You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: That Mysterious Lady

Real Ghost Stories

That Mysterious Lady

 

That terrible experience that I gained before years when I was 18 years old only and I went to visit Purulia District (a district of West Bengal) with my college friends.

We had booked a forest bungalow from Calcutta, but when we reached at Purulia Station then it was evening. We hired a Tata Sumo car to reach at our forest bungalow. But driver told us that the road, through which we have to go, was not good at all, especially in night. We asked him it's real cause, but he didn't say anything and after requesting repeatedly, he agreed at last. To convince him we offered him double charge, also.

The road was really not good, no electric lamppost here and there, it was too dark and we could see nobody here and there. One time it seemed to us that about 1 hour over, but why we still couldn't reach at our destination? We asked our driver about that and he also became very confused and told us surprisingly that he knew the road well but probably he made mistake the right direction in dark. Meanwhile, we also had become very worry that the place was really unknown to us and it's not safe for us such to stay at night outside.

Just at that critical moment we saw a lady, who was not so far from our car, walking along through the dark road. We thought that the lady was probably a local inhabitant. We couldn't see the lady's face, because she had been covered her face by her white cloth and we could see only her back. We called out loudly "Hey Madam, can you tell us which was the right way to go to forest bungalow, please?" At that the lady stopped her walking, but didn't look at us, nor replied anything. We thought that she couldn't hear our question. So we again asked her same, after a while she just extended her right hand silently, to the right side of the jungle.

We thanked her and driver changed the way to the right side of the jungle. At that time our one friend suddenly shouted out--"Look, look, see the lady!" We all looked back and saw that that mysterious lady had been drifting in the air, about 3 to 4 feet above the ground. Seeing this, we shouted out loudly and the driver had driven the car at high speed, as he could.

When we reached at bungalow at last and told about scary experience, the maids and hotel boys told us that the road was really haunted and no one had been walked through that road at night. Because many rural maids had been murdered there while returning home from their workplace. So ladies of their village, even men, never had been walk through the road at night.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rajyasreedey, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ygs_sayan (guest)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-14)
I'm from Jalpaiguri... Good to hear your story bhai... It's like rEal spOoKy...:o
rajyasreedey (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-15)
Dear Dey, it was almost a village road, of which both sides you can see only jungle, we could see everything by the headlight of the car.
Wyvern77 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-28)
I guess you're Bengali with a surname 'Dey' because even my surname is 'Dey'. Nice to see a bengali person. Story ta khub bhalo, purulia'r thik kun road, amake bolte parbe? Ami paranormal er bishoy 'e khub curious, shob shomoy emon spooky jagah visit korte bhalo pai. Anyways, awesome story.
Regards.
Christine_Pandora (1 stories) (80 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-02)
Sceptic-Ari - in no way did I mean to be disrespectful I was just curious as English is my only language and I haven't traveled so i'm not extremely educated about other places and how they are similar or differ from my own country.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-22)
Dear rajyasreedey,
Thank you for the detailed information you provided. I will get back to you if I need more help. 😊
Bhaalo thakben...❤

Thanks
Regards
rajyasreedey (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-20)
That location was just near Ayodhya Hill. You can get Rupasi Bangla Train from Calcutta and from purulia station you can hire a car to go to forest, via sirkabad. We had visited there 5-6 years ago and that place is more developed now. Purulia is one of the beautiful tourist spots in West Bengal and there are various deep forests, springs, waterfalls amidst the hill. But be aware that the place is famous for maoists.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-20)
[at] rajyasreedey: Where in Purulia is this Forest Bungalow?
What do I say if I have to go there from Purulia Junction?

Please provide details so that I may experience it 1st hand as I live pretty close to Purulia...

Very nice narrative... Hair raising I say.😨

Thanks
Regards
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-20)
[at] Christine_Pandora: By 'anti-social' she means muggers or criminals I methinks.
And there is one other kind too... Maoist Terrorists

Please be lenient as English is not her native language.

Thanks
Regards
Christine_Pandora (1 stories) (80 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-19)
What do you mean by an 'anti-social'?
Sorry is it like a tribe that lives there and still lives from what they catch and build themselves?
Or an animal?
n_ishwarya (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-18)
machi I also belong to india ihand same experiances to man. Dont wory be happy 😆 😆 😊
southerntk (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-18)
I like your story because it shows that you can actually communicate with spirits like this. She helped you out by showing you the right direction to go. You probably shocked her too because she didn't expect you to speak to her. You probably wouldn't have either had you noticed she wasn't walking as normal. Your lack of fear due to ignorance of the situation paid off and you probably really shocked her as well. Who knows, she may actually try communicating with someone else now.
rajyasreedey (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-17)
as we heard from rural inhabitions that maids, who had been murdered by anti socials, while returning home from workplace, their spirits had been moved there, so, none of the people of the area, never had been walk through that road, at night.
vstoljockey (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-17)
chilly experince
Be happy you have experince it
Jo kismet ma hota ha vhe hota hai
Thax it help u.not hurt you
joshuakeys (7 stories) (45 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-16)
Its a spooky experience. Did she try to hurt you all? Murdered by who? Yup research has to be done.

Thanks for sharing
MoonFall (1 stories) (48 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-16)
Yes, I'll agree that she was helpful! However, that is creepy! Thanks for sharing. I also agree that perhaps more investigation should be done, but if individuals have been murdered, I'd say that's a bit risky.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-16)
Wow! I must say that at least this spirit was helpful. Have there been any documented pictures that you know about from this area? Sounds like a very active area and there should be some research done.

Thanks, zeta.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: