You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: It All Started With A Dream

Real Ghost Stories

It All Started With A Dream

 

My grandma lives in Golden, Colorado. I go there almost all the time, every weekend and most of my summer breaks. I was about 12 at the time of this experience. I had experienced smaller occurences like creaks in the walls and the floors and cold spots in certain places in the house. Now my grandparents house is a very old house, so I just passed it off as that, just being an old house.

Then, one night I had this very scary and vivid dream. I was in my grandmas room next to her dresser looking down at the flame in her holy candle. She is a very religious Catholic woman, so she always has a holy candle lit in her room. I felt so good and so warm as I stood there staring at the candle. I recall the picture on the outside of the candle was The Sacred Heart Of Jesus. I was smiling down at the candle when I just happened to stare out of the doorway to the hall. By the bathroom door across the hall there was a heating vent, and from there I saw a black figure crawl out onto the wall. It had no arms, no legs, no face. It stopped crawling and just stared at me. I screamed for my grandma, and she rushed out from the darkness, held onto me, and started telling me it was going to be okay. Then I woke up.

The next morning I went and told my grandma. She told me how there once had been evil in the house but that she had gotten rid of it a long time ago. Then she told me about this story about my great grandma. It was in the late 70s, early 80's, before I was born. My great grandmother was known to have clairvoyant abilities, and was going to stay the night at my grandparents house. That night, she had to sleep in the bedroom in the basement. She told my grandma that she woke up at 3 in the morning with an uneasy feeling, and then saw a black figure at the head of the bed staring down at her.

Is the evil really gone? Has it come back? I really don't know.

Other hauntings by GhostlyGurly17

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GhostlyGurly17, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GhostlyGurly17 (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
Sarahmariacecilia, it looked like it was climbing up the wall with its nubs. Almost like a spider.

Bacchaegrl, All I know is that my grandma fought it many years ago. I think she just prayed and used holy water and holy candles.
sarahmariacecilia (3 stories) (105 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
Just one quick question, how was it moving? Was it slithering kind of like a snake since it had no arms or legs? Definitely gave me a creepy mental image.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
How was the evil banished in the first place? You just described a sighting of it and then ended your story. Was there a ritual or blessing involved?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
GhostlyGurly,

I've read your other experience and your comments to those who responded...I've also read this one and I'd like to comment on both here...

In this dream the black figure may represent DOUBT... Not something 'evil' but doubt about your personal beliefs... You were 12 at the time... Puberty 'loomed' before you, or maybe had started and many teens and pre-teens begin to question... Well everything... As a parent of 2 boys and a girl I've noticed that is what happens at about this age... And it lasts about 4-6 years... (and sometimes longer)

Now you've said something in your other experience, it's actually a comment you made and I wanted to ask about it... You replied to 'Nephele' (I'll quote)...

"Something tells me though that it might be evil because I am a catholic and my dad and I have crosses above every door and window in the house and is seems like he is not able to go into my room. I'm thinking that maybe the power of the crosses in my room are creating a shield that he can not pass."

First, yes the crosses can act as a 'shield or barrier' but you need to ask yourself something... If you have crosses over each door and window how did this 'evil' Entity enter your home?

So to sum up... I think your dream may have a different interpretation than 'evil' returning to your Grandmothers home... As far as what you are experiencing at home...again...ask yourself... How could something 'evil' enter your home as shielded as it is.

Respectfully,

Rook
Greensleeves (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
Exelent story! The dream you had might have simply been coincidence yet maybe it IS a sign that the 'evil' has returned. I'm a girl that believes in phychic and spiritual phonomenon, so for me it could be a very real possibility. Perhaps try taking tests to see if you have any 'extra senses'. Just a suggestion. I could be crazy. 😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: