You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Demon Crabs?

Real Ghost Stories

Demon Crabs?

 

When I was about 10 years old my father took me on a fishing trip (1 day), something we usually do once per month. I got the buckets ready as he prepared the net to throw it into the trench (man made irrigation canal). After he finished preparing the net he threw it into the water and slowly dragged it up the bank of the trench. As he was pulling up the net, his expression changed to that of "slight" fear. And I knew why.

In the nets were 3 crabs. The smallest of these crabs were 12 inches across the shell with some very large tentacles. The crabs resembled what we Guyanese called "Buck Crabs" except they were 4 or 5 times larger that those we are accustomed to seeing. They were in fact... Hideous to look at. My father secured them in the net and we proceeded to his parents home, which was just a few houses from where we were living at that time.

When we arrived, he put the crabs on the ground and called his mother and sister to look at what he brought home. My aunt came out first, took a look at the crabs, began jumping up hysterically and shouted "you brought home those demons things, get them out of here". My grandmother nearly fainted and begged my father to go and release them.

Now I'll tell you why my father showed fear, my aunt behaved hysterically and my grandmother nearly fainted.

My father's grandfather (an immigrant from India) usually went to fish in the ocean (Atlantic Ocean), as a means of supplementing his food source as the low wage that was earned from cutting sugar cane was not enough to support his large family.

Before my father was born, the grandfather went on one of these exercises and caught a rather large crab, this crab measured over 16 inches across its back (the smaller species that we know about is called "Sherigga Crabs"). So he put the crab into a quake (a bamboo basket with a tightly closed cover), and proceeded home to show his family his great catch. When he reached home, he was extremely tired - which was strange as he usually fetched heavier loads over longer distances. He set the quake down and sat next to it to take a rest.

All of a sudden he was twisted backwards, with his belly up in the air and his heels reached the back of this head. Naturally, his wife and children were scared and frantic. Then a voice came out of the quake asking him why he disturbed it (the crab), well he couldn't really answer. His wife was now screaming louder and running around like a headless chicken.

A neighbour heard the commotion and came over, he asked the crab what it wants to which it replied; that it must be put back at the exact location from where it was taken from before it released my great-grandfather. My great-grandfather gave the neighbour the direction to where the crab was caught, he then picked up the quake and proceeded to the location.

Based on the timing given, it seemed that as soon as the crab reached its hole, it released the hold it had on my great-grandfather. That was the last time anyone in the family brought home an abnormal creature.

...I'm not sure if my father released the crabs we caught that day, chances are that we had crab curry some time later that week.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, guyinsane2008, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SoniaMary0023 (4 stories) (35 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-18)
Ive read all the comments. And had a thought come into mind... What if, the crab wasn't talking to them physically but mentally? Its possible... But I've never had any paranormal beings talk through the mind or talk to me at all for that matter... Just a thought

Sonia
Nikky597 (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
I have a question, and I know this is a little late, but when you say the crabs have tentacles, did they have tentacles like an octopus, or was it their arms? Help me out?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-04)
guyinsane2008,
Well I finally got to read your story about the demon crab, and I have to say I believe it. When it's passed down through the family I find it best not to test how it got to be the legend that it became.
However, the crab curry wouldn't last long at my house, as my husband loves curry any way he can find to cook it.
Just as an aside, I read somewhere, in the past year, that eating curry regularly helps to stave off Alzheimer's Disease. That in countries where curry is a regular staple, Alzheimer's is almost non-existant.

Jav
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-26)
Wow Guys thanks for remind me I do remember my father came home with Two Crabs * I am scare of it* they were outside on the patio I was inside by the door with window refuse to come out and get close. It just kind like big and creepy looking. Again thanks for remind me.
aiafaith1 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
Just wanted to say this guyinsane. Although I do not believe in 'demon crabs.' I know that you believe your story to be true, and that's all that matters, right? 😆 I enjoyed your story, even though I'm not sure I believe it myself. Thanks.

AF1 ❤
guyinsane2008 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
AussieDaz - some good points there. I'll ask my grandmother (if she'll talk about it) to tell me exactly what happened. She was present so she may be able to tell me... At least her account of it.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
guyinsane, I don't think your the type of person who makes up stories for kicks and I am trying to accept your account in good faith... How many family members heard the crab talk?...I think it would be unlikely that more than one family member heard the voice, but I am willing to accept your grandfather may have had an demonic account of some sort along with mind manipulation which would explain how he heard the crabs voice, perhaps being a little tired it may have nudged him closer to a receptive state of mind where this experience played out in the way it did... The fact that he was thrown belly up would have frighten other family members into a panic and perhaps with time, as this story was passed down it may have been slightly added too... I think its well possible something paranormal happened, but maybe not in the same order as your account and in fairness to you how else could you explain it except the way it was told to you...cheers.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
Good story, makes me want to research! Found this in wiki...

Demonic supernatural powers are believed to include fabrication, psychokinesis, levitation, divination, possession, seduction, ESP, telepathy, witchcraft, and curses, as well as binding[disambiguation needed], making contracts, superhuman strength, controlling the classical elements, animal control, and provocation. Demons use variants and combinations of these powers to harass, demoralize, confuse, and disorient the victim, or the willing subject of demonic interest. All of these attacks, as well as their effect or scope, can be nulled by God.'

If this is true then next time you catch a big crab you can eat it cause only the one your great grandfather caught was posessed and therefore all others are just big ole crabs!

Thanks for sharing!

❤ ❤
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
Very interesting account guyinsane. I've never heard a story quite like this, and I'm very glad you submitted it. ❤
guyinsane2008 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
Carl - its all good. Can't be skeptical of stories posted, question people about theirs, then feel bad because your account is treated with the same scrutiny.

I don't need to defend what I've posted, however, I'm here to answer, as far as possible, questions anyone may have with regards to the story. All comments are welcomed.

I wonder if there are others out there who might have personally heard an animal speak...
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
guy it is a hard story to accept BUT! You are passing on a family story with good intentions and as you know on here if people think it is off they will throw it!

Dont take it as a personal attack some storys will get this reaction and sadly this one did, but then a lot of people have seen spirits so they are accepted
Voices from crab cages is something new and when shown the new most will run away saying
"thats not right"

Carl
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
Well...that would really freak me out. Just seeing a abnormally large crab would do it, I think! That's pretty creepy!
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
guyinsane2008,
I second that. Now do me a favor, stop it, you making me hungry. It's not a good thing if you are trying to lose weight.

DeviousAngel,
I think the weather is making everybody go crazies.
guyinsane2008 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
Geetha - I'm not much into sea food... By the time you're finished with the crab you're hungry again. I like crab meat salad though 😊

DA - the ones we caught had pincers the size of my fist (at present), I'm not putting my hand anywhere next to anything that big. My skin "crawls" just thinking about those 3 crabs. Damn...
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
If a crab started talking to me, I'm pretty sure I would punch it in the face. Vegeance is a dish best served steaming hot and dipped in butter...

Just to clarify (and yes, I need some Orbit to clean up my dirty mind...) I was making reference to the alligator creature from recent stories on here, and Lou threw in the little gem about the scaly incubus.

Lou, thanks for having my back, and you're right, that probably is the only thing that would fit in the sink these days...jinkies!
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
Before I say anything about your demon crab, I have to say this... M m m m...crab curry...it's the absolute best... There are only two people in the world that I know of that make it like no other (my mom and my friend's mom (who is Guyanese and wouldn't give her recipe to me because it was passed down from generations). It would be nice to have some now but then again I won't be able to taste it with this damn cold.

Look what you have done now, you made my mouth water up!

Now for your story,
Yeah, from a reader's preceptive, it is hard to believe it but you had to be there to experience it. I guess we won't know it until we experience it ourselves.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
Thank you for sharing, guyinsane... There is no doubt in my mind that you believe this story. I have never heard of talking crabs.

I am grateful that you shared it with us.

I believe D-A was just referencing a play on of words, I do not think she meant to confuse the issue. If nothing else, thanks for getting her back in the sink... Between her astro-glide and succubus snakes, I think she needs to clean up her act.;P

Lou

Lou
guyinsane2008 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
DA - there was mention of a Succubus/Incubus Reptile in a story posted not too long ago 😉
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
10-4, DA. I got your back... And whatever else won't fit in the sink.

Lou
guyinsane2008 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
Lou I described as accurately was possible what I was told transpired that day. Probably I would find it hard to believe if someone else told this or a similar story to me. Some accounts may be more believable than others for various reasons and there are some stories on this site that are fabricated. However, it should rest on the conscience of the author as regards to his/her motives for posting a story period.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
Lou,

Uggghhh! You gave me the heebiejeebies! That's the last thing I want slithering into my bed. I think it's back to the sink for me...spotter?
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
guyinsane,
Only you would know the credibility of your family's story. Just think what your reaction would be if your read this account and did not know those involved... It is hard to imagine.

Lou

DA...watch your tongue, or the incubus iguana will hear you.
guyinsane2008 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
I would not have posted this account if I didn't believe it myself.
guyinsane2008 (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
Judging by my grandmother's reaction to seeing the crabs we brought home, I believed it to be true. After all she was present at the time the crab spoke. This was one issue that was always spoken of in dread, never was it ever mentioned in jest or in a light moment. Those present believed there was an evil manifestation present in that crab and given it was witnessed by more than 5 persons (only 1 is alive - my grandmother) who have always maintained that what they stated was what had transpired... I believe.

A donkey spoke in the bible, why can't a crab? Not that I'm insinuating that the circumstances are similar in nature.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+6
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
Wow. I've heard that lobsters scream when you stick them in boiling water, but I've never heard of crabs talking when you drag them out of their hidey holes. I am utterly confused and frankly, quite moritified. What's next? Demon ducks? Succubus snakes? Ghost gators?
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
I was excited that you may have found some monster crabs at the beginning of your story. I'm always willing to read a good monster story. Then we got to the talking, magical crab. My belief was exhausted. It makes a great family myth, that's for sure, but as for something that really happened, I don't think this fits into that category.
aiafaith1 (guest)
+5
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
Sorry, but I have to go with Lou on this one. Excuse me but, talking crabs? Even more...Demonic?
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+6
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
guyinsane,
Demonic, talking crabs? Aren't you the one who keeps asking everyone why they put something on this site, if it is not true? There is no doubt in my mind that you have been told this story by members of your family that you respect and honor, but does this seem feasible to you?
I am sure Guyana has some crabs from hell, but they are probably in the blue light district.

Lou

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: