You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Paranormal Activity At A Poultry Farm

Real Ghost Stories

Paranormal Activity At A Poultry Farm

 

This story concerns my friend Hemant and goes back to those times when we had not met. At that time, he was newly married and very keen on having his own business rather than working for somebody else. Therefore he had tried his hand at several ventures such as opening a collection agency, running a poultry farm and so on. This story relates to the time when along with a friend Vinod, he opened and rather unsuccessfully, tried to run a poultry farm.

He had selected a medium size plot of land in a rural place a few kilometres away from Kalyan (a far-flung suburb of Mumbai) for this purpose. As per what he told me, running a poultry farm is a very delicate operation as the chickens need to be tended very carefully. They need to be fed and watered at regular intervals. The should not be given too much food (which will decrease the profit margin) and also given medicines to prevent infection and disease.

In short, this is a business for which experience is absolutely necessary and it takes some years to start getting returns on your investment. Also it would be foolish to entrust the work completely to servants as even the least amount of carelessness could prove to be fatal (for the poultry).

So Hemant decided to stay on the plot itself along with his wife (who was heavily pregnant at the time), though everybody cautioned them against it. It is said that places like poultry farms and slaughter houses attract many negative entities, so it is risky for a pregnant woman to live in such an environment. However Hemant's wife is the most plucky female I have ever seen and she would not leave her husband's side.

There were 3 or 4 villagers who Hemant had employed to help him in the running of the farm. Two of these were Muslims and it is believed that people from their particular caste are professional butchers and are very experienced in these matters.

Everything went smoothly for a couple of months, but then suddenly matters started getting out of hand. In spite of the best possible care being provided to the chickens, they started dying daily in large numbers. Hemant is a very hard-working person and he doubled his efforts to make sure that no stones were left unturned in caring for the poultry. They were being fed regularly, given medicines and kept in absolutely hygienic conditions, but the situation only got worse. More mysterious was the fact that the veterinarian himself was puzzled as to what was killing the birds.

Things deteriorated further when his wife started having delusions that some negative force was trying to harm her baby and would faint on several occasions. She is quite a tough woman and not somebody who would get scared or stressed easily. But due to these events, she agreed to leave the farm and stay with her in-laws until the baby was born.

Some people believe that spirits and ghosts get excited in the presence of pregnant women and teenagers, due to the hormonal imbalances in their bodies and their emotional turbulence, which the negative entities could use to their advantage. So Hemant believed that things would improve once his wife left the farm.

What happened was quite contrary to his expectations, as the situation escalated to a new level. Every evening after nightfall, stones would start raining on his house creating a huge racket. It was impossible to locate the source of the stones as they seemed to be coming from the sky. Huge number of villagers started turning up to help him and they would scour the near by bushes and trees to locate the origin of this mischief. They even got searchlights to probe the sky, but the stones seemed to be materializing from nowhere. The local police was informed, but even they were helpless against this supernatural phenomena.

What was the most amazing aspect was that the stones never touched anybody! Even if you stood in the middle of the hail of stones, they would fall all around you without hurting you.

Finally Hemant and his business partner decided to seek professional help. They had heard of a famous person in Dombivli, who could exorcise ghosts and spirits. He was a very benevolent person, who was keen on using his powers to help others and not for money.

Upon meeting Hemant and his friend and listening to their narrative, the exorcist immediately identified these events to be related to powerful black magic. He also identified the two Muslim employees as the possible mischief mongers, as it was a kind of black magic practiced by Muslim babas. At first the exorcist told Hemant that the evil entity, which was a demon, is too powerful and he (the exorcist) might not be able to counter it. He therefore advised Hemant to seek help elsewhere.

But when Hemant pleaded with the exorcist, he finally relented and asked Hemant to return the next day. The next day when Hemant and his friend went to his place, the exorcist gave them a pot which was painted black and covered with a red cloth. It was quiet heavy and he told them that it contained something which might possibly appease the evil spirit.

There is a river with a bridge over it, which one has to cross after leaving Kalyan and driving towards the poultry farm. No normal person goes to the river banks at night as it is said that black magic is practiced at this place. Vehicles plying on the bridge at night inexplicably break down and refuse to start.

The exorcist told Hemant and his friend to carry the pot to the river bank at night after 12 AM. They were supposed to break the pot on a large stone which was kept there for the purpose of breaking coconuts and then walk away quickly. At no cost, the exorcist warned them, should they turn and look back whatever be the temptation. Also do not run away from that place, but walk quickly with firm footsteps.

After his previous ghostly encounter (narrated in the story Ghostly forest apparition), Hemant was extremely scared, but he did not have any option. Accompanied with his friend they set out on their task the same night. Being situated in a remote part and surrounded on all sides by dense trees the atmosphere around the river banks was spooky enough to even melt the bravest heart. However they quickly located the stone and holding the pot high, Hemant smashed it. They had turned and walked a few feet when they heard shrill laughter from behind them and then the sound "shush-shush" as if somebody was calling them back.

Startled by this sound, Hemant was almost on the verge of turning around, but his friend Vinod firmly placed his hand on his shoulder and led him away. Reaching home they collapsed in their beds and did not wake up until late the next day. As they felt that they had followed the instructions of the exorcist strictly, all their problems would now be over. Happily they set out to meet the exorcist and thank him for his help.

However when they reached his house, they were astounded to see that it was silent and filled with a forbidding atmosphere. Normally it would bustle with human activity as a large number of visitors used to come and seek help from the renowned person. When they entered the house, they were met by his son, who told them that the great man had suffered a heart attack the previous night around 12. 30 AM and breathed his last shortly thereafter.

Hemant and his friend were shocked to hear this and they returned to the poultry farm to fire the two offending employees. However even after doing all this, they were never able to recover from the traumatic experiences and decided that it was best to close down the farm.

It is for you readers to decide whether the death of the exorcist was a coincidence... Or was the power of the evil entity simply too much for him? He was fully aware that he was dealing with a very powerful malevolent force, but was ready to take the risk to help my friend. Did he pay the price for taking on something that was much more powerful than him?

Other hauntings by discerninguser

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, discerninguser, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BelieverDude11 (7 posts)
 
1 year ago (2022-11-24)
[at] chingvang559, with due respect, I don't think anyone or demon is able to take "part of" or "entire soul" of a person. A soul is an entity, not a "quantity". What you are saying sounds like from a Western horror supernatural movie written to create great horror, terrible agony n sadness for the audience or reader who naturally will feel for a good soul. That is the purpose of horror fictional tales. Not factual but fictional to invoke sense of horror to sell tickets. Good can be defeated by stronger evil force. But not absorbed into evil n become evil. ❤
BelieverDude11 (7 posts)
 
1 year ago (2022-11-24)
Hello discerninguser. It is obvious to my humble opinion it was no coincidence that he died. He was a selfless soul... But overcome by an evil force more powerful than himself. Thanks for sharing your many interesting accounts. You write véry well in good faultless English. N I see you are a Man of much knowledge n wisdom.
discerninguser (6 stories) (82 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-16)
Hello Soul_Edge, thanks for reading my stories and sharing valuable feedback on them.

With regards to your question that why the entity would try to attack the exorcist, who was trying to appease it - it is quite likely that the pot contained offerings to another entity, which he tried to invoke, in the hope that it would counter the original evil entity and thus "appease" it by subduing it. Just a thought. And probably that didn't happen, so it stuck back at him. Or maybe, he did try to appease it, but it was so malevolent that it vented its fury on him for trying to interfere. Who knows how these things work?

With regards to Muslim Babas, what you said about them, applies to black magicians from every religion. Those who harness evil powers are considered to be operating outside the religion and are not considered to be part of the main stream. They are doing something which is frowned upon by mainstream society and harming others for personal reasons is not something that any religion would approve of.

However, the Jinn mythology is very prevalent in Islamic culture and there are said to be good as well as bad Jinns. There are some Muslims who make a strong case for summoning good jinns and using their help to lead a happy life. In the comments section of my other story (Encounter with Jinns), I have given the amal (procedure) for summoning jinns using Quranic verses. The writer of the website www.jinninislam.blogspot.in quotes from the Quran to validate seeking help from Jinns.

This kind of poltergeist activity (which my friend witnessed) is called as Bhanamati and the name is derived from the Urdu word "Bahana" (Reason) & it means events that have no reason or explanation.

We have something very similar to Jinns in South India, called Kutti Pisach (small devils) and they can also be captured and used for personal benefit, after entering into some kind of contract with them.
Soul_Edge (1 stories) (8 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-07-13)
discerninguser, interesting account of what happened. What you described could plausibly be from jinn activity and black magic, right down to the point where those who try to counteract their activities may face some repercussion for it.

Though where it doesn't add up (and this is not to say that I'm saying it's fake, just that you might not have all the details) is that the exorcist knew he couldn't counteract it but tried to appease the entity instead. So what I'm not understanding here is why would it attack him if he didn't try to neutralize the black magic itself. From your description he most likely tried to give it something in exchange for toning down its activities.

Just a few facts I wanted to point out about babas etc.
- what you describe concerning Muslim babas etc. Is something that within the Muslim community (at least those who are not totally ignorant of their religion) would be recognized as a magician.
- A magician, though he may have or have had a Muslim background, is considered outside the faith and the practice of black magic is strictly forbidden in Islam.
- Though people may end up going to these babas for different matters, whether to cure themselves of afflictions that are mystic in nature, for good luck or either to harm someone else, within the Muslim community they are largely seen as either frauds or wrongdoers, the difference being that the former falsely claims to be doing something mystical while the latter is understood to be doing it while still understood to be doing something wrong.
- Essentially I wanted to point out that while you may have people of Muslim background involved in these strange rituals, this is not something sanctioned or even allowed in Islam.
discerninguser (6 stories) (82 posts)
-3
7 years ago (2017-07-13)
moon-gang Ohhh boy, another but*-hurt religious nut-case, who got offended by so-called attack on his religion and holy book! You guys are so sensitive that you bump off people who draw cartoons of the prophet or mention the Satanic Verses.

Listen buddy, I know your Islam & Quran better than most of you people do. There are several Muslim Babas who do claim to solve every problem faced by their clients through the powerful Jinns who they have in their control (made subservient using black magic). If you want, I can tell you the exact amal (procedures) for summoning Jinns, using Surahs from the Quran.
discerninguser (6 stories) (82 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-13)
Anno_Domini Thank you for reading my accounts and complimenting on the way they are narrated. Regarding your suspicion that they are just "stories", please understand that none of these (except for Late Night Ordeal at Spooky Spot) are my personal experiences. I have made this very clear. I have just written down what was narrated to me by others. So there is a possibility that they were spinning a yarn.

Secondly, when I mentioned about the Babas, I was talking about Muslim mystics who use black magic and some of them even have evil Jinns under their control, who do their bidding. My friend did not approach such a person. He approached an exorcist, who you can say is kind of a yogi having achieved some spiritual powers through Yog Sadhana and prayers. Such a person uses his powers for positive things and does not hanker for money or fame. 😊 😊
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
+5
7 years ago (2017-07-03)
discerninguser, I must confess you have a way with words your stories are interesting to read. I have an issue though, I feel your stories are just that -- stories. In one of your replies, you also mentioned
"these babas... I have never been to one, nor know of anybody who has...", yet this story is supposedly of your friend who did exactly that! 😕
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
8 years ago (2016-02-23)
moon-gang - tread lightly. You can phrase your disbelief and whatever other emotion you are feeling without being rude.
moon-gang (1 stories) (9 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2016-02-23)
you've clearly never read the Quran and neither do you know much about Islam... You come off as quite ignorant... I suggest you do your research properly.
discerninguser (6 stories) (82 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-23)
paraba5183 Have you ever been to Kalyan? Then how do you know if what I have written about is true or not? Go to Kalyan and ask anybody about a place Dahagaon... When you go towards that village, you have to drive over this bridge which has a small river running under it...
paraba5183 (2 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-01-26)
It was made up story. Idont thing so kalyan hsving such natoris place. I found many of stories here are made up and not real. If its real any one can mentioned his name and place
Fariya (7 stories) (52 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-12)
I liked the story and I also believe it completely because I go kalyan everyday and I know the bridge you are talking about. The only thing I didn't like was the way you pointed out "Muslims" everywhere. People practicing such bad things doesnot belong to any religion. Because no religion ever allows you to do such bad things! Thank you for your story:)
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-20)
Hi, D:

Now, THAT is VERY creepy! I tend to agree that it was no coincidence.

Blessings,
Lynev
Singha2014 (1 stories) (28 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-28)
Yes the entity was very powerful and this carry death for him.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-20)
Dear discerninguser
An absolutely fantastic narrative. The more I read our stories the more I fall in love with your lucid storytelling.❤

Thanks
Regards
Agathangelos (1 stories) (6 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
[at] Darknesss: You said " There are Suras (chapters) in the Koran about how to accomplish this, but it is not for the faint of heart... "
This is absolutely wrong. There are no such procedures mentioned in the Quran. Yes the Holy Quran does acknowledge the existence of jinns but does not describe a process to enslave them.
discerninguser (6 stories) (82 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-11)
Fergie - Thanks for your comment... Believe it or not, I have read your account about the Gorilla about a month ago... I have read several stories on this site and your narrative was also one of those...

I reread it again, when you mentioned it... Poltergeist activites are chilling enough, but to have an actual physical entity materialise out of nowhere and harass you must be too scary for words!
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-11)
Discerninguser, I have read your account, and followed the posts with interest. I have little knowlege with Black Magic, but know that it is rife in South Africa. As you stated, numerous adverts for 'Spells' are posted here too; even amoungst the posts here on YGS. Things like "Take your husband back", or for work, money etc. Followed by an e-mail address & phone number.
If you wish, you can check out my post, called "A Gorilla?" to see what I witnessed, as a result of Black Magic.
Your posts make for interesting reading ~ though chilling! Very well written, thank you.
discerninguser (6 stories) (82 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-11)
Javelina - Thanks for the thumbs up and a very interesting and new perspective on the entire episode...lol...what you say could be very true, though it seems like a hell of a coincidence! Like I said in one of my earlier narratives, such incidents are never blatantly supernatural, there is always a little wriggle-room so that the debate between skeptics and superstitious can continue...

It is also possible that the exorcist knew that he was up against a very powerful evil force, but did not anticipate any harm to his own life... Maybe he misjudged the situation and thought that failure to remove the curse would be the worst thing that could happen... Point to be noted is that he tried to appease the demon and not fight against it... Maybe he did not expect such a ferocious retaliation... Or maybe he was attacked in his sleep, when his defenses were down and he was most vulnerable.

There are all kinds of possibilities in such cases... I think that is what makes them so fascinating and horrifying...

Have already submitted my next experience, just waiting for it to be up...😊
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-10)
discerninguser,
Another wonderful narrative I see. I thoroughly enjoyed the reading, very interesting, and a mystery as well.
Myself? I don't follow the normal path, of course you are aware of this already, so I'll render my opinion as to the fate of the old man. I don't believe he lost his soul to the Black Arts, that's for sure. A man of his experience and knowledge? Not a chance. If he was all that others reported him to be, he would not have done anything that would cost him his soul. Surely he protected himself from those who would try to do him harm. And I highly doubt he would give up his life and eternal soul for a bunch of chickens and a chicken farmer he had just recently met. I also don't go along with the idea that because he was a kind man, he would be vulnerable to the whims and curses that any practitioners of the Black Arts would use in an attempt to harm him. I believe good triumphs over evil in such situations. Not because of any divine assistance either. The ones that have fought that evil many times in their lives have a certain confidence about them. They are optimistic about the outcome.
I believe his son told it as it really was, he had a heart attack that he could not recover from. I don't see it as a coincidence either. It was simply his time, that's all. And though it does add more mystery to the narrative, I don't see someone with his knowledge making a decision to help your friend, only to die in the doing of it.
But it was certainly another well written narrative, and I am looking forward to what you have in store for us next. 😊

Jav
discerninguser (6 stories) (82 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-10)
DARKNESS - Yes it is true that such babas put up their advertisement stickers on local trains and other places where people commonly gather and wait... Like the walls of a bus stop or train station. Who knows how many of them are fake and how many have genuine powers! Only a desperate or naive person would approach such characters.

There are plenty of such advertisement stickers everywhere here in Mumbai, advertising everything from language training courses, educational certificates to other products and services. These are put up by people who cannot or do not want to advertise in other popular media like television, newspapers etc (maybe due to the cost factor). The municipal authorities try their best to stop this but they are not successful.

Hemant & his friend went to a gentleman who was well renowned for his spiritual powers, which he used freely for the benefit of other people. Unlike in Christianity where there are church-sanctioned exorcists, we do not have such a practice in Hinduism. Exorcism and other such practices are carried out by free lancers and they normally do not go after money or fame. They become popular through word-of-mouth publicity.

Adsouza - I totally agree with you that such evil practices are not limited to any faith or religion. Even in Hinduism and Christianity we have people who obtain powers through evil practices and use it to satisfy their own lust (for money, power, sex etc).

SnoWQueeN - The term tantrik is basically used for Hindu mystics and in Islam they are generally called babas. However these terms are very broad and can be used freely. For example Sai Baba was a legendary holy man and a saint, who was spiritually very powerful and he used his gifts to help a large number of people. Both Hindus & Muslims used to (and still do) worship him and he is one of the most revered saints in India.

Nikky, the kind of attire that you have specified, I think has been made popular by portrayal of Indian mystics in western media and I am yet to see people wearing skull chains. However I am a city boy and I might be wrong. Orange coloured robes are generally worn by Hindu godmen, though priests in Hindu temples wear not robes, but white or saffron coloured dhotis (a sarong like garment worn by men around waist) and cover their upper bodies with another piece of cloth called a angavastram.

Generally muslim babas wear black robes and cover their heads with black scarf, but that does not necessarily make them evil or corrupt. Some hindus, who worship the mountain God Ayyappa wear only black clothes (not robes, but shirts, trousers or lungis) and go barefoot everywhere for a whole month as a part of their religious practice.

I hope I have answered all your questions satisfactorily. Please feel free to ask if any of you have any more doubts.
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
Wow...The bridge part is scary. Feel sorry for baba though. I have a question I am asking b'coz bit confused now.

Aren't Tantriks are Hindu? I mean the one wearing orange colour gown like thing with long hairs? And the other with black gown like, head covered with black scarf and wearing small skull chains (I don't know what its called)?

~Nikky
adsouza (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
Black magic has nothing to do with faith and religion in almost all cases. Unfortunately, it is one sect that gets 'bracketed'.
In India, regions like West Bengal, Rajasthan, Karnataka, Kerela, rural Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and Orissa are known for the black arts. These practitioners do not belong to any faith in particular and use their knowledge to gain control over the masses. More often than not, it is a psychological game that is played.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
discerninguser: Thank you for sharing that break down with me, I am familiar with the basic principles of this type of magic it is mainly the ethics and indepth details I am unfamiliar with, I also did'nt know that they advertise this sort of thing so freely and publically!

So have I got it correctly, what your saying is that your friend Hemant and his friend, went to see one of these exorcists to remove whatever was put there possibly buy a Muslim tantrik?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Dan
discerninguser (6 stories) (82 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
DARKNESS - what I have mentioned here is black magic, which is practiced usually by Muslim tantriks, though some others practice it as well... It means invoking negative entities such as evil spirits, demons etc to do some kind of work or another... There are large number of such black magic practitioners who even advertise about their ability to help solve people's problems (making somebody fall in love with you, getting promoted in your work, getting revenge on somebody etc), for a hefty fee of course... It is quite common in India and you can see such advertisements stickers on local trains, buses, subways etc.

Muslims believe in the concept of Jinns, which are powerful supernatural entities and there are good as well as bad jinns... Some highly accomplished babas are able to enslave one (or more) of these jinns, who then do their bidding. But it is very dangerous, more than having a dangerous animal for a pet... You cannot afford to lose control even for a second. There are Suras (chapters) in the Koran about how to accomplish this, but it is not for the faint of heart... Because the negative forces will try their best to scare you and if you get frightened and leave the procedure uncompleted, you could go mad or die... Therefore only very brave and accomplished men attempt this.

Of course not everybody goes to such muslim tantriks to resolve their problems... It is akin to selling your soul to the devil... But still many desperate people with nothing to lose do approach them... So these babas have a flourishing trade... I have never been to one, nor know of anybody who has, so I do not know how many of them are fake and if genuine, how effective their practices are...

Hope you found this interesting as well!
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
discerninguser: Thank you for sharing this account with us, as Miracles mentioned it is well told I also enjoyed reading this.
For whatever this was to kill the exorcist I find that a bit out there, but I am not familiar with the type of magic or religion ect involved with your story so I will sit on the fence regarding his death. I am sorry for his passing though! Thank you for sharing.

Dan
discerninguser (6 stories) (82 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
chingvang559 - thanks for your comment... Yes that is exactly what I think happened!
Miracles51031 - thanks for the compliment... I know exactly what you are talking about... This story of mine got rejected twice as apparently the website administrators thought that it is a fictional story... But I persisted and finally it has seen the light of the day...lol
I believe that even the most fascinating incident if told in a mediocre manner will come across as dull and boring. Hence I try to make it interesting for readers.
Nemaa - thank you for your comment.
nemaa (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
Story is very interesting and am sorry about baba's death who tried to help your freind.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-06)
discerninguser - I have enjoyed reading each of your stories because you tell them with great style. That's not exactly how I want to phrase it, but I don't want anyone to misunderstand and think I don't believe your stories, or think you have embellished them in any way. Because I don't. You just have a style of writing that I enjoy.

I don't believe in coincidences. Unfortunately, I believe the exorcist knew what was going to happen if he helped Hemant. Being the kind man he was, he was willing to pay the price. It's sad, though, that in the end his death was for nothing.

My personal opinion here is because there wasn't a mean or selfish bone in the exorcist's body, he was no match for the evil entity.
chingvang559 (42 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-06)
Interesting story. I think he gave up a part of his soul to help them out but the demon was to powerful and took his entire soul

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: