You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Man In The Doorway

Real Ghost Stories

The Man In The Doorway

 

One day I was at my father's house (which is creepy as hell). And it was in the summer (last summer to be right) around 6:00 at night, it was still light out but the sun was setting. My dad had just got done with laundry and he told me to get up stairs and put my clothes away. He went up to do the same (at least I thought he was). I was going very slow at putting my clothes away (if I got done fast he would give me more chores to do). I thought I heard him walking up the stairs, he walks very slow (because he had nerve damage and it was painful for him to go fast). So I assumed it was him.

I was standing in front of my dresser looking away from the door. I remember turning around and seeing someone or something which sent me into shock. I turned and saw a around 8 foot tall, see through figure of a man in complete black seemed colonial, and he had no face. He was stand looking straight forward out of my older sister's bedroom (Note: she doesn't live at home anymore. Her bedroom is right next to my room, her doorway is in complete view of my bedroom).

I was just standing there in shock and I must have seen it move or I just got the courage to sprint as fast as I could past it. When I got down stairs I just sat down and was still for a while. My dad asked me why I jumped halfway down the stairs (he apparently hadn't even been upstairs yet) and I told him about it and he acted like it was a normal thing!

I have looked in the mirror and seen it behind me or seen it standing in my dad's or sister's old room. My mom said when she lived there she would always see people in the hallway. I have got my dad talking about the previous owners of the house and he said everyone who has lived in the house has gotten a divorce. He also said the crawlspace under the house stop construction and was incomplete by the first owner who dumped tons of money to make the house.

Other hauntings by SILENCEDxHELL

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SILENCEDxHELL, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SILENCEDxHELL (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-01)
x77
I forgot to mention that my parents are divorced. My mom divorced my dad a few months after he got his injury. (after she cheated on him)
x77 (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-01)
"everyone who has lived in the house has gotten a divorce"

So... How about your Dad and Mom feeling?
themiss (16 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
Good story. FYI everyone making a big deal out of the ghost being 8 foot tall, take it easy. The writer said "around" 8 feet.
bereal25 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
Very creepy story. That place sounds like it has a lot of unfinished business with the previous deceased owners. Look into the history of the house and surrounding property. I'm sure you'll find something
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
Not sure what is more disturbing... An eight foot ghost (FYI...standard ceilings are 7 feet 8 inches high), or a kid dragging a-- when their handicapped father needs help around the house.

Lou
Andrea22 (5 stories) (65 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
Huh?Ok that's obviously really weird. I can imagine the ghost of a person would be there... Or some kind of spirit. But eight feet tall? Lol who is eight feet tall? Makes me wonder if this was something else. Whatever you could call it...angel,demon,...something like that.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
SILENCEDxHELL - I think some of out2getu's comments need to be overlooked. Seriously.
SILENCEDxHELL (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
out2getu
I didn't mean he actually dumped money into the house, he spent a lot of money on the house. Didn't know if you were joking or not.
out2getu (14 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
take the money no jokes creepy story though xxx

From out2getu xxx 😨 😲 ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: