You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Paranormal Events Follow Me: Am I Personally Haunted?

Real Ghost Stories

Paranormal Events Follow Me: Am I Personally Haunted?

 

All my life, I have seen/experienced things most people don't. I know that sounds overused and expected, but please hear me out.

When I was growing up, I lived in a trailer bought by my parents. Other than negativity generated by my biological father (who was an alcoholic, drug-abusing, paranoid schizo), nothing odd or tragic happened in that trailer. The only mental problem I have is depression as determined by a licensed psychiatrist, so I'm not now, nor ever have been, crazy.

Nevertheless, I remember seeing shadows moving around whatever room I was in, even following me outside at times. I was notorious for waking up screaming and/or crying from terrible nightmares, even when I was a teen. I would hear conversations when no one else was home. I would hear a little girl giggling, playing, and humming Brahm's lullaby. I remember several times I was alone in my room playing and I would hear her run down the hallway, stop at my door, run back to the living room, then repeat.

Besides the little girl, I have seen three apparitions: a young civil war soldier with curly blonde hair and a big nose; a heavy-set old man in overalls; and a large white, human-shaped light. The light walked through my brother's bedroom wall, across the hallway, and through the opposite wall (which leads to outside). Where a normal person would have dark shadows due to light, this thing had varied levels of gold instead. Several doors would close, or sound like they were closing, by themselves. Household items would move or even disappear, especially when the family went on vacation.

I never slept in the dark because I would always feel someone was watching me or things in my room would move. Once, I even woke up and saw a hanger floating in mid-air, but when I jumped up to turn on the overhead light, it was lying on my clothes pile on the floor. Another time, I remember waking up because I could feel a weight on the end of my bed, laying across me feet. I sat up, and as I did, a dark shadow with red eyes sat up with me and looked at me. I hid under the covers and could feel it get up off the bed. I hid under the covers so long I fell asleep under them.

The only time I talked directly to the spirits there was when I was 9-ish. I was had convinced myself I was being a baby and ghosts weren't real, so I sat on my bed, faced my closet, and challenged the spirits. "Move something!" I remember saying. "Come on! I dare you! If you're real, you'd do something! Show yourself!"

A collectible doll fell off my wall shelf with enough force to miss the dresser beneath it and land in the middle of my floor.

The most recent "extreme" experience I had in that house was when I was 14. I was home alone and had been feeling uneasy, so I turned on the TV. The feeling just grew stronger, so I turned on the radio and all the lights in the house and curled up in a recliner in the living room. My mother called me, and as I was talking to her and trying to tell her what was happening, I could feel something circling the recliner. There was no sound and no image, just the feeling. The more I tried to say to Mom, the angrier it seemed to get and the faster it circled. Finally, I screamed in tears "Mom get me out of here! It's mad at me!" I spent the rest of the day at my grandparents and begged Mom not to take me home. It took me years to gain the confidence to close a door behind me after that. I even used the bathroom with the door open because I was so terrified.

I accepted the fact the trailer was haunted, though I didn't know why. When I got a job at 16, it was only a few days before odd things started happening there, too. The "customer bell" over the front door would ring for no reason, I would see someone take a seat, go out to take their order and there would be no one there, and --like at home-- things would move around. Customers and other workers noticed things as well, and the place was closed in 6 months. My second and current job seemed normal until my second week. Suddenly, 3 people have seen an old woman who vanishes, items fall off the shelves, people hear their names being called, workers have been touched by invisible hands, and items start moving right in front of people's eyes. All since I started working there.

When I turned 19, I started dating a guy who had never had a solid paranormal experience in his life. After a couple of months of dating, he told me he and his family had been experiencing odd things around the house, such as whispers, footsteps, and electric problems. The main culprit? A little girl he, his mother, and his teenage sister had all seen on separate occasions, though he had also seen a floating face he described as being "like the drama masks".

A year and a half later, my boyfriend and I have moved into an apartment in a different city and a different county. For a while, things were quiet. I could sleep well in the dark, I had no problem being home alone, and my boyfriend was totally at ease. Within two months, though, things started up, just as they always have. Fleeting shadows, lights that flash and move between blinks, nightmares, uneasy watched feelings...

Recently, there has been a terrifying twist to all this. I had a nightmare one night that my boyfriend couldn't wake me from. There was this shadow thing on the end of the bed, gripping the blankets by my feet. It was going to get me. I just had that threatening feeling that it was about to crawl over my legs, pin me down, and get me. It was so vivid, I am still remembering the details four days later, and I am more fearful than ever. I have done a sage cleansing once, but I don't think it had any effect.

I need help. I'm terrified, my boyfriend is uncomfortable around me, and people who have known me a long time dread me coming over because weird things happen. I don't know what to do! Please help me!

Other hauntings by Watchful

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Watchful, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DrGhost (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-22)
You don't have to do anything big with the pentagram. Just wear a neckless or somthing.
Watchful (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
Thank you for your comments. I might need to mention that I grew up in a Christian home, but I, myself, am Pagan.
Not asking for a religious debate, but would that make a difference on the methods I use? Or would any method work if I just believe it would work?

Update: I did 3 cleansings of the apartment, following Rook's directions. I also hung the iron piece over my front door and I have marigolds growing outside my windows. I haven't had anymore serious nightmares, but I still see things moving around.
I will post the details soon.
SamiTheUnicorn (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
Well, it sounds like this little girl and other spirits are attached to you, as they are everywhere you go. I suggest seeking out help of a medium, (people who can communicate with the dead or paranormal.) If they aren't able to help, try a Paranormal research group. They may be able to get the spirits to go away, pass over, or leave you alone, but still be there.

Hope This Helps! 😊
DrGhost (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
Christians may hate me but you should try the pentagram sign. It's the circle with a star in it. Christians believe that it's the sign of the devil but it originally meant as a sign of protection against witches demons and spirits.
Watchful (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-19)
[at] generalchaos: I doubt Moongrim was telling me to take anything from a cemetery by damaging property. Plenty of pieces fall/break from cemetery fences because of time, animals, people, weather, etc. I found a decorative iron fence topper outside a local cemetery, no crime or disrespect committed.
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-05)
[at] Moongrim - did I read that correctly? Did you just imply someone should take something (iron) from a cemetery? *gasp*
Last time I was in a cemetery, there weren't a lot of things just loose for people to take. I wouldn't recommend defacing someone's headstone or any part of a cemetery.

If you choose to go with something iron, there are plenty of stones that have a lot of iron in them. Among them are Hematite (pretty, shiny, pewter-colored stone) and Magnetite. Cheap, pretty, you can get a hematite ring or pendent almost anywhere.
Watchful (2 stories) (17 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-23)
I canceled my account because I was feeling nervous after publishing my story. I was alone in the apartment when I wrote it, and after reading the first few comments, the atmosphere got...heavy? Dark? Does that make sense? It was just too scary for me, so I cut the connection to my account. I don't know why. It just seemed to make sense.

Then, I realized that by doing so, I was running. Not cool, and highly ineffective.

I have taken notes on Prophet_Sun and rookdygin. I plan to try your suggestions ASAP.

WhiteWolf and avikhaunted, thank you so much for your comments, as well.

Its really good to know people care enough to help. I don't know any of you, and you all took time to suggest things and offer comfort and wisdom. It's amazing to me. It really is.

Thank you (x1million).
Prophet_Sun (2 stories) (5 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-23)
Salt lines on your door and window.

Bloodroot - leaves and flowers in your doorway and window for Protection

A satchel of Chamomile, pepper mint and lavander for a easy Night sleep under you pillow

A branch of Elder above your door and window to keep evil out

Garlands of Fennel on your windows and grow in your garden to Ward off evil spirits

A living plant of Marigold stop evil from
Entering
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
MoonLoveRose,

I don't know if you will come back and read this but you asked about a Protection/Cleansing Method, I use this for myself and Family and others here on site have found it useful...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please keep us informed.

Dmcal,

Quite the nice Sermon but I have a question or two...

If 'Believers' go directly to Heavenly Fathers side when they pass why are they called out for the Final Judgment? They passed Judgment already and have entered Heaven so they need not 're-apply', the others seem to already be Condemned so why a Final Judgement at all?

Remember 1 Corinthians 15:40-44 40) There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
41) There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
42) So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43) It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44) It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

It makes a bit more sense to me that we go and await the Final Judgment one (in) one of these 'Glories' and that we will all be called forth, our Souls joined with our Perfected Bodies and Judged. It is from these 'Glories' that our Spirits can interact with the Living...

Let us not forget Residual Hauntings... No interation there... Just a moment in time 'recorded' that replays... So that Civil War Soldier, may be just that... A recored event that 'plays back' every now and again.

You also stated... (Quoted so there is no mistake or confusion)

"Satan and his angels hate God and mankind and they do everything that they are allowed to do in order to keep people from salvation through Christ."

While I agree Satan and his Fallen Angles (Demons) Hate God and Mankind it's not a question of what they are 'allowed' to do... It's the Fact that they do EVERYTHING they can to draw people away from Salvation. Granted Satan's Power is not as Great as Heavenly Fathers but they can and will do EVERYTHING they can to lead people astray.

You also said... "smudging, lighting candles, holy water, religious relics, rosaries, letting light into the house, etc--none of these actions can ward off or defend a person from fallen angels/demons. If they leave, it may only be for a short while, but it is only to keep up the masquerade."

While I can see you mentioning some of those I'm quite suprised about the Religious Relics, Rosaries and Holy Water... These are all 'Trappings of the Faith' and being such have been Blessed by those in 'Authority' being of 'Strong Faith' Heavenly Father allows these items to protect/sheild/comfort those who believe in Him.

So, I do Believe in Heavenly Father and His Son... But 'THUMPING' folks on the head tends to drive them away... I like to offer 'Stepping Stones' rather than throwing out Stumbling Blocks'...just saying...

Respectfully,

Rook
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
I would like to add a suggestion. The malevolent spirit could be a person from a past life they can recognize your spirit and become attached to you. Remember malevolent spirits are earthy bound and can never move on.

I am gifted as well I am gifted with the ability of Empathy and have to say that avikhaunted is right Meditating helps you just have to concentrate on closing your mind because with an open mind the more spirits will contact you or follow you from place to place.
I do not believe in smugging because it does not always work and can upset an attached spirit.
avikhaunted (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
Hey

You have indeed led one hell of a life... Maybe you should find a boyfriend who is a ghost hunter (pun intended) :)

Now getting serious... You are sensitive to ghosts, like an easy target... Try to have complete control over your mind... Try meditating for an hour daily atleast

Purification rituals do work but you need to find some extremely religiour parson which is harder to get then it seems

Also look up the net to find stuff that ward off evil spirits... Having a cross handy always helps

And a last suggestion though it may sound awkward... Try to find a logical solution to every problem... Make sure these aren't mind games... And if it does not help, then instead of getting scared try to find out if they are trying to communicate something or you were just at the wrong place at the wrong time... Maybe you are not unlucky but just gifted!
MoonLovedRose (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
Thank you all for your comments. I will definitely try the iron. I was afraid there was more than one. As for the dark/demonic entities: any advice specifically for that? I don't belong to a church, though I am highly religious. Should I try to cleanse my home or myself? Should I find a pro to do it for me?

I'm so glad I am getting responses back. I was feeling completely alone in this since everyone started getting scared of me (if they believed me at all).
BriBri (4 stories) (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
Im no expert, but it seems to me that somehow not just one kind of paranormal being is following you, but a great many is. Many of these sound quite harmless. However a few of these more violent ones sound more demonic than mere shades. My advise would be to have some sort of higher power try to cleans you and your home. Try to also get some sort of pet with you (a dog is probably most preferred) as animals are sensitive to spirits and having a companion with you that other than your Boyfriend may be comforting. They can also be used as a sign of warning when a violent being is in your presence. I hope this helps.
Argette (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
I'm no expert but it seems you are dealing with a lot here, and I tend to agree with Naru that its a combination. Some of these things have happened to me in various places, but they have been so far apart and so varied there seems to be no connection to anything.
Naru_117 (19 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
Im not entirely sure that you are dealing with ghosts... It could very well be a combination. The electrical interference is definately from a ghost but the more malevolent being from your dreams sounds more like a demon which could explain the sage failing to remove it.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
Amongst other items to try:

Cold Iron-
Cold iron is a poetic and archaic term for iron, referring to the fact that it feels cold to the touch. In modern usage the term has been most associated with folkloric beliefs that iron could ward off ghosts, fairies, witches, and/or other malevolent supernatural creatures.

Iron from a Cemetary, or a small piece of Iron from someone's 'Lucky' horseshoe may work.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_in_folklore#Cold_iron
As to ghost Repellants-

Http://www.hollowhill.com/guide/ifghost.htm

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: