You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: He Wouldn't Leave Me Alone And She Won't Stop Following Me

Real Ghost Stories

He Wouldn't Leave Me Alone And She Won't Stop Following Me

 

These stories are not known to many people in my life. One of them I would much rather forget about, the other I keep a secret as a sort of test. I'll explain this more later on.

I'll begin with the more terrifying of my two experiences. (Please forgive my lack of a better term. I have not looked much in ghost or paranormal terminology). In 2005 when I was 13, my parents bought their first house in central Maine in a small town. It was a quaint house with much history since it was either just under or just over 100 years old. Before this, I had had no other experiences with ghosts or the paranormal.

After living in the house a period of 1 to 2 months, I had a very uneasy feeling when getting to the top of the stairs and turning to go to my room. The stairs went up to the top, but then to get to the bedrooms, you had to turn in the other direction. Once at the top of the stairs and turning in the direction of the rooms, I felt an angry presence rush at me from the end of the hall. I began to get so frightened that I would run to my room which seemed to be a safe place. The presence I felt would follow me just to the door and stop. If I left the door open, I felt as though I was being watched. Closing the door however would make it go away. When leaving my room, the same experience would happen, only the presence would not come down the stairs.

This routine continued for some time until about my sophomore year of high school when the presence finally followed me into my room. I felt like I was being watched and the energy in the room was very negative. It felt like whatever this presence was, was very angry for me being there. This is the point where I told my mother what I had been experiencing. She blessed my room and called her sister who is a medium. The house was empty, she said. No spirits. I said that may be the case now, but it will be back. It's not happy.

Almost 3 years passed without incidents. I had even moved out to go to college and came back to have a semester off. Leading up to my most terrifying experience with this presence, I felt someone lie down in my bed with me, or wake up to feel someone laying in bed with me only no one was there. One night, I went to bed early. I was just about to fall asleep when something didn't feel right. I opened my eyes to find a man leaning over me. He seemed to be examining me. Once he saw I was awake, he seemed startled. I quickly shut my eyes and opened them to see the man vanish. I ran down the stairs and refused to sleep in my room that night. The next day, I was furious with this presence. I'd had it. I poured holy water all over the upstairs of the house while screaming at it to leave me and my family alone, it had no business here and needed to leave. Since then I have moved away from home but each time I do go to visit, for some reason or another I end up in my old reason searching for things of mine I have left behind and I haven't had any other encounters there.

My next experience has been going on since I was 18. I had moved into my first apartment and not long after found a roommate. After a few weeks, my roommate asked me if I had seen the little ghost girl that dances in our kitchen. I had not and told her so. My roommate told me she saw her on almost a daily basis. Making some bad decisions landed me back at my parents' house. I invited my roommate to come stay over so we could still hang out together. Early the next morning, at about 7AM, my old roommate woke me. She asked me if I felt funny. I said no. She asked me if I felt any pressure on my feet. Wiggling my toes I said none at all. Her face went pale. I asked her what was wrong, she said the little ghost girl from our kitchen was sitting on the foot of my bed. I asked her what the girl looked like and what she doing. My roommate described the girl told me that while she had been asking me if I felt alright and if I had any pressure on my feet, she had been trying to tie her shoes but that now she was just staring at me. Seconds later, my roommate said she vanished.

This is where the test part comes into play. Prior to this incident, I had not told my boyfriend about the story of the little ghost girl. One day when our son was 2, my boyfriend, our son, and myself went to drop off something at my father's house. I just ran in to drop it off. I was in there for less than 5 minutes. When I came back out, my boyfriend asked me if my niece was there. She wasn't so I said no, why? He asked if any other young girls were in the house. I said no, just my step mother was inside. Instantly, all colour drained from his face. He asked me who the little girl in the window was. The hairs on the back of my neck went up instantly. I hastily asked for an explanation of what she looked like and it matched my roommates same description.

After Christmas 2 years ago now, my son was playing in his room. I happened to be in my own room sorting clothes at the time, when he came running as fast as he could into my room and clung to my legs. He said he didn't want to play in there anymore. I asked him why. He said because of the girl in his room. No one else was in the house. I told him I would go check to see if there was a girl in his room with him, that he didn't need to be afraid. We entered the room and he immediately pushed himself back against the wall and pointed to one corner of the room, "She's right there mumma." I saw nothing. Just walls. When my boyfriend got home work, I told him to watch our son. I figured that if talking to the first presence in a tone it would understand, perhaps the same could be done with this one. I used a gentle voice. Trying desperately not to panic as I confronted the little ghost girl that had been following me for 3 years now. I said that I didn't know why she had picked me, but that I would not hurt her unless she hurt myself or my family first. I asked her not to frighten my son anymore and if she felt the desire to be around him, she must watch over him. My son has had not been scared by her since.

Just weeks ago, I heard my son talking in his room. Figuring he was playing a game, I called up to ask what game it was. He told me he wasn't playing, "just talking to that girl."

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maine

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jmdesrosiers, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

PandaBear (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
Love that story:)) Its absolutely fabulous! But I feel sorry that your son was nearly scared to death: (Lucky he has you and your boyfriend:)) (Or maybe now husband) If the little girl is not doing any harm then my advise would be leave be. Your son seems to like being around her so I think its ok:). But the only thing is when he grows up she may want to follow him and his family. So this little girl may follow down generations. Maybe?:) ❤ ❤ ❤
rick (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
I think both of the spirits were benevolent... Only the little girl was more benevolent than the adult male spirit... 😊
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
Thank you for sharing your story. I will refrain from further comments until the timeline question has been answered.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
jmdesrosiers: I am glad you were able to make the first guy move on, it seems as though he was interested in you and getting your attention. The little girl was obviously connected to you for some reason this is what I would like to know, would you have any idea on who this girl may be? I hope she has since moved on it is a shame she even stayed this long on this plane of existence.

Thanks for sharing

Dan
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-28)
i liked this post was nice to hear you had a w ord with the little girl and she is not frightening your son anymore thanks for sharing
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-27)
jmdesrosiers,
I too have to ask if you could clear up the question about your timeline here. When your story began your parents had bought the house in 2005 and you were 13 at the time. That would make you 19 now. But that does match up to the rest of the story's timeline. The amount of years and the experiences that go along with them would put you closer to 22 to 25 years old, which doesn't add up to your original starting point of 2005 at the age of 13.
That being said, I enjoyed your story and I hope you've found harmony with this spirit. If you haven't already, I suggest calling your Aunt to request that she come by and perhaps she can help this child cross over. It always worries me to think a child spirit may be stuck here and not able to move on.
Bewildered83 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-27)
Interesting story, you truly have writer's talent. However, you may want to be more careful about your timeline.
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-03-26)
Hello jmdesrosiers,

I think it is wonderful, like the other posters, that you got that bad spirit guy going! As for the girl, she reminds me of a girl ghost hanging around my brothers house. All of us have seen her and one of my brothers daughters also had late night conversations with her. My mother saw how she ran after my sis in law so I guess it is a child mother sort of thing with this young spirit in your house. Its a good vibration so you do not need to worry. Enjoyed reading your sharing!

Greetings,
Peter
PhilNiekro (2 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-03-26)
That was a very interesting story! I have always wanted to experience a paranormal presence. But that leads me to my question, does the age of a house affect if it will be haunted or not? I'm kind of new to ghost and this website so id didn't know where to ask a question.
chicken-nugget22 (17 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-03-26)
I really enjoyed that story! I think it is so weird how everybody can see the little girl exept you. Keep us posted!
aya22 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-26)
helenk1949, I've noticed that you go onto these stories and give everyone that has commented on the story negative 'karma.' 😆 😆 😆

Seriously, do you need attention? Javelina's right, you have our attention now.
GypsysHeart (9 stories) (39 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
I know the feeling you were talking about in your first experience. I have it when I go past my spare bedroom and in the garage. It can be terrifying. I'm curious about the little girl. I wish I could talk to her and see why she's following you. 😊
aya22 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
jmd, I call them experiences too, for lack of a better word! 😆 But I think the word fits fine. Thank you for sharing this, it was very enjoyable to read. I, too, agree with granny. It's interesting that everyone else sees her except you, and you are the one she's following. Perhaps she doesn't want you to feel frightened or threatened, as you did by the previous entity. ❤
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
What a great story! Thank you for sharing.
I agree with Granny 100% - as a matter of fact I don't think I could have said it any better (smile-granny).
This story has made it to my list of favorites.
Again, thank you for sharing. Lovesmile
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
I think you should tell that little girl she needs to move on and go into her next phase in existance. She doesn't seem to be mean just a little lost perhaps. Great encounters.
scary (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
very nice and I think that the small girl could be someone of your family member. Anyway I am glad that you got rid of both.
Thanks for sharing 😆 😉
Amberly527 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
I really enjoyed this story. Thank you for sharing it. I'm glad the little girl has not scared your son anymore and I hope she continues to be peaceful until she is able to move on. Thanks again.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
jmd: Great account!...And yes, I'd say the term "experience" is appropriate 😊...Good job getting rid of the first guy... But that leads me to question whether the girl had been there all along, and was somehow kept from you by the other entity?...I also wonder why you never see her... Maybe the way you spoke to the other entity has her a bit scared to show herself to you... Just a random thought...

Thank you for posting your experiences here 😊 ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: