You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: The Mean Old Man With A Coat

Real Ghost Stories

The Mean Old Man With A Coat

 

This is not a spectacular story but I am very worried about my son. So if anyone can give me any information or advice, it will be much appreciated. My husband, son and myself used to live in a town house, in Port Elizabeth in South Africa. We lived there without any problems for about a year when things got strange.

My son, at that time 5 years of age, never had a problem to go to bed and all of a sudden it changed. He would refuse to sleep or even play in his room. This was not a child being disobedient, I could clearly see and sense his fear, he was absolutely terrified! I asked him "E tell mommy what's wrong" so he said there is a mean old man with a coat that watches him at night. I tried to comfort him and shook it off as a child's wild imagination.

Then all of a sudden our cat started to "talk" to something unseen, he would meow and purr. This only happened in my son's room and the bathroom. This was freaky but me and my husband thought the cat was just acting silly.

After a while my son started to sleep walk, his eyes will be open but he does not respond when you talk to him. He will then "wake up" and scream and cry frantically. After a while he told me that this "man" pulls of his blankets and sits on his toy chest and just watches him.

My husband and I started to see movement in the passage to and from my son's room and the bathroom. I started to feel uncomfortable in the bathroom like I was being watched. My son's room had a very cold and uncomfortable feel to it even though it was one of the rooms that had the most sun during the day.

So we decided to move as the town house was very small and we needed more space. Things started to get a tad bit more weird. The towels in the bathroom will be pulled of from the rails, I will hang them back just to find them on the floor 5 minutes later. We started hearing heavy footsteps in the passageway at night and something sitting on our bed. We where happy to move out into our bigger place, also a town house, February of this year. Everything went fine, my son now 6, went to bed without a worry and life was normal again.

Or so we thought, about two weeks ago my son started to act up again. Night time was once again a battle. My son then said "the man is back, he told me that he would find me and he did." I calmed him down got him to sleep and got into my own bed, my husband was reading in the study at the time, and I could feel this thing in my room and it mockingly asked me "how have you been?" I was scared frozen! This man is back and he does his best to let us know that and to terrify my son and myself.

If anyone could please give some advice on how to get rid of this entity I would be very grateful.

Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ZellaB, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

psychicmama (1 stories) (51 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-24)
ZellaB, thank you so much for the update. It is nice to hear you are getting some peace around the house! Keep up the good cleansing work! 😊
ZellaB (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-24)
Hi all! A friend from church helped me with Rooks cleansing. I have to report that for the last 5 days we had peace. So I will do Rooks cleansing at least once or twice a month to keep all the ghosties out. Thanks to all of you for your great advice.

ZellaB
n_ishwarya (1 stories) (14 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2013-05-16)
tell that there is a message from yang. The spirit of death. Tell she is arriving. To take him. Black men signify devil. Devils. Are. Afraid of yang. The. Spirit. Of death. Who is termed to be. Powerful godess by chinese actually whole world. Ok all the best
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-16)
Hello ZellaB, my advise and suggestion would be that it is better that for the time being, you, your husband and son sleep in the same room. It would definitely give your son a lot of confidence and he would be out of fear in the night. Try to practice Rook's cleansing method. It works and it will work for you too. But you have to continuously do it for some days to ward off these entities.

Keep us posted of the developments.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-16)
ZellaB,

Thank you for the update and for the information on the property. Please keep us posted and again, ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
ZellaB (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
[at] Rook, the area use to be one big farm, we have moved but in the same suburb (namely Lorraine). I will go check out the history 😉 😉
ZellaB (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
Thanks to each of you for your advice! Rook I will do your cleansing method.
Just a quick update:
Last night we all had a sleepless night. I am tired, frustrated and emotional. My son was woken up by this spirit at about 12 o clock last night. My husband went to sleep in his bed with him. The activity was crazy. I was woken again by little feet walking on the carpet, thinking it was my son I said "come get in bed with momm"y, but as I open my eyes I didn't see him. I looked around the room waiting for my eyes to adjust and saw a dark shadow standing at the bedside table, I think it must of been a "child" because it only stood a head higher than the table. The room got cold and I freaked. The temperature dropped within seconds. The feeling I got was pure anxiety. I think this old man entity is inviting others (is that possible?). There was constant walking and whispering all through the night. We all ended up in the living room on the couch waiting for morning. Whatever this is feels like its taunting us, especialy my little boy, and we as a family are really scared. We are Christian and true believers of God, but I am so scared we agrivate this entity/s.
VSAngels (2 stories) (13 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
I'm so sorry you have to go through this. It's one thing if you're living alone but another if you have a precious child that you need to protect and take care of. When a spirit is messing with your child, the tables turn and get really scary, really fast. Rook is right and you need to use his cleansing method. Get a priest too and work on bringing god into your home or any higher power that you think can help you. You can beat this. This spirit is messing with you because he believes he has the power to. Sounds like a schoolhouse bully 😆 Take away his power, my love! Good luck!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
You have asked for advice on how to 'get rid' of this entity... So please try this...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Have you done any research into your former property? What may have happened there or what was it before Town homes were built there?

I'm on the fence with this one, but please, as I stated, ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
psychicmama (1 stories) (51 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-14)
ZellaB, try reading Rook's Cleansing at Work, it shows how the cleanse works (also a great story). Most importantly the cleanse directions are listed in the comments below the story. I *think* this will get you there http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=17148.

Best of luck,
PM
psychicmama (1 stories) (51 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-14)
Hello, sorry to hear you are having trouble! There is a cleanse located on this site to get rid of spirits, which I suggest you try. I will try to find the location of the cleanse and list it for you. It's definitely worth a try. I feel sorry for your little boy--hope you are rid of this spirit soon!
Amie_16 (2 stories) (104 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-14)
Hi nice and scary story there! Get your house blessed by a preist and the thing will be gone for good...
No matter what religion you belong to, just call some preist who could bless your house and also make this mean man go away...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: