You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Creature In The Kitchen?

Real Ghost Stories

Creature In The Kitchen?

 

I live in Geelong, Australia and this sighting occurred a couple years ago. I don't live in a very big house, so my bedroom is really close to the kitchen. I always slept with my door open back when I was 15 - 16 years old. My parent's bedroom is also close to the kitchen, which is where this "creature" was standing.

The time was around 3:30am, I remember waking up (I would wake up randomly sometimes, does not happen anymore) and I was facing my wall, with my back towards the kitchen. I rolled over to my other side and as soon as I did this my eyes adjusted to the light in the kitchen, then they fixated to the door which led to where my parent's room was which is also the entry into my kitchen.

This is when I spotted the creature. It wasn't very big, measuring around 80 centimeters. It resembled a goblin or gremlin. I could not tell for sure what it was; it was slightly dark but bright enough for me to get a rough figure. It had very distinct ears, which is what gave it away. At the time I couldn't move, probably because I was about to crap myself.

Me and this creature exchanged looks for about a minute. It was just peaking around the side of the door looking at me, standing very still.

All I did was look because I was afraid that if I moved, it would run off or attack me. After watching it for sometime, paralyzed, I quickly rolled back over to face the wall. I turned back to see if it was still watching me but it had disappeared.

The "creature" has never returned since then.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, orkestrated, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SoniaMary0023 (4 stories) (35 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-06)
That is so interesting! Hope you found your answers!

Much love xoxo
Sonia
Slenderman (33 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-29)
It doesn't appear like it wanted to harm you... Sounds like a brownie. (A goblin with good intentions) Just be sure not to thank it for anything, they do not liked being thanked for their gifts of cleaning and small household tasks. Do not ask too much of it, and maybe leave it some honey?

They generally reside in unused portions of houses and do not like being seen and only work at night... Perhaps it has left because you saw it? Or maybe it is being more careful?

Keep it real,

Slenderman.
LuxDomina (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-26)
Hey orkestrated... I just saw an episode of 'my ghost story' that reminded me of not only what you saw, but what I have seen too. They never found out what it was, but I remember a relatively short figure with large,pig-like ears and a kind of wrinkly skin but the lights in the hallway casted a shadow on its face. I'm going to write more about my experience but I thought you'd like to know I have seen that too.
joshro (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-30)
Hi,Dobby is back from the dead 😜
Is gotta be a Brownie.
Me friend thinks so too bye 😉
Joshro
suneyedgirl (2 stories) (16 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-20)
[at] DeviousAngel - I kept picturing Dobby too! Haha Great minds think alike!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
The image I am getting in my mind is a bit biased, lol. I just keep thinking of Dobby the house elf from Harry Potter. I like suneyedgirl's theory about the Brownie.

Here is the info on those creatures:

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brownie_ (folklore) <--take the space out between the underscore and the parenthese.
orkestrated (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
[at] KimSouthO

I live in a pretty high residential area, close to the main city, away from a lot of grassy areas or forests.
orkestrated (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
[at] DragonStorm80

My parents have told me that when I was a toddler, I could have been, or they think I was possessed. My mum told me I would wake up every night at exactly 12:20am, get up scream and not act like a human being. She said that this continued for 3 - 4 months and they said they were going to take me to a psychiatrist. But my mum's mum said take me to a "witch" first. So she did.

My mum said to me that the witch gave her a pouch with something in it (No smell coming from the pouch either). It was meant to be placed under my pillow at night and she said that all this nonsense would stop, which it did. The witch also said no one is to open the pouch, ever. I asked my parents about the pouch but they said they are never going to tell me where they have hidden it haha.

Ive looked through the whole house for it but still haven't found it.

I still don't believe my parents to this day.
orkestrated (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
[at] geetha50

I never told my parents about this. I can't say if it had been into my parent's room before looking at me, possibly. I turned to face the kitchen and I caught it peering at me.
orkestrated (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
[at] DeviousAngel

Yes the ears are what I remember the most. The best I can describe them would be that they looked somewhat like pigs ears haha. The face was slightly curved as well.
orkestrated (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
Sorry for taking so long to reply, I have been camping for a few days, finally back!

[at] BlueTurtle

My house is a single story. I don't have a doggy door as my dog is not allowed in the house, ever. The part of Geelong that I live in, there are no foxes or coyotes for about 20 minutes driving into the bushland.
suneyedgirl (2 stories) (16 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
It sounds like it may have been a Brownie to me. They make themselves responsible for houses and often go inside of them at night to make sure its human owners are taking care of it. I'm curious to know more details about the ears, too.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
I'm going to expand a little on KimSouthO's comment. I'm not trying to totally disprove you; I just want to lay out other possibilities before we conclusively say that it may have been a spirit.
Geelong appears to be near a lot of nature parks and reserves, though I'm not familiar with the exact demographics, being from the States. Is your house a single story home? Do you have a doggy door, especially near the kitchen?
Could it be that you saw a fox or a coyote? You say the ears were very apparent and, when they've been spotted, these animals will freeze and then flee. It sounds strange, but odder things have happened. I saw a video of a teenager here in the US who claimed (and later proved with video cameras) that a residential fox frequently walked through the doggy door in his house, went up the stairs, and slept at the end of the his bed! Strange!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
I think what you saw might have been a fae spirit. They are nature spirits and contrary to popular belief that faeries all look like little boys and girls with wings, they have varying appearances. I wonder if you could describe this creature in more detail? You said that it had distinct ears, but how so?
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
Hi orchestrated, my golly... This is a very interesting experience and scary experience you had. I can't be of help on this. There are so many things we still have many questions to ask with sometimes not an answer yet. I would like to see if there is anyone else with the same kind of experience. Thanks for sharing. Luckily it didn't return. Take care. Trix. ❤
Medial (2 stories) (25 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
That seems like quite the harrowing experience. I've thought to myself (about my own experiences) that non-human entities could have been a product of a dream, since they seem to occur most often during the night. But we certainly can't exclude them from being factual!

This is a fascinating story, and things like this always seem to get me more fascinated than terrified. Thanks orkestrated, look forward to hearing more on this.
JimD (431 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
Well, it may have been a dream, but it could have also been a demon. Not sure on this one. But since it's not returned, I guess you don't need the Catholic Holy water. Stay well - glad it's gone. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
I was going to ask the same thing as sarahmariacecilia. Did you ever tell your parents about this incident? Also, was it looking into your parents room and then turn to see you or was it just staring at you when you turned in your bed?
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
I have a friend that saw something that seems like what you saw, but I am not so sure.

Have you had any other strange things happen in the house prior or after seeing this little creature?
sarahmariacecilia (3 stories) (105 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
WOW this gave me the chills! The thought of "non human entities" scares me more than any kind of ghost could. Did you tell your parents about it? Maybe they have had some kind of sightings too! Thank you for the story!
Peace and Blessings,
Sarah
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
I am curious, did you live near or around a grassy or wooded are in thi house?

Thanks!
God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: