You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Help Me Identify This Being

Real Ghost Stories

Help Me Identify This Being

 

I live in Chatham, Louisiana. I am submitting my story because I need help determining what the thing/being/apparition was that I felt and my fiancé saw.

I feel I should tell you some minor details about myself. I am a scary movie junky, and I am fascinated by other worldly things. However, I would NEVER provoke anything!

It was a Sunday afternoon, and I was lying in my bed and playing Solitaire on my IPod while I texted my Fiancé, Trent. This feeling washed over me in a very extreme way that made me, and everything around me, seem like it screeched to a halt. I'm going to explain as best I can. Remember all this 'feeling' stuff happened within about 15 seconds. The feeling was one that you might get if you were in public or at school, and you "felt" someone staring you down; that intense sense of knowing that someone is staring at you. Then this overwhelming picture popped into my head, I was still processing the starring feeling (trying to figure out why or what something was starring at me.) so I hadn't had time to start thinking of what 'it' could be. The image was one of a VERY tall (I'd say around 7' at the shortest), all black, skinny (as in it didn't have bodily depth to it.), and it seemed billowy and shadowish.

I could tell that what ever it was would not come or go any farther than where it currently was. It stood probably about 15' away from me at all times. It was like it wanted me to know it was there, and that it had no intentions of hurting me in any way. However it seemed repressed, and unhappy. It seemed to find a certain comfort in just watching whomever it was watching. It wasn't a menacing or mean thing. It made it clear from the beginning that it most definitely could be but had no intensions of doing anything of those sorts.

It was always around except for when I was around my Fiancé. I suppose that even it respected the boundaries of couple time. Ha-ha. It did scare me a bit but it never really 'frightened me. It was VERY hard to fall asleep with that feeling of being starred down so every night I would ask it to close its eyes until I fell asleep or to stop letting me know where it was, and it would. It always let me sort of know where it was, in the sense it would show me through mental images where it was as a sort of respect for my privacy.

I'm not sure what, where, why, or how I became involved with this entity but I have to say not all entities are menacing, growling, drooling, horrifying creatures of the night.

Oh and he did the same thing to my fiancé except my fiancé saw him duck behind a tree.

So my questions to you are... What was it that 'haunted' me for lack of a better word?

Why did it choose me? And was there some reason I should be scarred if he shows up again?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KatieTemples, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

grimmind (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-11)
so a picture popped into your head and it became a real thing?
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-13)
to me it sounds like a shadow person. They are just like people only shadows. It may just like you. That is enough for something to stare at you.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-13)
KatieTemples: To me this sounds like your run of the mill "Shadow Person" they are very common to witness and put off the exact same feeling that you described.
They appear in shadow form because it is believed this is the easiest form to be seen and manifest in.
They will try to manifest properly into a form that is recognizable to us ie: distinguishable features etc. But this I believe requires a lot of energy to do so. Seeing this thing in your minds eye, is a great gift, and extrememly uncanny that both you and your boyfriend share this, interesting.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
jrthompson (3 stories) (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
Like other's said not all entites want to scare you, they just don't want to be alone, Did you just move into the place? Did your renivate it of any kind? That sort of thing can pervoke paranomal activity! But as of now I don't think it anything to worry about. 😁
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
KatieTemples - I'm not sure if your experience is related to similar situations because you didn't "physically" see this "man," but I'm going to ask this question.

Had anyone you were close to died before you starting "seeing" this being? Even as long as a year before?
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
I don't think this is an evil entity Katie... For what you've described it just wanted you to aknowledge its presence and, just like you said, don't feel violated in a place where you should have privacy.
I can't tell you why but I got the feeling that this being was curious, it might be "studying" the environment and maybe get familiar with human habits. Moreover, it obeyed when your fianc
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-11)
The only thing I know is that I know nothing. 😊 I know it can feel silly to say things like "I saw it telepathically," but you are not alone there. Many people see entities with their "third eye." As for what it is, I have one thought; there are theories that there are shadow-like entities that watch people. Generally those shadows are thought to never make direct contact & are not a threat. Though why they are watching & why they seem to choose some people to watch very closely is anyone's guess. It's possible they go away when we let them know we don't like being watched. I don't know if it will come back, many people report single events but others seem to see them more often. My suggestion would be to take whatever protective precautions you feel comfortable with, but don't expend too much energy worrying about it.
KatieTemples (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-11)
Jitow: Thank you for your advice. I was alarmed at my having any sort of issues in this respect, I've always been a skeptic. NOT ANYMORE! Ha-ha. I did start wearing a cross around my neck, and I had one on my bed and I told my mom. Whose only remark was, "Well Katie, I don't know what to tell you. You just need to pray." Sort of a heartless remark considering this was the first night I had experienced it and I was scared senseless. However, I felt no harm from it but that doesn't mean there were no intentions for harm. It eventually left a month or so later.

Moongrim: the "slender man" is not what I saw at all. Same concept in tallness but not a suit so much as a complete blackness. Not just in clothing, but every part of it.

Nysa: You seem very knowledgeable. I never physically saw it standing their. When I described "seeing" it I meant more of like a telepathic sort of thing. That sounds extremely silly. What I mean is I could tell where it was at all times, if it was there I could feel it. I saw everything within my head. It seemed as though it was a respect move for it to show me what, where it was. Sort of like it wanted me to know it was there so I wouldn't feel violated where privacy was concerned.
however, I still felt concerned, afraid, and scared of what it was. Sometimes it was blank around it, other times it was standing in the woods. I never knew what that meant so I just decided to ignore it before my reactions took over and freaked out even worse. It was around all the time. When I was in class, in my house, anywhere but with my fiance, and driving. I felt it for a little over a month, probably two weeks over a month. I'm not sure what made it go away. My fiance said he could feel it outside his kitchen window and then said that he told it to f*** off and it got closer by two feet. Then he said he just played with his cat then said there's no reason for you to watch me so go away. Then he said it left. I didn't feel it after that any more.

And just let me know how I can help any of you, or what I can do to help.
ghostGuy (45 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-11)
Nysa - Good questions.
Would like to know first to give a better
Comment.
Jitow (362 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-11)
You are correct about not all entities acting menacing or threatening. They know you better than you know yourself. You have to understand that you did not notice this thing until it was ready for you to notice it. It controls the feelings that you get and how you perceive those feelings. If you read through any of the hundreds of posts on this website yo will quickly see that it is what most would call a shadow being. I have seen next to know accounts where someone could demonstrate that it was benevolent and there are mostly up to no good. You may not be religeous but a surefire way to test any spirit is to call on the name of Jesus. If it flies out of there or has any effect on it then you can count on it being negative. The spirit world is not as complex as it seems and many researchers these days are finding that there are very few once human spirits active out there, so that leaves the majority only negative. I know that it is not as fun to say that much of the spirit world is being rapidly demistified and many entities are being traced back to the angelic form, the fallen angelic form. They are turning out to be the only spirit type that has a mission an push their agenda of destruction in many different directions. Frontal assault and terrifying people, I think, is the mosr rare form of attack they use. They are masters of deception and unfortunately have usually sprung their trap on the unsuspecting and are entrenched by the time they start to physically manifest. I don't think you asked for help because you don't think it is evil, that is exactly what it wants. The spirit world is very legalistic and if you indicate that it is OK to stay then it will defend that legal right to stay agressively. Instead of just saying Jesus, I suggest you say Jesus Rebuke you. If for some reason it did turn out not to be bad, it will just look at you a little funny. If its intentions are to destroy you and your fiance's life then you need to rebuke it. All this nonsense of telling it in a firm voice to leave will not get it, it may leave for a day or two to make you think it works, but it is no deterrant for them. I implore you not to let this go on any longer. What seems interesting now can quickly go down hill, call on the name of Jesus and see what type of spirit it is.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-11)
From the website "photographer unknown, presumed dead." A little melodramatic isn't it? I believe the "slender man" story is a fabricated legend, though perhaps built up around genuine sightings, I can't really say.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-11)
Was this the one you noticed?

Http://www.mythicalcreaturesguide.com/page/Slender+Man

If so, you may be in for a fine kettle of fish.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-10-11)
I have a few questions for you, you describe it as an image that popped into your head, but describe it as staying 15 feet away from you. Did you ever see it with your eyes or did you always see it in your mind & feel it's distance? If you saw it in your mind, did you see the room around it or was it blank around it? Also it sounds like it was around a lot, how long were you seeing it, weeks or months? Do you think something specific made it go away?

In my opinion you first instinct is usually the right one. If you felt "it" deserved respect but was not threatening you, don't let someone convince you based on their philosophies that it was something you just did not realize was malevolent. I don't think it is immediately obvious what this thing is most likely to be, but we get some good ideas going around here if you keep the dialog open.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: