You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Visitor In The Basement

Real Ghost Stories

Visitor In The Basement

 

My Grandma used to be crazy obsessed with Geneology and family history. I remember in my Grandparents house growing up they had... As most basements go, a creepy basement. My Grandma had a room down there fully dedicated to family history. It was cram packed full of books, journals, piles and piles of old pictures and scrapbooking things. All the walls were almost completely covered with those old creepy black and white pictures of different families, you know the ones where none of them are smiling? Yeah creepy. It was also filled with pictures of my mom and her brothers and sisters growing up. Some of my Grandmas life as well. Going into that room alone always scared me. It was cold, and too quiet. I felt like all the people in those pictures were watching me.

This story I personally don't remember because I was so little... Maybe 3 years old. My whole family still talks about it though. One day my Grandma was baby-sitting me, I was downstairs in the basement playing with toys when I came up stairs and I told my Grandma that there was a lady down stairs who told me to go get my Grandma because she wanted to meet with her. I grabbed my Grandma's hand and led her down stairs to where I had seen this lady. She said that I led her into that family history room. When we got back there, the lady was gone. My Grandma asked me what she looked like, and I said that she was wearing a white dress, with black hair. She grabbed a picture she had on her desk and asked me if that was the lady I saw and I said yes. It was a picture of someone in our family who my Grandma was working on the family history for that day.

I don't remember this but like I said, my family still talks about it. My Grandma was not scared about it, but it creeped everybody else out. After that happened a lot of family was even more creeped out about going down in that room. It became a little family joke whenever anybody went downstairs to tell the lady in white hello.

Other hauntings by tayperk23

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tayperk23, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Argette (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-22)
Very interesting, and plausible. I hope the basement was dry or those valuable old documents and photos could be harmed.

I can see why you would be spoked by them, but you may someday find them as fascinating as your grandmother did.

Old black and white photos of unsmiling faces in black bombazine and white dimity have a way of scaring a child, I guess.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-22)
Great story. I really enjoyed it. By many accounts, it seems our departed loved ones may be closer than we realize.
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
HaHaHaHa, great story! I like what Rainlilly, had to say, about getting her history right. Seriously though, what ever happened to the basement and all those pictures? Did anyone else in your family take over the geneology trek? It seems strange, that people still care about their family history in the, "after life".
Thank you so much for sharing, ❤
RainLilly (36 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
It sounds like this lady wanted to be sure your grandmother got her history right lol. What a cool story, thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: