You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Man In A Black Cloak

Real Ghost Stories

The Man In A Black Cloak

 

I have had many experiences with many different encounters, like my first story of the Black Wolf. This one is about a man in a black cloak. I am confused on why I see him and why I feel as if he knows me some how. I hope someone can tell me why.

The first time I saw him that I can remember was back in late 2008. I was living in a trailer in Jacksonville, North Carolina. I was in my living room and I saw something move in my bedroom down the hall. I started to go down my hallway and stop. I saw a man standing at my closet. I went to yell, "Who are you?", and he disappeared.

Later the same week I was in bed, at the time my fiancee was working third shift at a prison so I was home alone with my children, I felt someone touch my feet. I woke up thinking it was one of my daughters. I opened my eyes and the same man in a cloak was standing at the foot of my bed, I jumped and he vanished.

The next time I saw him was early 2009. I had moved out of the trailer and moved in with my younger sister and my dad.

One night I woke to see a figure standing at my door. I was laying on my left side half on my fiancee. I jumped a little but he did not wake up. I looked at him and back to the figure. The figure came closer and he put his hand out to me. I don't know why but I reached for him. I grabbed his hand and he bent closer to me and said, "Don't worry I'm here and I love you." Then he slowly backed away and then he was gone.

The next time I saw him was in January 2011. We moved to Pennsylvania. To the house from my first story on N. Newberry St in York.

It was late at night and we were all in bed. I woke up to see the figure, the man in the back cloak, standing at my dresser. He reached for me and I took his hand. He didn't say anything just backed away and disappeared.

Later on I saw him again, same situation as the last time, all of us in bed sleeping. I woke up because I felt the bed move; I thought my fiancee was moving in his sleep. I woke up to move so he could get comfortable, but when I opened my eyes the man in the black cloak was standing above me straddling me. I looked up and he bent down and took my hand in his and said, "Don't worry. We will be together soon." That scared me, I tried to pull my hand back and for the first time I felt afraid of him. My fiancee sat up awake and he disappeared. My fiancee had had a dream of a man in black taking me away from him. I was scared so I told him what I had seen. We talked a bit. Then we fell back to sleep.

I am not sure what to do or even think. I was never scared of the man before I always felt safe when I touched him but that night I was scared. Something had changed I don't know what. I have seen him since but he has never touched me again he always just looks at me but he follows me everywhere I go. I can feel him. What should I do?

Other hauntings by MidnightDarkstar

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MidnightDarkstar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Babalawoodemata (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-18)
Now if he's threatening then he's not but if he's protecting people on some stories then it could be and the other tribe that you speak of its called the Congo wich is another religion that's called paleros wich ihave in my blood because my father is a palero sorry if did not explain clearly but that's the truth and you can't be a Babalawo nor do the ceremony with out knowing the secrets story's and other things because the older babalawos and orula wich hes the highest and it charge of babalawos could only permit you if you have the path knowledge and you have to study for years so sorry if you didn't understand but you should of asked questions before judging
Babalawoodemata (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-18)
Trust meknow how is spelled the computer did auto correction left it like that and when it come to egguns know all about it believe me tried to brake it down to a small explanation the saint orun is the one that controls all of egguns the tribe chief that's name eggungun can be seen cando anything because he's a socially reflecting on the family members come on Me Babalawo in this religion there's many things you will not understand there's 2045 to 4000 story's the man in the black cloak can be anything didn't say it he was eggungun himself am goin by what people are saying
Isolde (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-17)
Just wondering: seeing the post from Babalawoodemata: how long can a post get?
There is a minimum of 50 signs, but is there a maximum?
goldduster (55 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-17)
babalawoodemata you should of did more research on the Yoruba religion before you claimed to be part of it because it is nothing like you claim and the eegun you said controls all the other spirits is spelled egun and that is a tribe that border the Yoruba's land
Babalawoodemata (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-17)
Always have your home bright colors flowers everywhere if you don't then your welcoming the spirits especially when you come from the streets do self cleaning almost every 2weeks and when you clean your home get rag and put 1800 cologne or holy water on it and wipe the wAlls mirrors and always have a glass cup of water under your bed that way you can sleep with peace and all the bad goes to that.
Babalawoodemata (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-17)
If you want all the activity and emotions to stop around you guys before you shower get white flowers and only put the petals in the bucket put honey holy water 1800cologne and cascarilla youcan get on a botanica only also find the plant that's called espanta Muerto in the botanica mix it al up get cup pour it down your neck below not from the top of your head make sure you have enough for three day cleaning its ok if you can't find the plant mix like that too.
Babalawoodemata (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-17)
Rook believe me when tell you that this religion it was revealed through out the world do too this religion All the answers are here this is the only religion which all the events that you have no idea happen is the same religion in all the world is just people change the way things are done named and how it's suppose to be but is lived as the real thing am Cuban born there my ancestors are African was born psychic median and have encounter worser things than you see on tv you probably along with everyone here die of heart attack instant this is no joke well trust me everything and all the secrets of the spiritual world is in this religion we deal and mess with the elements of earth have entities that tell me everything that's why there secrets of earth there is ghosts in the world think about wats around you or the things that you don't know and can't see everyone is not believer or they take they understand what they want but trust me Man yoU have no idea in what world your in.
Babalawoodemata (guest)
-1
11 years ago (2013-04-17)
Sometimes you guys have to be careful because there are spirits out there that could like or chase you become obssesed with you their dark and will not stop until they cause death to be with them read my big comment for help.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-17)
Babalawoodemata,

Ummmm Rolando... While offering your opinion or aid is welcomed on this site advertisements of the sort you have posted are not.

Either read each experience and offer your opinion and advice on each one or 'go away'.

As far as this comment of yours...

"...am someone very high leveled in the spiritual world if you guys need any help with your life email me got the answers for everything in the spiritual world..."

I HIGHLY DOUBT you have the answers for EVERYTHING in the Spiritual World... No one does.

Rook
Babalawoodemata (guest)
-1
11 years ago (2013-04-17)
Hi guys my name is rolando To anyone. That's concerned about their spiritual lifeguard path was to be Babalawo also median in the Yoruba religion look it up if you don't know what that means am someone very high leveled in the spiritual world if you guys need any help with your life email me got the answers for everything in the spiritual world and can help you get your life better and control your spiritual side if there's anything that's bothering you or has been with you for a long time can help you make it go away instantly there's many things you guys may not know about the spiritual world and am here to help you can trust me with anything and talk to me and has for the man in the black cloak don't worry he is. Whats called eegun in the spiritual world he's powerful entity that can do anything And also it can help you achieve anything in life or have anything you want the trick is what your supposed to do to make him protect you better and for him not to bother or freak you out if you can handle fine but there's people that can't well eegun like it was said is part of entity created through your passed away ancestors even from many decades what you don't know is that you really all surrounded by thousands of your ancestors so the eggun is sent to to control all of them it's how he's created if you want to know or if this doesn't make sense can be explain better but there's is many secrets in this life that can't put out there just like that also. Want to make it. Clear that this is not demonic or none of that stuff this religion was created by god along with the saints and egguns entities to keep the balance of life good and bad so has It was said do you ever feel like depressed or angry or so many things happen in your life's wonder why and sometimes it does not have an explanation well here it goes everything around you as your ancestors surround you as well other bad demonic or. Negative spirits there everywhere so when your depressed or angry or any emotions can't explain why is because how your ancestors feel around you will affect you and. Sometimes when bad try's to hurt you in the streets or wherever it may be they try to help its like an army that you have but you can't control they will defend you but also being around you so much it can get you very overwhelmed if they get sad or you do something bad It Will make yousad just like everything you do it affects them so it's always best to be very careful in what you do because where also born with a guardian Angel and they each have abilities they will help you as they can also punish you as you do anything bad to someone or your bad person they will make things happen in your life until You Fall in the path they want you too if your good person and you do bad stuff it depends on what you do also depends on the punishment but that's why also eggun is sent because he can control them his real name is orun now also if you have family members or ancestors that have died violent death or bad death they are dark spirits they could cause destruction in your life all bad things can happen they would always block your doors they will cause bad stuff then have the good side of your. Ancestors that it creates the balance good and bad everyone of them fighting around you can cause emotions that you wouldn't understand so how do You Control all stuff unable to find someone that's has the power of Babalawo like. Me to help you receive things that are saints readings cleanings strong stuff that are secrets and your not suppose to know only if you get into this religion so meanwhile can help you by giving you advice to help those ancestors that are dark and for your guardian angel to make him stronger for safety and for him to be able to open doors in your life you get a white cloth you get a white plate White candle you will need a tobacco or cigarette also little cup with coffee and white alcohol what they love Is aguardiente but you can put beer or any strong liquor white flowers and big cup of water you put the candle in front of the plate put the cup of water coffee tobacco the liquor in the plate how ever you want to set it up as longest is inside the plate except the flower get base with water and set it next to the plate you turn the white candle you pray to your guardian angel ask for health peace purity in life to keep you safe anything you want and then you can do the same as in apart another set candle flowers and xoxo for any family member that died violent death this will also help them control themselves and become good if you have any special family member you can do the same you can pray and that way they climb higher and higher until they go through their doorway that's why sometimes things can happen in your life because they want your attention and need help so you do this things as to help them you also can put any food you eat or what ever you want to put there offerings food anything since you don't know what the name of your guardian angel is just refer to just your guardian angel you have to go to Babalawo you also have to do ceremony to your guardian angel name and no is not your ancestor the guardians are the Orishas the saints who are 7of them your ancestors are part of eegun a they help you as well but the saints are powerful they abilities to resolve anything in your life and to protect you every time you do something bad they can refuse to help you always keep them happy by being good respect don't ever laugh at homeless nor sick people always give and be very open minded because you do the opposite let's just say the punishment can be as in your looking at very big building and it was created wrong and it falls on you that's what your life will be or they can can make anything happen until they see you learned from the hits of life and lessons well also go to spiritual botanica get what's called cascarilla it looks like chalk but its not,,,,, (its created by spiritual ingredients it will clean any vibes and it clean your house by spreading everywhere and especially on you rub your selfs in your neck arms down to your feet two times its very powerful you will feel better and happier get 1800 cologne it's clear plastic bottle it will say colonia 1800 that's very strong to clean yourself And your home there's many other ways to do cleanings with several herbs and plants but It cannot be revealed unless your interested in this or you take it serious and have faith is everything if you guys have any questions or you help help you can email me at stangboy78 [at] hotmail,com and we will get in contact by phone to guide you and you live in Miami key west or Orlando can come to your home and help you do cleanings teach you about this culture and can do readings for you to control your spiritual side believe when tell you that have seen things that are impossible in the spiritual world but its real if your being tormented or damaged emotionally or physical contact me believe me when tell you that an opportunity like this will never happen to you again unless you get to know this culture well guys hope answered many questions you had or if you learned just the first page of the thousand of pages there' is to the spiritual world lol Ashe to my ochossi I've abbilona my guardian.
monae89 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-11)
I've been experiencing the same thing... He told me his name and he visited me a couple of times
JoB (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-19)
(forgive the english errors)
Finally! I searched so many places for a story with this character... I experienced something similar and I had never met anyone who had this experience too.

I moved with my family to a farm a month before completing 12 years. There I had deja vus, repeated dreams, images that appeared when I closed my eyes to sleep and only disappeared when I turned on the light, objects moving with nobody's help...

After a while, the man in the black coat appeared. I was sleeping, then I woke up and saw a man standing in the right corner of the room watching me. He had a long black coat, long black hair and pale skin. He was standing with his hands in front of him (as if holding a cane, you know). By the time I got scared, pulled the covers over my head (I was 12) and slept. The next morning I asked my brothers if someone had come into my room, they said no.

A few days later I woke up again in the middle of the night feeling a presence near my head on my right side. Then I saw him standing there, watching me. But I felt it was okay, I felt protected. Then I slept again.

Many years later (about 10) I moved again to another city, and I felt him around again, when I was almost hit by a speeding bus. Someone pulled my right shoulder back, forcing me to take a step back. This time the bus came out of nowhere and went through right where I was. I was wondering what had happened because I was lonely and felt a hand squeezing my shoulder! I had several strange experiences that season (I always easier to see shadows) including my brother said he saw the same man in the black coat (which I assume was something like my guardian angel =P).

I moved again, this time to live alone. And then he appeared again. I was having problems with a shadow that was haunting my little sister whenever she would visit me. I was trying to expel him but without effect, was just leaving him angry. He even hurt my brother. I was feeling very ill. Then one night, crying and unable to sleep, I prayed for help. I reached right out of bed and felt someone grabbed my hand, making me feel so calm and I could go back to sleep. I knew it was my "angel", even without seeing it. But since then did not see him 😕
ArriannaSharde (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-10-18)
Yes, definitely. I just need to find the time to write one, and make sure it makes sense.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-10-18)
ArriannaSharde - thank you for answering my question. You speak of experience. Is this something you are going to share with us as a story of your own? Shapeshifters are something that I always like to learn more about.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-18)
ArriannaSharde,

I do not know if you saw my question for you... So here's a link. Here's hoping you'll respond.

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=5020

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

Respectfully,

Rook
ArriannaSharde (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-17)
From the explanation, and from experience, that is what I am guessing they are. A vast amount of beings that are strong enough to form like this are shapeshifters. Especially darker spirits. They may always take the same form, but at that level of strength, they would be able to take the form of what ever they see fit. If they wish to terrify you, they could take form of your fear. If they wish to communicate with you, they may take form of something that you feel safe around.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-10-17)
ArriannaSharde - your explanation intrigues me: "they are shapeshifters." Would you care to explain further how you arrived at that conclusion? I realize you mentioned her black wolf experience, but was there more to it than that?

As I said, it intrigues me. It as a very matter-of-fact statement.
ArriannaSharde (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-17)
Hmm...I have had a similar figure follow/watch me. They are shapeshifters. Could very likely be connected to your black wolf, if not the very same. Keep in mind, that there could be a lot of spirits from your PAST that are still spirits and have not yet been reborn. Perhaps that is what he meant when he said 'we'll be together soon'. There is very little known about the paranormal, so it is very hard to say what exactly is going on in this situation.

Good luck with this as well,
Arrianna
MidnightDarkstar (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-23)
Aishling, yes he feels solid like I'm touching another person. And I never thought about asking him again who he is.
Aishling (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-08)
Wow that's a pretty creepy stalker type ghost you got there! When you take his hand does he feel solid like a normal person? Have you ever asked him who he was except for that first time?
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
I agree with moravian and jrrob. These entities and spirits approach those that they can perceive have little spiritual strength or experience to harass, disturb them. Keep an open bible by your bed, at least, and begin to study spiritual things with a view to knowing the truth.
MidnightDarkstar (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
Thank you all for your advice and concern. I will do the cleansing on the house and myself. I will post back to let everyone know if it goes well. Thank you all again.
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-23)
Wow! I can certainly understand your concern! My advice is to seek out a relationship with Jesus Christ and then ask Him to watch over you. He has authority over all spirits.
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-23)
Ok my bad I should have read my post more carefully he wants to Akers her? Even I have no idea what THAT means! He wants to TAKE her is what I meant to say! Sorry folks it's been a long day 😆
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-23)
Wow...at first when I read your story I thought awww that's nice she's got a family member who's loves her and is watching over her... Then I thought aaaargh that's freaking scary he wants to Akers her!...I am no expert on such things but it is likely a dark spirit is trying to frighten you (so it can get stronger by feeding off your fear)...

[at] Geetha and Rook
Re-personal cleansing... A good way to achieve this is a chakra cleanse this involves visualisation and meditation and then a shield of white light cocooning the whole body (like a glowing aura)... I don't want to influence your personal way as its different for everyone but there's lots of info online on how to do it!...Rook your cleansing method reminds me of the chakra cleanse method and protection shield I learned to do while studying reflexology... That was a personal cleanse and it is very effective just like your house cleanse
😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-22)
geetha,

You ask an interesting question of me...

Two answers for you:

1st: If one focuses on themselves, Sits and meditates, say in a park. In the open and under the sun and releases all negative energy and thoughts... The same as 'sweeping' them out of ones house... And then visualizes the positive energy of the sun filling them, helping to push out all the 'negative junk' and then pictures that same 'light' forming a shield around them then... Yes it's possible to cleans oneself, I explained a 'shield' on another experience recently, this is what I 'said'... (Part of my recipe actually)

"Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.) "

Or even more recently I expanded on the above...

"Find a nice quiet room in your home, a place you feel safe in. Sit down and clear your mind. Then picture a white light that begins inside your chest... This white light can push away bad, negative things... Nothing 'evil' can get past it. (Say a Prayer to the god (God) or Deities or your choice to 'empower' this light) Picture this light expanding from your chest... Picture it surrounding you... Picture it shielding you from all harm from 'unseen' beings. If 'picturing' a light does not work for you visualize yourself putting on a suit of armor (for you Christian types see yourself putting on the Armor of God)."

That's one way... The other I know of is...

2nd: (The 'Religious' side of me has to say this...) BAPTISM... Christian Based Faith's (including mine) teach that this is 'cleansing ritual' as it washes away your sins (negative energy).

If you Believe in Heavenly Father, but do not belong to any organized Church then refer to method 1 and say a prayer (s) as you go through the steps.

So the simple answer is YES a person can cleans themselves... 😁

Respectfully,

Rook
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-22)
Rook,

Although I agree that cleansing your place of residence is a good idea, in this case, the original poster mentioned that it was following her everywhere she went. Can the cleanse be done on an individual as well as place of residence?

MidnightDarkstar,

The question I ask Rook is out of curiosity sake but I have come to trust Rook's cleansing method and it would be great to do on the house and if Rook says yes it could be done on individuals that I suggest you do that also. In the meantime, I suggest you read from a holy book from the faith you practice (if any) and mediate.

Good luck, God Bless, and keep us updated.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-22)
MidnightDarkstar,

Without more 'details' it's hard to say just what you may be experiencing. It could be 'nightmares' based on 'stress' or possibly a 'spirit' trying to scare you...

Either way this may help...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please keep us posted.

Respectfully,

Rook
jrrobe8a (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
I'm not trying to scare you. But it sounds like it could be a demon spirit by the name incubus. Incubus and Succubus are demonic spirits that come to harass and do sexual things to people at night. In Africa they are called the Night Husband/Wife. Check out this website it can give you more info. I pray for your deliverance in Jesus Name because demons & angels are very real. And I hope you find peace. God Bless! Http://www.issacharministry.org.au/peters-blog/incubus-and-succubus-night-demons/
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
This sounds scary and disturbing. It could, of course, be a recurring dream or nightmare, but if you do not believe that is the case, I suggest you seek help from a reputable medium or paranormal investigator, who may be able to help you figure this out. And it can't hurt to seek medical help at least to rule out the possibility of a sleep disorder. Waking to find him on top of you is certainly reminiscent of sleep paralysis, although you do not describe the typical symptoms of that disorder. I wish I could be of more help.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: