You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Red Rectangle

Real Ghost Stories

Red Rectangle

 

Twice in my life I have seen what can only be called a translucent red rectangle.

The first time, my Dad and I were in our barn having a huge argument. I don't remember what we were arguing about, but there were my Dad, a friend, and I. The friend was trying to calm us both down, but having no success. Dad was about as stubborn as I am, and we both have personalities that are very much "If I think I'm right and you're contradicting me, I'm proving I'm right." Usually, this worked to our advantage as we could explain our view to the other and be proven right or wrong. If we were angry though, all chaos broke loose.

All of a sudden, I got this urge to look towards the track in general, and the manure pile near where Dad buried the deceased horses and pets in specific, and saw a red rectangle "standing" there. I got the distinct feeling that it was angry at the two of us, and I quickly stopped arguing and made excuses to get to the house as fast as possible.

Years passed, and I didn't see the rectangle again and was starting to think it was just a trick of my anger. I went into my aunt's woods to calm down. It wasn't that I was angry, I was just having a bad day. I went in and closed my eyes, just imagining all the stress separating, and enjoying the woods and their sounds. I opened my eyes again much calmer, and listened as some animal or another walked past at a slight distance. A few seconds later, all the trees shook slightly without much of a breeze at all. I looked straight up at two trees in front of me, only to see the same rectangle as before happily bouncing between high branches of two trees side by side.

I've no clue if this is a ghost, or what it is, so I direct the question to you guys. What could this be? Why would it appear to me in two places many miles apart and in very different circumstances?

Other hauntings by teneki

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, teneki, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
It definitely could be a manifestation of your mind I know of some people who see shapes when they hear music (Nigel Kennedy the violinist for a famous example) yours could be in high emotion perhaps... 😉
musiclover22 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-30)
That was strange? When your mad you see a red rectangle looking angry at you, and when your happy it's also happy? It was as if your apart of it. Hhhhmmm... That story of yours is different compared to the others I read so far, but that's what makes it interesting right?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-30)
I think so. Makes perfect sense really. I like the way it manifested itself, both times. You can't appreciate one without the other. 😊
This is very cool teneki. One of my favorites now. 😉

Jav
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-30)
So, if I'm understanding what you're saying right, the actions of the rectangle would have been brought about by the reaction to the stress or anger? Essentially a mirror of my inner self so to speak?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-30)
teneki,
Kryodrache is onto something. Seeing red is a real possibility here. The intense anger exhibited by both of you was building. I'm wondering if that anger caused the phenomenon. It's a strange way to go about getting it out of your system, but I'm thinking it may just have happened that way. Sort of a defensive mechanism. Keep you from your anger. You said it yourself. You went out into the woods to calm down. To separate from your stress.
The first time it seemed angry. Well, you had kicked it out that time. The next time, you 'separated' from the stress. Calmly, quietly, successfully. So you got to see the "Happy Dance". 😁

I don't know if I am even on the right track, but I like the sound of it myself. ❤

Jav 😊
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-30)
Jav- I agree that the attitude seems to influence it somewhat. When I was calm, it seemed happier than when I was angry. The shape and such seemed about the same when taking into consideration it wasn't as close the second time as the first.

Hoochler- I'll do some research into thought forms, this is the first time I've heard that term before.
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-30)
Who knows for sure what the red rectangle is, but to me it sounds as if you were seeing a thought form, most likely of your own creation.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-30)
Oh yeah! Those spots and dots? They're called 'floaters'. Most people have them, some more than others. Lots of times it is the way the light hits your eyes. It refracts and things show up that wouldn't at other times.

Jav 😊
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-30)
teneki,
As soon as I realized this was yours, I high tailed it on over. This one is different alright. It appears as an object, it is animated and purposeful. In the first instance you say it seemed angry at both of you. That's interesting. Also, you mentioned the manure pile was near the place you buried your pets and horses that had passed on. And the rectangle showed up there. You have to wonder about that.
The next time was when you went out to separate from the stress you had built up from having a bad day. After you released the tension is when it showed up. Not before, after. Dancing from branch to branch between the two trees. I couldn't help but smile at that. It is pretty cool. I wonder if that dance meant something?
I've never heard anything like this before. It almost sounds like an aura with attitude. It got so ticked off it morphed. Or not... Could be it's natural state. But having tempers flare as they did between father and son? Maybe it was created by both of you that day...? More than anything, I believe the attitude is what's important here. But add that up with the color and shape? I'm stuck.
Tell me more. Did it's size differ from the first time you saw it? Maybe the lines that define it's shape became softer when you saw it the last time?
You know this will puzzle me until we find some resolution teneki.
😕

Jav 😊
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-28)
The first time, with my Dad, we had been doing some farm work. I can't remember what exactly, but it wasn't too strenuous, merely some form of tidying up of the land.

The second, I was just standing there. It's possible that my eyes moved, but it was distinctly from branch to branch rather than random movement.

I've had specks also, but they're always much smaller and black and white with me. This I'd wager would at least come to my knee.

As for shade, pretty much an average red.
Kryodrache (3 stories) (108 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-03-28)
That is very odd indeed, I don't think I've heard of anything like that. I don't suppose you had been staring at a screen for a while? When you're tired, you can sometimes see red, as well... Was it a very clear, sharply-edged image? Any detail upon it, or just that... A window of red? Was it a particular shade of red (Dark, light, bloodred), and was it almost a square rather than a rectangle? I'm curious to know exactly how it appeared! And to hear it bouncing around like that... Were your eyes moving at all, or were they locked? I've had random blots, like specks of dust on my eyes, that will 'escape' every time I try to see them:P

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: