You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Paranormal For Years

Real Ghost Stories

Paranormal For Years

 

My Daddy's death and the hooded figure - It was 1990 and I was living in a trailer. My parents were divorced and I was in the room where I could watch TV and do my homework at the same time. I was 17 that the time.

It was evening after supper. I was feeling something was not right but couldn't put my finger on what. I was feeling something like tapping on my right shoulder. I looked to my right and all I could see was the bed and window but nothing else was there so I just went back to my business. Suddenly, I heard my mom calling me and I looked to my left. She looked at me and said "come in the living area with me". I said "ok" but I noticed her face was red like she had been crying... Something was wrong I thought so I went and followed her and I saw my uncle sitting across from me and she looked at me and gave me the bad news that daddy had died. I got up quickly and began crying. I was angry. I found out he had a heart attack although he was very young.

One year later 1991 when I was 18, I lived in my own trailer next to mom's trailer. I was ready for bed and it was dark when I noticed that by my bed near my window, there was a dark figure. It had a robe on and a hood over the head-I don't know what, it just kind of gave me the chills and I covered myself until I fell asleep. I did try to tell mom but, like all parents, she didn't believe in these things.

I know I had a hard time believing what I had seen or felt but I am getting used to it.

Papaw is that you - September 7, 2004 I was thirty. I had just gone sleep that night so I Don't know if its dream that he visited me that night; just to talk and such. He is my mother's father who was a very strict and good man, also a very strong Christian and a very good husband to my mamaw and his children and grandchildren.

The next morning my mom woke me up with bad news and said something happened to papaw and started to cry. I didn't cry because I don't want to believe it; I get the feeling that he died in my dreams.

That September morning we had to get moving to go over to my mom's home town to go to my papaw's funeral. Yes I did start to cry to see him look like he was asleep in that coffin, that day very peacefully. What happened is that he died in his sleep on that morning my mamaw tried to wake him up, but couldn't. I guess it was his time for him to go home to go to be with his family before us. September 2009, we moved to the new house after 2005. I was going to take my nap and I sensed a strong odour like tobacco; and I was like hmm... I know that smell. I guess that my papaw visited me in new house, just like my daddy did the one with the smoking. My family doesn't use tobacco. Only him and his older son my uncle but he doesn't live with us he lives with his mom, my mamaw.

Was that My Step Uncle - This is a recent experience that happened to me.

This October I believe I saw my step father's late brother. It was 11 AM and my mother, step father and I were leaving to go get something to eat. I walked out of the house heading to the car when I saw a man who resembled my step uncle sitting in an old chair my step father had gotten from somewhere. He had white hair and he was very thin. I'm not sure why he decided to visit me. What do y'all think? Is it good or bad to see a relative and why did he want to show himself to me?

On Halloween I was taking pictures of myself in between trick'n' treating and on my camera was a white streak that looks like a person. My friend thinks it's an angel or it could be a ghost. I don't know how to share pictures on this site. Can someone tell me how to upload it so I can show it?

My Aunt's Experience - I see that you all read my three stories. Mother told me a story about my aunt who lives in an old house in New Orleans. My aunt was ready to go to bed this particular night. She was about to lay down when she noticed there was a shadow of the little boy. The little boy seemed lost and confused. My aunt was not afraid. He was just a little boy and wanted some attention. She let him be seen by her, she completely understood. She believed that he died in the house. She is comfortable and patient with this little shadow of the little boy.

My mother finally believed me about ghosts as she saw the picture of mytles plantations. I am glad she did and we are talking about it and she not afraid about it anymore. We enjoyed our time until she told me about my aunt's story.

I know it not a scary story, but nevertheless I hope you enjoyed this story.

The Governess Chloe was not there before I took the picture I know it is weird. But we did have fun there and enjoyed our trip there that Sunday morning.

The Myrtles Plantation - It was May 2009 this year and as a gift from mom as a get well since I was in the hospital, Mother and I went to The Myrtles Plantation. After we got there it was great and I took pictures. When we got there and got out of the car, to my left I thought I saw a shape of a person but it was not there when I turned around to look. We went on a tour after 10:00 am and took pictures outdoors and indoors.

The tour lady let me go first and I did because I had my walker with me. I entered the haunted house. Inside it was very beautiful and old, too. I noticed in the mirror was a hand and the tour lady said there's a face in the mirror. Creepy, huh? But nothing happened when I was there until I sat on my walker seat and something pulled the foot rest on the walker and I jumped out. Mother noticed and asked me what was wrong. I said nothing because she doesn't believe in ghosts.

I did take all kinds of pictures. Later on I got the film and noticed something. There was a slave inside. I could tell she had a wrap around her head and she was seated down in front of the house inside. My mother noticed and my ex-boyfriend noticed too. So did my stepfather. This is my first experience about that ghost since the hooded figure.

Thank You for reading...

Other hauntings by Ibelieveheshere

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ibelieveheshere, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
Oops! I meant to say it is driving ME nuts, not driving MY nuts. Because, as we all know, I don't have any! 😆 😆 😆

Jav
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
dreamergal,
I just have to ask this because it is driving my nuts. Most people who have to restart their accounts will still have their old stories follow them to their new alias. You should write to Martin about that. At least people would know who you are then, and these mistakes would never happen.
Wouldn't you want your stories that you wrote before to be on your profile page?

Jav
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-24)
I loved reading about your experiences. I always hear about spirits of slaves on plantations. When I was younger, my Grandma used to go to a church that was 200 years old. It even had the outhouses still there. I wasn't in tune with my spirit radar back then as I am now, but I knew something wasn't right natural about that church. Great story though, thank you for sharing
Ibelieveheshere (2 stories) (68 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-23)
Oh The reason I like that name Iblieveheshere cause it's my daddy, Sometimes I feel him even I know he Wait for My baby Girl she a cat by the way to come take her home with him.
Ibelieveheshere (2 stories) (68 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-23)
[at] Miracles51031 thanks and yes it's me Dreamergal72 it's been awhile being here try get story but since keep closed also been read some of ghost story still love to read ghost story.
[at] Javelina You are forgive don't ever give up at trying be patient and nice to any posters But nobody Perfect.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-04-23)
I apologize for hurting your feelings Dreamergal. Had I known it was you in the first place, I never would have pondered such a thing. And you will always see me as rude, so there really isn't much left to say about that. What you see as being rude on my part did not stop you from adding to the attack I was receiving before anyway. Rudeness goes both ways in that case. I refuse to coddle anyone simply because they are deaf, blind, or in a wheelchair. That would be dishonest. I have a thing about honesty in that regard and I won't compromise my own over it.
But there is something you may not know about me Dreamergal. On second thought, I take that back, I have told you in the past what it was. But let me assure you of one thing. You being deaf has nothing whatsoever to do with any of this. If you need proof of that, I will gladly supply it. In the meantime, I am sure you wouldn't want me to treat you any differently than I would treat anyone else here. So. I will just return to my research. The original reason for doing it may have been altered somewhat, but the questions I raised for starting it are still valid.
Thank you for sharing.

Jav
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-04-23)
dreamergal - I've been wondering if this was you ❤. Welcome back!
Ibelieveheshere (2 stories) (68 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-23)
I know some of You Kind of Rude as Jav Why don't you stop being rude to other Posters huh? I don't know why or What your problem I don't Rude to anybody/Posters like that I just keep to myself and I did get a help from my old who very good at writing cause I can't write good cause the ygs won't put up if I sent it so I try and get help from also I deaf here evening I am not a writer like some of you have a good writing and all that Experience is really true when that happen and I am not good at Spelling sorry for that. One things I use to be dreamergal72 cause Lost some e-mail and it was gone so that why I have to start over a new one here.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-23)
Miracles,

Actually, I had considered that (the O/P having gotten help writing the story) as an option before posting my previous response. So I went to the O/P's profile page first to see what was up. After reading through the comments there I was struck by the differences in speech and accent from one comment to the next.
I am researching this still. Comparing the patterns to others, along with comparisons to those I have actually spoken to by phone and conversed with online. Staying with ygs members, exclusively, so as not to muddy the waters with a bunch of "he said she said" should anyone have any questions about what I find. It makes it much simpler to give them something they can check on themselves.
Plus, I find it fascinating.

Jav 🤔
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-04-23)
Jav - sometimes a story is sent back because the grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc mistakes are too extensive for us to correct. Maybe the o/p had someone help with the story.

I've asked this same question before when I came across a similar situation. It made me a bit... Curious 😆
Chained_Flower (5 stories) (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-23)
Ummmm I can hardly understand your story but it does seem interesting. Try writing more clearly if you can, I would love to read and comment on a re-post of this.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-23)
Ibelieveheshere,
What I am having a hard time coming to terms with here, is your your inconsistency with the choice you have made for your manner of speech. I have had correspondence with people from around the world. I had four pen pals from four different countries as I was growing up. The thing I find interesting in comparison to those pen pals and the posters seen lately at ygs, is that I never really noticed the pen pals having written with an accent. It is one thing to speak with an accent, another to write with one.
When I read your story I was surprised it was written with such clarity, as compared to how you have spoken/written when making a comment on another posters experience.

EXAMPLE BELOW:

"Javelina, That real mean of you say such things to Poster if you don't stop act like that why be on yourghosties.com it's place that tell real ghost story and with open mind.
Acuteangles, Wow that scary expeience you had for months I am glad you move out of there and can't have a boyfriend who a cheat I don't like that but I understand about your private about show the Video of your expeience. Hope everything fine now."

I chose this comment for an example of how I normally see you write. Now that you have a story up, I must say, it is baffling. So I will reserve my comment on the story itself for a later date.

Jav
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-23)
That was a very interesting story I think its great you caught a ghost on camera proof of an after life!. I have some pics with an orb in them. My grown son who almost died from getting hit by a car in 04, well last yearI was visiting him and he ended up living near the hospital were he was born he said "Isn't that strange mom living over here near were I was born its like I came full circle". I took two pictures of him there was no orb in the first one but there was one in the second one taken right after the first. The pictures were taken right in front of the hospital were he was born taken under the train tresle the orb was just over his right shoulder. It is very exciting when these things happen but you have family members visiting you that must also be comforting for you as well. Thank you for sharing

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: