You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Two Viewpoints Of Myself

Real Ghost Stories

Two Viewpoints Of Myself

 

When I was about 9 or 10, I had a severe head cold and a pretty high fever, so my dad put me to bed early. That night at about midnight, I woke up and had to go to the bathroom, but being so tired and weak, as I was trying to pull myself up and out of the bed, I fell "asleep". I don't know if this was a dream, a hallucination, a paranormal attack, or an out-of-body-experience, but as soon as I closed my eyes, I had two viewpoints of myself.

One, I could see myself from the ceiling. I could see myself laying on my bed, blankets pulled off, the flashing lights from my TV, everything. Then I was also in my body, but I was completely numb. I couldn't move my body at all; I could only move my lips. Every time I'd try to scream, nothing came out and from my body it felt as if I were in slow motion. Then to make matters worse, there was an invisible energy lying behind me, putting its legs and arms on me, trying to kiss me, just smothering me. I was so scared and freaked out. I didn't know what to do, then as quickly as it came, it left and I woke up.

When I told my dad of the dream, he told me it was a hallucination brought on by my high fever. My mom, however, told me she had experienced the same thing once when she was little and as it turns out my grandpa has also experienced a similar encounter when he had gotten very ill as a young boy.

I don't know what to call my experience, but it felt so real, like there was really someone behind me. As I recall, I can still imagine the dent in my mattress where the energy lay in my "dream"...

Other hauntings by GhostlyGurly17

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GhostlyGurly17, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-07)
This sounds like an OOBE to me. It's happened to me at least once. I know this because I was traveling in the physical plane in my own home. I "drifted" out of the bedroom, down the stairs, and over to the far wall of the living room. I got frustrated because I couldn't control my movements and "zapped" back into my body.

I've also had many lucids dreams. However, some of these dreams felt to real to be a dream. I often float/levitate in these "dreams". In fact, I am merely an observer in some cases watching as events unfold. Then, there are other cases where I'm floating around places that I've never been. I'm thinking these might be OOBE's as well, but I cannot say for sure. That's why I recently bought a book on the topic.
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-19)
I've had high fever induced hallucinations as a child and it was nothing like that! I suppose it could have been a hallucination brought on by a fever but I've had several fever induced hallacunations on several different occasions between the ages of 8-11 and it was always like I was dreaming and as soon as I would come out of it, I would remember everything but I just didn't recognize people or didn't know where I was etc. While I was hallucinating. What you experienced was very interesting. It's hard to say whether is was paranormal or just due to your illness. Sorry that I couldn't be of more help.

Peace and Love

Hippiechick
Hexotericka (6 stories) (45 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-19)
Hi there, GhostlyGurly17. I believe that, as you were told, this might very possibly been a fever-induced hallucination. In my mid teens I also once came down with a very high fever. At one point I awoke to find my bed floating in the middle of the ocean, surrounded by WWII battleships! Later that night I also had the same type of experience that you have described, however, my sleeping form on the bed beneath me had at least 12 fingers on each hand!
High fevers have the tendancy to 'short-circuit' the brain.
Regards, Hex.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-19)
Okay as said on here before yes it could possibly be sleep paralysis but do you guys think maybe it could possibly be an astral projection experience of some kind? I have experienced similar "dreams" as this one and I was pretty sure I was out of my own body which is why I ask if this could in fact be a possibility.

What were the other experiences that your family has had if you can tell us?
Angel421 (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-18)
I would suggest that it is sleep paralysis but the looking down at yourself sleeping part? I don't know... I have done that too and I always tell myself it is just a dream but it seems so real and detailed! Also as I lol "float "up I feel myself... Like I am flying without the ability to control it, feel dizzy and scared I will float away lol (it sounds crazy to me too) I usually wake myself up when these things happen.
Shaw (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-18)
thats sleep paralysis. Nothing to worry about 😁 many cures for sleep paralysis are available over the internet on websites. Don't worry. 😳
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
Seems like it would be a very confusing situation. My sleep patterns are so crazy, I can't tell what is real and what isn't very often. It might be the same case for you, except for the fact that the memory seems so vivid. Dreams are very strange things. Was this an isolated incident? Have you experienced anything similar since then? That could be the key to finding out if your experience was real or not.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: