You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Family Guardian

Real Ghost Stories

Family Guardian

 

When I was seven years old I'd shared a bedroom with my two brothers. There were three beds positioned side by side in a average size room, which made our sleeping quarters a little tight for comfort. My bed was positioned in the middle of the room between my two brothers and positioned directly under the light bulb; which in hindsight was probably not a good place for your head to be, considering I was looking into the light (pardon the pun) for all the wrong reasons.

I remember this particular evening after kissing my mother good night, I'd headed to my bed around 730. I used to sleep with the light on for as long as I could or until my two brothers came to bed and turned the light off at a later point. As I was laying in my bed, I can remember clearly staring at the light bulb, which had been on for a considerable period of time and would have been scorching hot for obvious reason. What happen next, is something to this day I will never forget and like my previous story "Showground Road" will always be grateful for, by the grace of God or the luck of the Irish or both.

Suddenly with no one else in the room, I felt these two hands grab me from under my armpits and lift me up from a laying position into a sitting position in an urgent quick as they could type of fashion. The strength of this action, was with the strength similar to a physical one, that I can clearly remember!... With in one or two seconds later from this previous experience, the light bulb exploded and landed exactly where my face was previously transfixed. I can't remember my exact thoughts at the time, but I was a little bewildered by the manner of how I was lifted and who had just picked me up out of harm's way.

The consequences of the light bulb burning my face may have been quite serious and maybe even fatal considering my age was only 7 and the year 1972. It would have at least for sure changed the way I looked and the path I have since travelled from that point to this.

For a lot of years I always wondered who it was and why? And even touched on it here some years ago believing it may have been a guardian Angel. I was sharing this experience and others like "August Soul Mates" with my brother a while back and what he told me about our home we lived in in 1972 has since changed my mind about the presence behind the prop. My eldest brother saw my grandfather's spirit floating in the corner of the room that we slept in. Not sure if it was before my own experience or after but I do feel my Grandfather was the one responsible for saving me on that night.

I was only three years old when my grandfather died and I can't remember him much at all. Through my other personal experiences, I know now that my departed loved ones look over me and visit me often and I will always remember and appreciate that night his incredible energy and will of protection lifted me out of harm's way... God bless you Pop.

Other hauntings by aussiedaz

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, aussiedaz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-09-07)
WOW! What a lucky little boy you were. ❀ Seems as though your grandfather is your guardian angel. 😊
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-11)
I read a very similar story a while back, I can't remember who posted it. It's good to know we are looked after now and then. Though I haven't experienced a direct intervention like yours, I think spirits have helped me in the past.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-31)
Thank you Stephyw2011, and yes I'm glad too that someone up their was watching over me... I couldn't imagine my life now had things been different that night... ❀
stephyw2001 (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
Really nice story aussiedaz! Its so comforting to know that there are forces watching people. I'm so glad your face isn't all Phantom of the Opera! 😊 Thank you, guardian, for watching out!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-23)
Thanks mate, I am happy you liked it. I heard it years ago and never forgot it. Then one day while we were setting up for a Viet Nam Vets festival we throw each year, I heard an acoustic guitar playing nearby, and when the guy started singing that song...well, it all came back.

Jav 😊
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-23)
Right, there are many great songs that don't find there way to the market, but I guess with the internet we can find them a lot easier than years ago... But I agree this one should be a classic.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-22)
I think I know what you're getting at. But what really gets me about that song is that it is basically unknown. That has always puzzled me.

Jav
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-22)
Yeah, Country blues feel... I can here other songs in there but not really? If that makes any sense, that's usually a compliment to how good the song itself is. Lol 😁
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-22)
Thanks Bucko,
It's cool. As long as you got the song. It is a good one huh?

Jav 😊
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-22)
Yes Jav, Great song, I really enjoyed it and thank you for sending it... I tried again to return your email but obviously with no success, something is wrong somewhere? I tried from two different email accounts and two different computers, I'm at a lost to explain it.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-20)
Hey Bucko!
I sent you an email with another song I think you should do. Check it out and tell me what you think.

Jav
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-19)
Thank you Logan, I appreciate your thoughts and yes the bond between my family and me are strong and I look forward to being reunited with them one day... Not for a while yet though... Lol ❀
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-19)
Aussie,

You have such strong bonds within your family. It is just so inspiring to read them. I think it is because of these bonds, you did what other people may have walked away from doing for Keisha. God bless:)
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-19)
Thanks Taz, your thoughts are most welcomed, yeah, I didn't really feel scared at all, probably should have been, but I guess my instincts where more thankful... And good to hear from you again my friend, cheers. ❀
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-19)
True geetha and something else about the afterlife, our loved one can look in their prime... We are able to project our image and looks to what ever age we feel was our best or most comfortable... Thank you for your kind thoughts... 😁 ❀
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-18)
auzzie great post mate, when I noticed the name it was like oh good a new one from auzzie,
Then you mentioned the bulb and I felt oh no, what's comming? And started to worry.
I did think the bulb was going to drop out of the fitting but never expected the exploding!
And you being dragged out of the way just in time!
That woud have scared the living doo doo out of me.

But then you say you believe it was your grandfather and that got me right in the ❀
Loved it auzzie 😁
Carl
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-18)
Loved this story... Like the other posters here, I think it was your grandfather looking out for you. As you mentioned to granny about growing spiritually, I think many of us are doing that to; I think this site tends to do that to people. Unfortunately, the pains of growing up old is part of life but my grandmother always told me that when you finally meet your family in heaven, it would be like time didn't pass at all.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-17)
Ahhh thanks for your kind words Aussie, and I expect all of us to be here over the next few decades I aint taking no for an answer mate lol. Not so sure on the chosen one but am up for the comedy feast part lol! πŸ˜†

Thanks again mate! 😁
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-17)
Thank you Luna, Koalagirl and yes Storm you betcha we're good mates, Cosmo thank you again my friend and young Dan, there are a few of us here who have grown to some degree spiritually over the last couple of years and I think the reason for that, is because none of us profess to be masters of the all known, but rather pupil's of the all learning, keep it up mate, you my friend have many decades left and I'm hedging my bets on you as being him..." The chosen one" πŸ˜† or at least for our next comedy feast... πŸ˜† sorry mate as I said, I still have a bit of growing up to do in the humour department... Cheers again guys LOL.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-17)
Hi Aussie, I am happy to see you posted another one of your experiences. 😁 I have no doubt that you have long line of family members that continue to watch over and protect you even after they pass on. Great story, and thank you for sharing this one with us. 😊 ❀
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-10-17)
Aussie, as always, loved it mate! I have absolutely no doubt that this was your pop and you know that it isn't just him looking over and out for you, you have many others aswell, truly a blessing mate!😊

Looking forward to more Daz, spose I should get off my backside and post another one of my experiences aswell, its been a while.
As Granny mentioned you have grown a heap spiritually mate, you do notice these things, but then I think about how long we have all been on here and all the experiences in general all of us have had. We have all grown spiritually. 😊

Dan
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-10-16)
Hey Daz this is such a cool story! I think its really lovely that your pop is watching over you and protectively so also 😊 I'm glad you are on the path you are because now we are friends 😊 ❀
koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-16)
Hi that such a beautiful story, I am glad that you have a guardian watching over you and keep out of harms way, thankyou for sharing di.
Luna0794 (3 stories) (19 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-15)
That is a great story! I think it is our ancestors job -- I don't know what else to call it -- to watch over us while they are in the afterlife. It seems some are more involved than others.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-14)
Nysa, anything is possible I guess and knowing now how protective my departed family members are and my brother seeing him in that room too, just makes me think pop had a hand in this one... As an observation, I don't believe that was part of my fate... A bit like that movie sliding doors, I have had premonitions myself many times and I believe that family spirits, guardian angels are more able to access this unique skill our spiritual consciousness has to help others here just like I was helped in this story, thank you for your comment. 😁
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-14)
Thanks Jav and you said it mate, boys will be boys the mischief my brothers and I got up to πŸ˜† and yes mate, I am blessed to have my departed loved ones look over me the way they do, especially my mother, being able to see and talk to her has given me a lot of peace with in and what Granny was referring too in regards to growing spiritually... Knowing one day we all be together again just makes growing old that little more easier to cope with... Although I'm not sure about the wrinkles, grey hair and arthritis πŸ˜†...anyway's amate!...it's good to hear from you too and I hope all is good in your quarters Brunhillda ❀
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-10-14)
You know, I was thinking this protector might have assumed the look of your grandfather to make your brother feel more comfortable with it, but the simpler explanation (that the guardian was just what he appeared to be) is probably the right one.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-14)
Hey Aussie,
Glad to see you posting again. Always enjoy reading your experiences.
I am probably repeating the obvious here mate, but you have been blessed with a boat load of protective family spirits. You could have been blinded, maimed, and/or electrocuted! What were you doing staring straight into the lightbulb anyway? Boys! I'm telling you, between DARKNESS running crazy with water guns and admitting he would squirt the elderly ladies walking by if he had the chance... To you staring straight on into a bright lightbulb, for no reason whatsoever that I can see, I don't know how you boys made it to adulthood!
With you keeping your relatives on their toes, when they should have been at rest? What a handful you must kave been. 😜
You were blessed to have them Bucko, and we're all the more fortunate that they saw fit to keep you on this side of the light (pun intended).
Thanks for sticking around mate! And thank your loved ones for making sure you did. ❀

Jav 😊
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-14)
I think we both have grown spiritually some what Granny since our time here at YGS and I can sincerely say that about you too mate ❀...although I think my humour has taken a bad dive in the last few monthsπŸ˜†...thank you for your thoughts Granny and something I just realized about the ending to this story where I wrote, I was only three years old when my grandfather died, it was at his funeral did I have my very first ghost experience and yes I might revisit a validated OBE experience just to support that hauntings are mostly miss interpreted interactions by our departed loved ones, thanks again Granny.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-14)
Aussie: I love this experience!...Well told, my friend ❀...You and your brothers are very fortunate to have had a guardian watching over you... You especially, as that light bulb would probably have maimed you for life at the very least, and you're right, maybe even caused your death...

I think you've grown so much spiritually since I've become aquainted with you... Thank you for posting, and as always, looking forward to more! πŸ˜†

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: