Some stories I've been reading here lately remind me of an incident experienced by my sister Marie* back when we were kids. There were various factors present that made it difficult then (and now) to figure out exactly what happened, and I wonder if you YGS kids want to give it a shot.
Marie was about 15; I was 13. One evening, she burst into my bedroom, hysterical. She dragged me back to her room, crying the entire time that she had been visited by a demon, and that it had broken her friend's radio, and that she wanted me to see the damage so as to corroborate her story.
Which was: that she had been sitting up in bed, reading. Across the room from her bed, she detected a tapping noise on the wall. The tapping moved around the wall, turning two corners before beginning on the wall against which the head of her bed lie. It came progressively closer until it tapped Marie on the head twice. She immediately leapt from the bed to the center of the room and tracked the taps until they finished at their original starting point.
Immediately following this, she claims that her friend's radio was picked up and smashed against the floor by an invisible force. She then ran to my room and grabbed me to check out the mess.
Previously, the radio had been perched atop two upside-down milk crates that were stacked, one atop the other, and pushed against the wall beside Marie's bed. This make-shift table had a height of maybe 2 feet.
The radio was now smashed to bits on the floor before the milk crates. The crates themselves were disturbed: the bottom crate was pushed forward from the wall, and the top crate had partially fallen back to rest at an angle against the wall.
I thought 3 things at the time:
1. The radio was too badly smashed to have simply fallen from a height of 2 feet.
2. The way the disturbed crates lay suggested that a strong force pushed the bottom one out from the wall hard enough to cause the top one to fall back - physically impossible.
3. The way the crates were disturbed belied my sister's report that the radio rose up and was subsequently smashed - she had been facing the opposite wall, following the tapping when this happened, so that would explain her missing details.
Fun facts about Marie at that time in her life:
1. She had been flunking out of school, attending classes maybe once a week.
2. When not at school, she was with her boyfriend, Tom*, an older boy who was a self-professed Satanist.
3. Marie had told me that Tom had told her that he would direct a demon to watch over her, to make sure she didn't cheat on him, etc.
4. At this time, Marie had been bulimic for about a year.
5. Marie was a habitual marijuana user.
Marie thought that the tapping was from Tom's demon; I thought it might have been a poltergeist or that she was nuts, based on her history. Her friend Judy*, to whom the radio belonged, didn't care either way - she just wanted her radio replaced.
As of today, when all the stories here bring this incident to mind again, I still can't figure it all out. Marie did and still does have too much weird around her for me to be objective - but she's my sister, you know?
So, I'd love to hear your opinions. Do feel free to ask about any more information I can provide re: the incident or the people involved.