You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Letter To My Dad On His Birthday

Real Ghost Stories

Letter To My Dad On His Birthday

 

Today is the 4th of March 2013, and the day my father would have turned 65 - being born in 1948.

Although this is a very sad day for me - he died in June 1999 - I need to share some of my memories of him.

He was always young at heart, always ready to pull a prank on people, whether it was his kids, brothers, sisters, etc.

He always loved to play in the yard with us kids, having bought us all waterguns and us chasing each other around the yard, getting sopping wet and having fun.

Today especially I feel him around me. As if to say, don't worry my child, I am always there when you need me.

This morning my son looked up behind me and said "oupa" (grandpa) and smiled. I believe that children, being young and innocent without any preconceived notion of how the world works and what actually exists are more open to experiences than adults, and with time and age they outgrow this gift.

I know my dad is with me, comforting me, but sometimes I feel like I need more, which in itself is very selfish of me. He didn't decide when his end came, and I don't have any grudge feelings toward any higher power or against him because his time came too soon.

Letter to my Dad:

Daddy, I love you, and know that you know what is going on in my life, and will always be there when I need you. Thank you for all those times you have made your presence known to me, and for standing by me when I needed you most.

Thank you for being there for my son, your only grandson and making your presence known to him. Thank you for comforting me when I needed it the most.

I love you, Dad. And always feel you in times of great stress or sadness. And know always that love transcends death.

Thank you for being here today, and letting me know that I am loved and cherished.

Your loving Daughter

Other hauntings by Adb0423

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Adb0423, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Adb0423 (4 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-08)
Dear sds

Thank you for your kind words. My dad has always been with me, and one of the biggest regrets I have is that my dad is not here to see his only grandchild grow up, and it has been very comforting to have confirmation that my dad has made himself known and seen to my son. Although at the beginning when all this started with my son I did not understand, and got a little angry, because I was under the impression that my son was speaking of his living grandfather.

If not for my boyfriend with his extraordinary gift/curse (depending on how you look at it) I still would not understand.

My boyfriend and son have been my life savers.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-08)
Hi Adb0423, nice narration and thanks for sharing. The love and affection of parents can be manifested even after their years of passing on. It is quite nice that your father made his presence known not only to you but also to you kid. Great love and affection.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Adb0423 (4 stories) (7 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-08)
Triden07:

You and one other friend knew my dad. And the love shared between the two of us.

Yes, I believe you are correct and it has something to do with the fact that I am pregnant again and his presence is with me most of the time.

It just goes to show, no matter how much time passes after the death of a loved parent, the love between us never dies, and neither does the protective instincts we as parents have.
Adb0423 (4 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-08)
Thank You everyone for your understanding and support.

I know this site is not one to share personal letters to lost loved ones.

Argette: I am blessed to have this protective presence in my life. And will always love him.

MoonFall: My boyfriend actually opened me up to my son seeing his grandfather, and I am very glad that my dad is watching over us.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-08)
Oh, I might add, I said that thought out loud before I typed it, and then Charlie was touching my hair.

I wonder if its confirmation...
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-08)
Adb0423
Hallo my dear friend. To our YGS friends, this is my oldest friend in the world. We have known each other for 20 years, becoming friends in the 2nd grade. I was fortunate enough to know how much you loved your dad, and in essence, how much he loved you.

And since my birthday party last Saturday (2 March), when you and your great boyfriend were there, and you mentioned to me that he had seen your dad at the party as well, I have been wondering something.

Since K sees his oupa regularly, and your dad seems to be very focussed on you lately, don't you guys think it could have something to do with the new baby on the way? Like he's telling you he's watching over your family?
MoonFall (1 stories) (48 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-07)
Thank you for sharing and thanks to the Mods for allowing such a beautiful story to be submitted and published on to the site.

My mother tells me after my grandfather died, I would claim to see him. I was too young to realize what death truly was. I don't remember seeing him. I only have one vague memory of him. But I don't doubt her story. She said it used to freak her out. I agree that children have gifts when they're little, but they're told as they grow older these things don't exist so they believe their adult parents, relatives, teachers, etc. Not everyone loses the gift, but many do.

Again, thank you for sharing your story. Or rather... Your personal letter. ❤
Argette (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-07)
Thank you for sharing that, Abd0423. It is a loving tribute to your father, who will be with you always. I have heard other stories of a loving and protective paternal or maternal presence, so I know it happens. You are blessed.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: