You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Yet Another Bad Memory At Nana's

Real Ghost Stories

Yet Another Bad Memory At Nana's

 

This incident happened when I was 12. As previously stated, my Poppa passed away many years ago, so my brother and myself used to sometimes spend the weekend at my Nana's as she really enjoyed the company and we used to get away with heaps more at Nana's.

Anyway, Nana had a really long hallway with 3 bedrooms, a bathroom and a toilet which all came off it. In the lounge room sitting opposite the hallway entrance was a really old desk. It had been bought at an auction in the 50's and stayed with Nana since. Apparently it came from England shortly after the convicts arrived. So in other words really really old. I've attached a link of one that looks similar just so you have a good idea: http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4703540_f260.jpg

Anyway, I went through this phase around this time where, whenever I would go to the toilet, I would leave the door open. It used to drive my family nuts. Now that I think about it, it would drive me nuts too.

So one day I had to go to the toilet. Nana and Josh had ducked down to the shop, so I was all alone. I grabbed my book and off I went. I was sitting there reading when I heard a "clip clop" of shoes on the tiles in the hallway. I yelled out to see who was there, but no answered. I just dismissed it and went back to it.

Then about 30 seconds later I heard it again only closer, and that is when I saw him. It was a little boy he was about 5 or 6. He was dressed as though he was in the 1800's with the stockings and little black shoes. He had his head down (the way kids look when they are kicking a stone on the ground), although this child looked sad. His hands were behind his back and he took no notice of me whatsoever. But the weird thing about all of this was that he was black and white, how he would look if he was on TV.

I was too frightened to move or speak, then he must have heard Blue bark because he faded away. I ran out of the toilet and sat in the front yard until Nana and Josh got back.

I'm unsure why he showed himself to me. I think it is sad enough when you see a ghost of an old lady who has lived a full life but to see a little kid and to think he never got to experience what life has to offer. It really stuck with me.

Thanks for reading, guys. Thoughts would be appreciated.

Also, The reason I mentioned the desk was because of his clothes and the time I just assumed that he was from that era. Also, Nana had modern furniture except for this desk.

Other hauntings by AussieChick95

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AussieChick95, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

meganpixiejan (5 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-07-01)
My meme has a desk exactly like that one (I think she got rid of it tho) and whenever I'll go somewhere in the house alone, I'll run whenever I get ready to leave that part of the house
Dududancewithu (12 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-08-21)
Why did you not help him? If you ever see him again at least try to help him move on every one would appreciate that
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-08-20)
poor boy. Hopefully if you ever see him again you can help him move on. Thanks for sharing.
And I guess you didn't have to crap your pants due to fear as you were already =)
Benny_Lundon (2 stories) (33 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-08-19)
I tend to agree with many of the other posters in that this seems residual, still, enough to put the wind up you. 😁

Regards; Benny.
AussieChick95 (10 stories) (40 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-08-18)
Hey Guys Thanks for commenting

-BattleScars, This was the first and the last time that I ever saw the little boy thankfully as it really frightened me.

LilyPieLindsay- I wish these were the only ones I've had I experience these things often and would like nothing more than to get rid of it, I'm too much of a scardy cat for this. Yes I was in a very vulnerable position!:)

Vonboeckmann- Thank-you very much, as it has been a number of years now I can see the funny parts of the story. I can tell you If I wasn't planning on doing a number 2 I sure as hell did one once I saw him!

BadJuuJuu- I'm glad you told me that I have always felt deep sadness for this little boy as I thought that he had died at that age. I'm unsure why he was black and white as well, He wasn't solid either I could just see through him so maybe he was running out of Juice...

Swimsinfire- Yes I believe BadJuuJuu hit it on the head, Nothing happened after this the desk in currently in storage as she is traveling around Australia.
😁 😁
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-18)
On the can! It can only happen that way! Did anything happen after that? I think Bad Juu Juu's got the right, be cool to check out the history of the desk wouldn't it. Thankyou, cool post.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
11 years ago (2013-08-17)
AussieChick, I am digging your stories.
And with that, it's crackpot theory time! Ok, since it doesn't seem like he acknowledged you in any way, a residual presence seems possible. Residuals can attach to anything, so if his clothes matched the era of the desk, it seems perfectly plausible that the desk is what his energy was attached to. The cool thing (to me, anyway) about residual haunts is that they are not real ghosts, no awareness, no intelligence, it's just a replay of past events. Living people can create residual haunts, there was a residual of me in our old house and I'm very much alive and kicking. Residuals form from something often repeated, or from something highly emotional. He seemed sad when you saw him, so I would guess his emotion just latched onto something in his environment (the desk?)
He may have just been having a rotten day, and was sad because of that, and he could have lived to be 90. Residuals just capture a little snapshot of a person's life, so I wouldn't feel too sad at the idea he didn't live a full life- he probably did, and you just saw a little piece of a bad day.
Why would he appear black and white? Well, all things, even residual haunts, eventually wear out. Sometimes a residual stops abruptly, sometimes it gradually wears itself out. My opinion is that he appeared in black and white because that energy was wearing itself out. It was probably almost worn out completely by the time you encountered it.
Very cool, very eerie experience.
Vonboeckmann (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-08-17)
Hi.I must say you were in the right place for a "scare and when you were looking for a little "girl time to concentrate privately. Black and white? I will be interested as to what others thoughts are. I think you are right it may be something connected with the antique desk. I enjoy your Aussie sense of humour to distract from the most serious. Cheers J ❤
LillyPieLindsay (35 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-08-17)
Wow, quite interesting! You didn't mention if these are the only paranormal experience you've had or if you see things often. (they would refer to this as being a sensitive) what struck me about this story was that it took place while in the bathroom (very vulnerable position!) and in the middle of the day. (no chance of it being a dream or anything of the sort, unless you fell asleep on the loo! Anyway, thank you for sharing!
BattleScars (3 stories) (44 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-08-17)
Did you only see the boy at the time, or does the boy appear every now and then?

-- BattleScars

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: