where she had left it, she was looking for it and when she looked back it was right there right in her face.

AFTER those incidents we stopped having weird things happening and we became comfortable again.

Now in the New Year it has started again. We keep hearing people walking around upstairs when no one is home. When getting ready for school one morning I made my bed and set the remote and my cell phone right next to each other at the end of my bed, I sat on the floor tying my shoe ready to leave I reached up for my phone and it was not there where I had just set it. I looked around frantically and I look up where the remote is again and there it is right where I had left it but it was upside down.

I have OCD and I know where I had put it and how I had it sitting there. More recently my mom had been on the couch with her boyfriend they were home alone and she felt comfortable until James fell asleep. She began to feel as if someone was standing in the dining room looking at her. She then heard the cupboards in the kitchen opening and closing, and the dishes began to rustle in the sink. She gets up expecting to see a mouse scurry across the floor and all of a sudden it stops. She calms down walks over to the door and locks the lock, walks over back to the couch and the doorknob begins to jiggle. She freaks out and looks at James and he is wide awake and asks if she had shoved his face into the pillow and she had not even touched him.

Not only are we sensing something here our family dog will go over to the living room closet and scratch, sniff, growl, and even bark at it. Well so far that is what has happened that is so major that we cannot get over. Our Pastor Father Anthony is back in India for a year so he cannot come and bless the house. The noises keep progressing and the "hide and go seek games" are not stopping.

Any ideas of what this could be.

Please please please don't put dumb stuff this is really serious and quite frankly not funny especially because I have to sleep in the loft.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kelly Nilsson, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Im_confused (4 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-09)
Thank you so much for your understanding and tips and help with this. My mother told me more about the night when her glass was moved. She informed me that when she laid back down she looked at the end of the bed and there was an Indian chief of some sort. She is so convinced she saw him for real because she could even see the colors of his headdress. He proceeded toward her grabbing her foot gently. She freaked out and pulled her legs up and yelled go away real loud and he vanished.

The next day she called my grandpa and told him about it. He is fascinated by this stuff and he studies it so when he talks about it he knows what he is saying. He said that when you see an Indian he is there to inform you or warn you of something. And since it was the first night or so that it had happened it sounds pretty convincing. He also said that by her telling him to go away he will only appear once to convey the message and if denied he will leave and never return.

Now I do not know if this is 100% true but it IS and explanation.
SplashGhost (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-03)
I think you might have a poltergeist. If it attacked your mother's boyfriend with a pillow, then it could have been trying to smother him. And if it is stealing your phone, it could be trying to meddle with your social life. I wouldn't worry about it too much yet, but if it becomes a major problem, like retrieving Knives from your kitchen draws, and starts throwing them at you... I would be scared.
Right now it is probably trying to mess with your heads. The problem is if you just ignore it, or tell it that it can't phase you, it will try harder to scare you. So maybe try opening up to it and trying to understand it will help. Hope this helps!
MarioChavez (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-27)
You should listen to the audio entitled "A discussion of the Exorcism of Anneliese Michel by Bro. Peter Dimond" and "A case of demonic possession" which can both be found by clicking on the link I have provided. I also recommend getting in contact with the individuals who produce these materials, by calling them directly or e-mailing them with any questions you may have.

Http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/Traditional_Catholic_Audios.php
Im_confused (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-27)
Well we had a priest come and bless the house about a week ago and after wards the ghost or whatever was not happy about that. I was standing at the top of the stairs and my hair was pulled. My step brother was getting out of the shower he opened the door and it slammed shut in his face. My parents have decided that this is not getting any better so they are selling the house! 😐
Im_confused (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
Well it has been over a week and nothing else had happened but last night my parents left me at the house alone for and hour or two and I was on the couch watching t.v and all of a sudden a large shadow walked across the living room wall. My back was towards the light so it happened behind me. There are no windows there that a car could have driven by either. It startled me and I yelled go away and nothing else happened. It was large too. Like a tall thick man or something. My mom called the church and the fill in priest guy is ill. And will not be able to come for awhile
XDGabRDJAXD (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-17)
Now that Randcan mentions it, he/she is right. There are ghost who usually act kind and often fool people in to thinking that they're good, just to commit pranks later.

Be careful, the situation will slowly get worse just like the Inhuman Haunting by Kuro... 😕
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-16)
hi kelly firstly thanks for posting this story very interesting.
Now personaly I think it could be the boy you saw on the stairs that is moving things and then putting them back but not in the same place just to get your attention, like most children he wants you to know he is there and could want to make contact.
After scaring you on the stairs by showing himself he is trying a different way to get your attention that he thinks will not be so frightning, talk to him let him know you know he is there and even welcome (thats up to you) but could he stop moving your things about be nice about it though don't sound angry at him this should work.

You mention in your comment a button being thrown at you again attention seeking behaviour from a young child possible annoyed you stopped painting?

Now I'm not religious but if your paster is away for a year is there another person covering for him? If there is get your mum to ask them to come over and bless your house. Will say have read here that a blessing will not always get rid of a spirit totaly just calm it down but it might help.

Also it is said that making changes to a home could awaken the spirits in the house but it does sound like you don't have a poltergeist just a restless child.
Hope this helps in some way please keep this up to date if you can,
Carl
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-16)
Maybe a person died in the living room closet? You can find out the history of the house. Spirit will play a lot with your mind. You can recite a prayer of protection my asking God to protect you and that no evil spirit can enter your home, or stay in your home.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Im_confused (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-16)
thank you for the tips. My mom's boyfriend works for the man who has previously lived and owned this house. My mom's Boyfriend went out of town on a business trip with the man and began conversation with him about the events that have occurred in the house.

He chuckled when James had told him about our events and he said that was nothing compared to what he went through. He said something about a door and an Indian burial ground? Not too sure. And He said that in the dining room (which is where most of the stuff is going on) he said that dishes would literally get thrown around!

That did not surprise me much though because I was sitting in the dining room painting, I stand up and start walking away when one of the buttons off of my jeans was literally thrown at me. The button had fallen off earlier that day but I had placed it in my pocket so I would not lose it. I don't know why it was thrown though because I don't find myself as much of a threat. It had lots of force behind it too. So much force that it hit me bounced off of the wall and hit the table all in one throw. I think it is getting worse. 😕
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-16)
You can ask another preist to come and cleanse your home if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself. It sounds like you have a ghost of a little boy who likes to play with you guys. As scary and creepy as it feels I don't think there is any immediate danger to you or your mom. He may not like your mom's boyfriend for some reason. If it were me I would ask for a medium to come to the come and have him/her help the boy go into the light.
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-16)
I agree with Randcan. Above all, try to keep a positive and upbeat attitude. These things feed off negative emotions, especially fear. Sing happy songs, talk about happy things, and laugh. They hate that.
Randcan (62 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-16)
Sorry to hear about your situation. I would seek to "cleanse" the house. One never knows for sure what they're dealing with. Better to have things as you want them; a peaceful and comfortable place to live. Regardless of your denomination, see if you can have a Greek Orthodox Priest come and walk through the whole house and bless it. What starts off as small and innocent now, can become something dangerous. What you describe is not typical poltergeist, but rather a haunting. You and your Mother should boldly walk through the house burning sage, and take ownership of the whole place, and quote bible passages as you bless the place and order all entities to leave. Afterward, have the priest come and bless all rooms with holy water and prayer. Sleep with the light on, until you're comfortable. And play uplifting music throughout the day. Set out a bible opened to the Resurrection. And don't be afraid; since greater is He that is in you, than is in the world. Spirits/the supernatural is welcomed by some, and uncomfortable for most. Make the house your home. They're interacting with you, and you don't want it. Your home is for use by the living. Claim it. And nip this in the bud. (p.s. Here, there's an 18 year old girl who for many years sees 3 spirits in her house: one is a little boy who comes crying to her at night and she let's him into her bed, another is a woman that's answered the door and been rude to her friends, and another is a pitch black male figure without features/just blood all over him - that she knows is a demon. He sits and stares at her. You know what? There aren't 3. It's just that one demon pretending to be the woman and the little boy. BE WISE.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: