You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Bed

Real Ghost Stories

The Bed

 

It was a few years back when I decided I needed time away from home and needed to visit some friends. I was 17 at that time and just needed a break. First I visited a friend in Krugersdorp and from there visited a friend in Fourways in Johannesburg.

Let me first explain what the premises looked like. It looked like a farm where they built houses on and it felt like you were on a safari if you go there. You have to follow a very long road before you can actually see all the houses!

So when I arrived my friend Rudi showed me to my room. On the wall there was a portrait of a man sitting with one hand on his cheek, but there were no skin on his hand. His hair looked dirty and oily, BUT THE EYES scared me! If I looked at the eyes of this man on the portrait, it felt like it was changing colours, yellow, orange, red... And watching me! So I kindly asked Rudi to please either remove this portrait from the room, or turn it so it can face the wall. The minute he turned the portrait, I felt at ease.

A few nights after that, Rudi went to bed early and I was laying on the couch watching TV. The next moment Rudi called out to me in a very serious note, asking me where I was. So, confused, I told him I was watching TV. His response was that I please get to bed immediately. I found it very strange, but nevertheless went to my room. The next minute he called me again asking me where I was, on which I replied "in bed." He then forced me to go and sleep with him in his bed. Okay, I was now really confused and didn't understand what was going on. So, as I lay down next to him, I couldn't sleep. He didn't speak to me, all was quiet. The next I know is someone running over the bed. I was freaked out and asked him what it was, his response if I felt it! When I insisted that he tell me what was going on, he said that he will tell me the following day. He went out to his 4x4 to collect a tent, which we slept in for the rest of the night.

The following morning I had to help him load the mattress onto the bakkie. Then he told me this story. They were a few friends who used to live in a house many years back. And so one of his friends were murdered in this house, in the same bed! And when Rudi moved out, they gave him the bed. So the spirit of his friend that was murdered moved wherever the bed was. Rudi took the bed to a friends that morning, only to receive a call the following week to go back and collect the bed to burn it.

I have never in my life experienced anything like that before, and now to believe in the paranormal.

Thank you for taking the time to read my story. Please feel free if you want to comment. I am new to this site.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TJS, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-10)
But wait... Was it the bed frame or the mattress? I guess that would make a difference. LOL! My bad.

~LSD~

P.S.
But I don't think these questions will be answered.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-07)
Thanks for the heads-up DARKNESS, I was just about to ask a question; seeing that this account may have happened about 12km from where I live. 😕
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-06)
TJS: I have just realised you will not be participating in answering questions for all of us here, I was going to ask my own. Just a heads up for everyone else here! 😊

Dan
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-06)
Even if the person wasn't murdered the bed would be stained with bodily fluids from the person dying in it. Is my point. & yes I, too am wondering about the painting.

~LSD~
MoonFall (1 stories) (48 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-06)
Regarding the murder... I suppose it would depend on how the person was murdered.

I am wondering if there is more to the portrait as well.?

The story is very creepy. I think I would have freaked. I agree with the comment that that bed should have been burned a long time ago.

Spirits who die like that often hang around in denial or trying to hang on as they feel it was unfair as it was not their time to go. How sad life can be taken in such a cruel way.
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-06)
Yeah, that bed should have been thrown away after the murder happen. I don't understand why their giving this bed to friends. What kind of friend is that, "Oh, I got this bed for you bro. Just flip it over, it's not too much blood on that side."
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-06)
Sorry, I should rephrase that. When somebody DIES they lose their bladder & bowel. So, this is why I'm finding it hard to believe that some one doid IN the bed. Spirits can attach them selves to inanimate objects, for sure. But... Yeah. 🤔

~LSD~
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-06)
How was his friend murdered in the bed? Usually when someone is murdered on a piece of furniture it is soiled from excrement, urine & sometimes blood depending on how the person died. So not always blood, but ALWAYS excrement & urine. I think your friend might have been pulling your leg about the bed. I don't doubt that the painting creeped you out or that you guys felt something run across the bed. But as far as a murder in the bed? I just don't feel right about that. Bless you & yours. Much Love.

~LSD~
MarieDRose (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-06)
The thing about the portrait is kind of weird and is there more to that. Bu the whole haunted bed thing is not all that unbelieveible. Spirits can attach themselves to objects.
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-06)
Hi TJS, sorry but I'm a bit confused here. What is the story behind the strange portrait, and why would Rudi 'demand' you to sleep with him in a haunted bed if instead he could have joint you next to the couch by making a bed on the floor? Or did he want answers for he's own questions about the haunted bed. What happened with the bed on the end? Did he burn it? Thanks for sharing. It would be nice if you share the missing pieces about the portrait and what happened with the bed. Trix.

😉
x77 (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-06)
Excuse me
Because English is my second language, Maybe I misunderstand your meaning.

According to your story, your friend had known that the bed was haunted.
But he still let you sleep on that bed.
Why?
TheFatalSoul (5 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-05)
Wow...that is incredible! The one thing that confuses me is... Why did you feel so uneasy with the portrait?

I liked your story, please keep us updated with anything else!

Respectfully,
Hannah

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: