You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: The Demon Of My House

Real Ghost Stories

The Demon Of My House

 

My name is Ryan, and I am 20 years old. My first encounter with a spirit was when I was the age of 7, and my sister was right there with me. The incident I am going to talk about... Well I should say incidents, since there are a lot, but I'll list only 4 to keep it short.

1) This is my first encounter since I was 5. Now, I remember when I was going to bed, I was the most tired I have been in a very long time. This was unusual, considering I was begin a lazy-ass for about the past 3 weeks prior. Stress and depression has been building up during these weeks, and it was literally draining my energy. I started becoming fatigued more easily, and eventually it started becoming harder for me to wake up early. Eventually I started waking up at noon, and that's not even the start. During all this time, I am noticing my memory has been getting worse and worse, mainly with short-term parts. I felt paranoia everywhere I went. I talked to my mom, and she said possibly a mental illness, but I don't hear voices. So as I lay in bed, I think... Think... Think... Until BOOM! All of a sudden my eyes pop wide open. I don't remember falling asleep, but I have now awaken. During the time my eyes are opening, I have a feeling in my body, I wouldn't call it adrenaline, but "fear mixed with awareness." As they are opening, and as my body has these waves of uneasiness, I am noticing that what I am looking at is in fact a blacker-than-black thing just standing there at my bed side... Staring at me. I was speechless. I instantly flipped over to my other side, while curling up in the fetal position with my eyes slammed shut. My heart beat was racing like it never has before... Until... It happened. I could literally feel my soul being dragged out from my back. I felt like my mind was getting further away my body, I wouldn't say it hurt per-say, but it was very, VERY uncomfortable, until I hear this pop in my ear. It wasn't loud, it wasn't quiet, it was just there. The moment I heard it, everything stopped, and I lay there asking myself "Am I dreaming?!" Now, keep in mind that in "real-time" it has been about maybe one-minute MAX, but in "my-time" it felt like a half hour. Once my heart beat was normal, and my breathing was slower... I lay there crying. I don't remember falling back asleep, but I remember waking the next morning, and found on Google's search engine a few articles about "Shadow Beings" and "Sleep Paralysis." All my family have said it was just a sleep paralysis ordeal, however, I don't think they fully understood the FACT that I was able to turn my entire body over, while curling it up into a ball, WHILE pulling the blanket over my head... Paralysis doesn't allow you to move.

The Demon Of My House

2) Its been about a week now, and I had just came back home after driving my buddy "C" to work. Its about 8 in the morning, and I go upstairs and crawl into bed thinking to myself "Time to finally go back to sleep" I lay there, and lay there... And lay there. About 10 minutes swing by, and I am still awake, just staring into the now swooshing colors behind my eyelids. I haven't seen these swirl effects in a while, so I lay there just watching, hoping to get tired in the process. Then out of nowhere I feel my chest being pushed, and my entire body starts getting crammed into my bed. Deeper, and deeper, and deeper I go. During this stage, I remember hearing something. It wasn't laughing, it wasn't talking, it was more like random noises... More then one noise, and they were blurred together into one noise. It was really creepy. In my head I yell out "GO AWAY!" and I felt the relief the moment I thought that thought. I slowly sit up, look around the room, and see nothing. I turn over onto my stomach, remembering the article about how sleep paralysis is from laying on your back. I lay there, and right when I notice myself drooling on the pillow, I feel that eerie feeling again. I lay there scarred, scarred of what might actually be there. I ask in my head "Lord Darkness?" and the feeling gets even worse! When the pressure was too intense, I told it to leave but it wouldn't. Next, I demanded it to leave and it did.

I have told 2 of my 3 friends what happened. One of them said it was a demon, and he had a similar experience. The other told me it was maybe an angered energy. I considered both, asked myself what I might have done, any sins I might have committed, but I couldn't think of any.

3) Its another night. Been about 2 weeks without any spirit trouble. I go to bed like normal, only this night I took 2 pain-killers to help me pass-out. I don't know the strength, but they are the ones given to you for after a dentist goes in your mouth, and rips out your wisdom teeth for no reason. I pop one, sit there for about an hour playing my PS2, pop the next one and go crawl into my covers. I lay there in silence, hoping to wake up and get some chores done. Around a half hour later, I felt my body jolt. It felt like something pushed my chest in for about half a second, with some force mind-you, because it made my whole body jump. I take off the blind fold, nothing looks unusual, so I go back to sleep and tell myself it was only a hypnotic jerk, or whatever those are called. But then a few hours later, I awaken from my dream, and feel my leg having a falling sensation. During this sensation, I felt it, and HEARD it land on my hollow-metal frame, making an echoing noise through out the bar. I ask myself why my leg was in the air, and more importantly... HOW DID IT GET UP THERE?! I let about 20 minutes pass, so I can get some water, calm down, and get back into my peaceful state of mind. I then awake for a third time from a push. YES, a push. Something, I'm assuming it was the same black entity / creature / inter-dimensional-what-ever, because I was laying on my side, and I felt something literally push my hip, causing my body to flip over onto my stomach. I stayed awake until morning and still have yet to tell anyone in person.

I know we aren't supposed to talk about dreams here, but please, forgive me, it IS relevant. To me at least. Before I mention the dream, I should state that I have been in a state of mind now for a while that is not easy to explain. DeJaVu happens everyday, and every dream seems more real and more intense (sense wise) ... Its almost like my dreams are real, but in my mind? I don't know how else to explain it, but when I dream, it's almost like its just another day of life.

4) Anyways, I am posting this because I don't know if it was dream or not.

I am laying there, with my blind fold on. (I wear one at night to help me sleep better, and so I don't have to wake up and see that thing staring at me.) Within a short amount of time, I feel the need to open my eyes. I do so, and see my door is open. I thought to myself "that's weird, I never leave my door open... Ever" and as that thought finished, I felt that feeling. My brain recognized the feeling, because I found myself automatically turning over in panic. I hear this noise. Its different this time, its not like the other times. This one was more of a music type, I would say like a circling, whooshing, spiraling vortex sound. As this sound is happening, I Am screaming in my head "HELP ME!" "PLEASE!" "SOMEONE! HELP" Then I woke up, with my heart racing like a mother, and I seem to be out of breathe. I lay there, blanket pulled over my head, and I debate whether it happened or if it was a dream.

Anyone else have similar things going on? I ruled out sleep paralysis since I can move every time it happens. What I really want to know, can they really 'touch" you, or was I experiencing a very weird, and very odd hypnotic jerk? Personally I believe it is a demon, because when I recite the Guardian Prayer, I feel increased awareness and a lift of weight off my entire body. I wouldn't call myself religious... Because I don't go to church... But I don't think you have to go church to get to know the spirit realm. The scriptures in churches are written by man anyway.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Stroup, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

chapulin1234 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-13)
Hello Ryan,

I just stumbled upon your story -Have you found a solution?, In any case, I wish you are feeling better, 😊
All the best,
Claudia
bloodymarysbaby117 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-03)
Yes, I have had the very the same feeling and have also ruled out sleep paralysis. Although, the thing I sometimes see is a black demon with a red glowing outline. My wife Fran, Never budges during the process with the demon. And two nights ago, it happened again. Fran was not breathing and she has been in a coma sort of thing. (the doctors say its not a coma, but a sleeping thingy). I am scared to death and hope nothing happens.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
Granny,

Does that mean I have to pull my question to the O/P? Or can I re-post it here and ask they reply to my e-mail...I'm really curious about why they made the statement that sparked such an 'outcry'.

Respectfully,

Rook
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-11)
Stroup: Now that I've slapped their wrists, I have to say, I understand why certain posters were inclined to give the advice they did... You think the entity bothering you is a "demon", and you say a prayer to your guardian "angel"...You believe in "God", but not the words purportedly written in his name...Okay, to each his/her own...That's your business... My question is, what kind of advice are you seeking?...

There are numerous belief systems represented in our membership, so a solution shouldn't be hard to come by... If you (and we) know what you're asking for... Thank you 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-11)
It's pretty obvious this author doesn't want the type of advice he's been given thus far...So, I would appreciate it (and I'm pretty sure Stroup would also) if the religious discussion went bye-bye on this thread...Why, oh why, must I repeat this to the same people over and over and over and over again?...*sigh*: From the "Comments Guidelines":

"This site offers discussions on the topic of ghost experiences, with people coming from various cultures, so please avoid proselytizing or preaching, unless the author of a story specifically asks to receive feedback from that religious perspective. This site is not about religious beliefs, it is about actual personal paranormal experiences and exploring reality with an open and investigative mind so we can actually learn more about the paranormal, with the same empirical mind set that made science so successful in other fields. Religions have a lot of wisdom to offer in terms of personal spirituality, but they can also limit our knowledge of the world with old superstitions and unproven dogmas. It's fine to share what your religion has to offer as a possible explanation, but everyone has their own, they certainly don't come here to be converted, so please, don't push it on others as irrefutable fact."
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-01-11)
This experience sounds quite terrifying and I feel for you Stroup however I don't think you should come down so hard on Jitow. It seems to me that Jitow is trying to help. You seem to be quite set in your religious beliefs, as Jitow is however you are the one that has the demon "on your back". Maybe step back a bit and try to really listen to what Jitow is saying. With all due respect to you and best of luck.

Zeta.
Jitow (362 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-01-11)
You will not live forever, I hope you don't wait until then to see the Light. Whatever moron said Jesus was a demon is severely uneducated and just pure ignorant. I knew you had never read the Bible but I would caution you to never again blasheme the name of Jesus, I am just saying believe what you want. Hell will be bad enough but you sound like you want all the punishment you can get on earth. There are people that beg to die because of evil torment everyday and many go ahead and end it-they are not people that have a relationship with Christ, they are people that don't know him. Listen, it is your choice to be weird but don't throw your salvation out the window just to be strange, that is stupid. You don't like Christianity because it takes all the fun out of being weird. There is no mystery in the occult. We know where all this crap comes from. I hate to take the fun out of it for you but we know the outcome and your outcome if you do not change. You ain't on the winning side-yo.
Jitow (362 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-01-11)
I just told you the only thing that would end the sleep paralysis, I was not asking a question or wondering if it would work, nor was I askking anyone's. You can do it and have it stop or keep sliding, the choice is yours. What ever dolt mentioned Mary, you mentioned Mary. I am talking about Yaweh your creator and the way to Yaweh is through His Son Jesus. Never mentioned Mary wrong religion, yo.
dmcal (21 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-11)
Hello Stroup,

While I sympathize with your situation, please consider the following: What is the difference between the following two Scriptures?

"Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel." (Isa 7:14)

Compare to:

In the sixth month, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin's name was Mary. The angel went to her and said, "Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you." Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. But the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God. 31You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end."

"How will this be," Mary asked the angel, "since I am a virgin?"

The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.

The answer is, the first Scripture, which is a prophecy given by the prophet Isaiah, was spoken approximately 750 years prior to the second Scripture, which is the fulfillment of the first one.

These two are just two of many prophecies and their fulfillment regarding Jesus Christ written within the word of God, which are written to show the fulfillment of what was prophecied to show that God's word is the truth.

Most of the time people say "Scripture was written by man" because it gives them an excuse to continue in the sinful nature and to reject God's offer of salvatiion through Christ. Also, I'm bettin' that most of the people who make that statement have never really even bothered to read what God has to say. Regarding the authenticity of God's word, the Scriptures state the following:

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correction and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."
(2 Tim.3:16)

"Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophets own interpretation. For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit." (2 pet.1:20-21)

If you are truly experiencing these activities, then I know what you are dealing with, that being a demon or demon's. Also called fallen angels, unclean spirits and familiar spirits. It is only by the power of God and the name Jesus that has power over these entities.

Make no mistake, anyone who is experiencing any type of paranormal activity, it is being performed by demonic beings and that because according to God's word, he does not allow the spirit/soul of human beings to wander around after death. Only by the power and authority of God and by the name of Jesus is there power over these demonic beings and that because he created them. Originally they were holy angels, but Scripture tells us that a third of them rebelled with Lucifer (Now Satan) and they will one day be judged and thrown into the lake of fire (Hell). In the mean time they hate God and us and will do all that they can do to keep people from salvation through Christ.

I hope that you will reconsider.
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-11)
You know I believe there is no conpulshen in religion and that you can just talk directly to God for help you don't have to depend on a man ie: (Jesus Christ) may Gods peace be with him. You can do what you want mankind has free will. I have sense I was 8 always thought of God as my best friend not only my creator So I talk to him in a informal way because he knows me better than I know myself but that's me and how I feel about it. As far as your concern you could try talking to him, but I also feel you should research it knowledge is always important know all about your enemy but first and this is just my advise you can take it or leave it Know God your best friend first. I wish you the best my friend!
openbook (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-11)
Stroup not trying to make you mad but Jesus didn't just help those who would follow him. He ressurected the son of the roman general who was commander of his area. Because of this the general did not want to give the order to crucify him like the Jewish priests wanted. Instead he let the people of the town choose to let 1 man free. The people chose a murderer named Barabus to set free.

Don't worry about those people who have no idea what they are talking about. If you've seen a demon you would have to know there must be a god? He gave us all minds and free will to do what we want. The choice is yours what to believe. Personally I feel he is all powerful but does not interfere on this world where satan seems to have free reign here. It's confusing to me to try and understand him.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-11)
Stroup,

I agree there are individuals that tend to be a bit preechy when it comes to others experiences posted on this site. But you have stated something I have never heard before and I'd love to discuss it further... If you are willing to that is.

You stated it here, so here is where I will ask this question...

Jesus Christ was a Demon? That is a very intresting point of view and you stated this as the reason for your thoughts..."if YOU read the bible like you told me to, you would realize He was divider, not a uniter. Demons fight other demons, that's just how it is."

I find your statments...curious...to say the least... Would you please explain... Either here or please e-mail me via the address on my profile. Thanks in Advance.

Respectfully,

Rook
Stroup (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-11)
[at] Openbook
I may try to tell it to back off next time, being as I have been visited about 5 more times since I posted this story. I just never seem to get courage to even move when this happens. Although I will admit one of the times, I did yell in my head "GO AWAY!" and after about 5 seconds everything was back to "normal."

[at] Jitow
Thanks for you lovely comment, however I have to say a few things since you decided to be so demanding and rude. Sleep paralysis is real, yes, however I do not believe I have this because if you actually read my story instead of skimming it, you would notice the part when I mention how I was able to move. Now paralysis means you can't move. So explain that one. I do not believe Jesus to be a savor. Jesus himself was a demon, and if YOU read the bible like you told me to, you would realize He was divider, not a uniter. Demons fight other demons, that's just how it is. When Jesus "got rid" of other demons, I'm sure there had to be some kind of battle, he couldn't just say a few words and all of a sudden nothing is wrong; He only saves those who follow him? What kind of shiat is that! Now before anyone goes haywire... HEAR ME OUT... Any religion that FORCES you to believe in it to be saved or the penalty is eternal hatred, just sounds like a bunch of mumbo-jumbo to me. I understand you have you beliefs, and I don't want to upset you, but you need to start getting a few facts straight before believing a book that was written by MAN.

[at] Siri
Nice name BTW, reminds me of that iphone app hehe. Thanks for you wishes on my luck =)

❤ Stroup
Siri (18 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-10)
[at] Jitow,
Look. I do not want to sound condescending in any fashion, but doesn't this site discourage religious preaching? And if you are going to tell me that "Mary and the Lord Jesus Christ" are the only things that work, I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you. There are many first-hand accounts that resolve hauntings or paranormal activities using other religions as a basis. So please don't tell someone to "Go to church, read a bible." It doesn't matter so much what someone believes, just that they believe. (The argument can be made that feeling that there is a god backing them gives them the confidence they need to be firm and strong when dealing with these entities.)
[at] Stroup,
Very sorry for hijacking your page; I just get a little annoyed when people tote their religion as "THE ONE CURE FOR ALL EVIL. Oh, and evil = you." Hopefully other posters here will be able to offer more advice than I. Best wishes.
Jitow (362 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-01-10)
I feel for you my friend. You are definitely being deceived. You said earlier that you thought of any sins that you may have committed to open a door to this thing. You actually calling out to the lord of darkness could have opened the door all by itself, why did you do that, of all things you could have said. Slothfulness or being lazy is one of the seven deadly sins. If you lay on you as_ long enough the devil will send his minions for you because he knows you will be too lazy to seek God. If you do not know God through His Son Jesus, evil can come in anytime. The only reason it leaves when you demand is to make you think that you have some control. Eventually only the name of Jesus Christ will end it. In order to rid yourself completely, you need to ask Jesus to save you and invite His Holy Spirit to live in you. Peace will come quickly and He will never leave you or forsake you. Men only held the pen that wrote the Bible, Almighty God told them what to write. Don't you think He is powerful enough to keep men from polluting His Word. There is a demon or two of laziness as well as demons of drug addiction. I hope that you are not taking pain killers anymore. It is stealing your sleep to get you hooked. It only takes a week or two of taking a few opiate pain pills everyday to become hooked. When you stop taking them and it feels like you have the worst flu ever, that is withdrawal. Go to church, read the Bible. Next time you feel your ears tighten up scream Jesus rebuke you out loud or in your head and it will leave immediatley. Accept Jesus Christ as your Saviour and it will never ever come back. Go to www. Stopsleep paralysis.org and it will tewll you all you need to know about SP and the only cure for it. Don't take another pill, that is a main door for evil to come into your life. The restless leg and jolting is probably coming from the opiate pain pills.
openbook (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-09)
I have seen a blacker than blacker demon. I feel for you bro. I wrote my story as well looking for others who have seen these things. For me I used to believe only the times I was awake and saw things happen were real, and all the nightmares were just that a nightmare of the horrible experience. I had those dreams for almost 10 years. They finally stopped when I fought to wake from 1 when I was around 20. So angry by now I told it to stop, I am sick of this. I even threatened the demon with death if it showed itself again. The dreams stopped. It's been 15 years and it's never happened again. Good luck and I hope you rid yourself of this menace.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: