You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Father's Reassurance

Real Ghost Stories

A Father's Reassurance

 

Good day. This happened to me in April 2012. I had just broken up with my boyfriend end of Feb 2012 and had moved out of our shared house we lived in with my mother. As breakups went this was not the best, because the reason we had broken up is he had started getting violent towards me, shoving me around and throwing me against doors and walls. My mom had been living with us since June 2011 because she had a stroke and we were caring for her. We have a son together born in Feb 2011 on Valentines day.

That is just a little history on how chaotic my life was at that time. Everything was going wrong, I felt like a bad mother and daughter. It took me very low in my life, to the point of me contemplating suicide.

Well, one day in April 2012 I had gotten up in time to finish getting ready for work. I got ready and for some reason laid back down on my bed. I fell asleep and started having a dream, a very disturbing dream.

My dream started where I was informed that my son had been in a serious accident and had died, nobody knows where he is, all we know is he was in an accident. As the dream progressed we got the information on where he was located and my one friend rushed me there. The moment I got there I ran to my son, and everyone just started getting in my way trying to stop me - all the living people in my dream - when I eventually broke away from them and ran to where my son was, I saw him at age 8 or 9 on a bicycle at the back of a car when a the car backed into him, the driver had not seen him. He was still alive and no one had called for an ambulance or paramedics etc. I am screaming my lungs out, and searching for a cell phone while everyone is still pulling me away telling me that my son is dead. Now for all the parents out there, this is a harrowing experience.

All of a sudden my dad appeared in my dream, my dad who had died in 1999, hugging me, reassuring me. Telling me that everything is going to be okay. Just putting his arms around me and keeping me still until I calmed down. And kept on telling me: "Everything is going to be okay". This feeling of calm came over me.

I woke up crying full of emotion and not really comprehending what had just happened. After I calmed down a little bit I started analyzing everything, thinking about the whole experience, although the whole dream was emotional and very disturbing to me, I started to focus on my father's words to me. And just had that same calm feeling.

At the end I felt that he came to me in a dream using any tools at his discretion to contact me to tell me that my life will come RIGHT. Using my dream was just one way of contacting me to let me know he is there and will always be watching over me and my family.

And after this dream, well life did not become any easier for that first couple of months, but some unexpected surprises came a little later. My life turned around for the best, I have a new man now, who has given me a great gift (but that is another story), and given me a new reason to live. Life isn't easier, but it is certainly a lot better!

Thank you for reading.

Adb0423

Other hauntings by Adb0423

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Adb0423, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Isolde (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-08)
Hi,
First of all: good for you that you removed that boyfriend out of your life. No woman (or man for that matter) should accept being abused.

As far as your dream: stressful time, and a message, a clear reminder that the most important thing in your life are your children, your son (not the boyfriends) and it was the dream that reminded you that losing a child is far far worse than the loss of a lover (and especially a mean one). And the reason for you to life is your child. It was maybe your dad who wanted to make that clear in that dream.
Well, that's just the feeling I get.

Isolde
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-07)
Hi Adb0423, nice narration and thanks for sharing. Yes, dream is one of the ways to get the message from the other side. Perhaps your father must have come in your dream to assure you that all is going to be alright and well. As far as the accident part of your son is concerned, well, I will tell you in our Indian culture, dreams about seeing the near and dear dying are considered as good omen and those persons, who are seen in the dream as dead would have healthy and long life.

That apart, I probably feel that after the break-up with your ex, you must have had in your subconscious mind about your and your son's future that might have come as a dream. I also feel that for giving assurance, you dad must have come in your dream. I am happy that your life started looking a lot better.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Adb0423 (4 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-07)
Thank you, yes I believe that he used my dream to get the message across.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-06)
I love this story and I have no doubt that your dad came to you in a dream. I have had many experiences with a loved one through dream. I believe that sometimes that is the "easiest" way for a loved one to get a message across. Your dad was telling you how important it is for you to be here not only for you but for your son. I think you have figured that out. I am happy that things are better for you now and I am glad you got out of that abusive relationship!

Good luck, zeta.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: