You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Childhood Imaginary Friends

Real Ghost Stories

My Childhood Imaginary Friends

 

When I was a young child (about 4 years old), I had 2 imaginary friends named Cap and Key. I only saw and played with them when I visited my grandmother's house in Attleboro, MA.

It wasn't until I was older when my grandmother told me that I would often get into trouble and blame my friend Key. I would tell her that Cap was good and his brother Key was bad. She also told me that my father and uncles would encounter 2 brothers when they were kids as well. I thought it was interesting so I researched the house and land. The house is built on top of an old swamp and had a gully next to it.

A few years before my grandparents bought the house a car crashed into the gully. There were 2 young boys in the car. The names weren't mentioned, but I am positive that they were the friends I had as a child.

There are also many, many other strange stories I heard from both grandparents and all my aunts, uncles and dad about that house. It was built in the colonial days.

To this day, I am 27 now I still get the feeling of not being alone in that house. And sometimes I can even say that I felt the presence of children. My mother wrote it off as just a child with a vivid imagination, but my grandmother always thought I was playing with the two boys from the car crash. She would often tell me not to go down into the gully, but I always felt something pulling me towards it. Now, as an adult, I go down there all the time to think or just to clean it up (its along Rt. 1 so there's a lot of trash down there.

I never experienced Cap or Key anywhere else besides my grandparents house. And I haven't had any interaction with them in almost 20 years.

Other hauntings by theshedcrew

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Rhode Island

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, theshedcrew, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-07-05)
Because I was reading comments on this story, due to a new story submitted by theshedcrew, I wanted to confirm something.

Theshedcrew did post a briefer version of this story in the comments section of another story (by ashmill) that was dated 11/04/09; however, theshedcrew posted his comment on 3/13/13.

Here is the link, for anyone who may be interested and want to check it out for yourself http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=7654
theshedcrew (4 stories) (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-02)
Update on the house...

It was recently bought after my grandparents owned it for 40 something years. My grandmother took a picture of the house and when she looked at the picture there was a man in a hat sitting on the roof with a dog and there were two people in the window... That night the house burned down. My grandfather wassleeping in the house until the sale was final to make sure no one broke in and stole anything. That night he decided to sleep at his new house and the house ended up catching fire from an old faulty wire.
psychicmama (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-20)
Very creepy story. Did you go to your Grandma's one day and they just weren't there anymore? I'm assuming you could see them? Just curious what sort of clothing (era) they wore--if you can remember.

Thanks for sharing! I'm always amazed at how much more there is out there than we realize.

Rook, I remember that story well that you are recalling--the outfits they wore, that they came out of a closet and hid behind the couch. One day the person was home sick...etc. And the drawings. I don't remember the ghosts (or in that case little gremlin's type thing) names though.
theshedcrew (4 stories) (20 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-20)
[at] geetha

They were not teenagers. They were around my age, maybe a bit older. There is another story involving my younger brother. My mom left us in the car, my 2 younger brothers and I (I was about 8 and my brothers were 4 and 2) and she went inside to quickly talk to my grandmother. As they spoke, my mom said he saw my 18 year old aunt run down the stairs and outside as fast as she could. When my mother went outside to check, she saw my aunt get out of the car while me and my brothers were still in it. The car was about 5 feet from rolling into the gully. When she asked what happened, my 4 year old brother Nick said that his friend wanted to go for a ride and told him to move the shift, which he moved into "reverse" and the car rolled backwards toward the gully. I remember that day quite vividly. That was after my interaction with boys had stopped. Although Nick never said a name or who his friend was, I always believed it to be Key, the "trouble maker"
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-20)
Rook,
I think I know which one you are talking about. I remember the pictures too.

Theshedcrew,
I have a question for you. You said that the kids were in a car accident in the gully. Were these kids in the back seat while an adult was driving or were these "kids" driving as in teens. I'm asking because you said you played with these kids and also your father and his siblings when they were younger. Were these kids young like you or were they older?
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-19)
Interesting story here, theshedcrew. Loved it! But, it's sad to think that there were 2 boys that died and that their spirits haven't been put to rest though. I'd do more research and possibly see if you could help them perhaps.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
AHGMZ (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-19)
Nice and a little weird. This story can be a really good campfire tale. Thanks.
theshedcrew (4 stories) (20 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-19)
Wasn't my story. I wasn't on here in 2009. I would love to read that one though
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-19)
WHOO HOO! I am not a crazy man! And there was much rejoicing!

Thanks for the confirmation. 😁

Respectfully,

Rook
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-19)
Hey Rook,
I remember that story being posted here. I know which one your talkig about. I believe your right.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-19)
valkricry,

No, the one I'm thinking of was a 'full blown' story complete with attached pictures...I'm not sure...I'll see if I have enough time to research it... I know I read it and saw the pics...

Respectfully,

Rook
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-03-18)
Rook,
Back in 2009 theshedcrew posted this story (or much of it) in a comment on another story. Could that be what you're thinking of?
~Val
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-18)
Children have vivid imaginations and they tend to play on their own, talk unto themselves. But, I feel that yours could be one of it and I do not think that it has got anything to do with the paranormal. Playing with the children who died in the car crash and is it the experience of every child in the house. I find it too far-fetching. Do not mean to offend. But it is difficult for me to treat it as paranormal.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-18)
Ummm didn't someone post a story, complete with hand drawn pictures, of their imaginary friends... They exited a closet (entered a room) and did something behind the couch... And the 'FRIENDS' had the same names?

I may be wrong...I'll just say I'm not sure about this one.

Respectfully,

Rook
theshedcrew (4 stories) (20 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-17)
Well I really can't recall what they looked like, but when I was 15 months old I caught meningitis and was pronounced dead twice. I know NDE's make people more sensative to this stuff
spookyonfire (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-17)
Were you able to recall what those childhood friends of your looked like? It'd be really great if they didn't appear too imaginary. But I really think they're real and because as a child you were very sensitive that's why you were interacting with them then. Now you're just less sensitive. Pretty cool of you to include history though. I really liked that part.
theshedcrew (4 stories) (20 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-15)
It's kind of creepy. My little cousins use to talk and play with nobody when they would be over. It could all be coincidence, but when I heard the stories from my aunts and uncles, I put two and two together
crf1997 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-15)
Wow this story is pretty cool:) And you are right, it has to be the two brothers that died, unless it's a huge coincidence. They must be attached to that spot and your grandma's house. And it's also cool that you can still sense children being in that house.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: