You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Spitting Demons?

Real Ghost Stories

Spitting Demons?

 

I am 44 years old. When I was about 4 or 5 years old I had an experience that I have tried to make sense of ever since. I had just gone to bed on a summer's night. I know it was summer because it was still light outside, probably about 8:30 p.m.

I had not been in bed long and I looked up to the the window above and to the left of my bed. I saw two figures in dark hooded robes. I could not see faces... Just blackness. Then the figures (one or both - I'm not sure) spit on me. I felt totally paralyzed. I didn't know what else to do, but as crazy as this may sound, I tried to spit back at the figures. At that point they disappeared.

I told my parents about it, but they insisted it was a bad dream. So I tried to convince myself that it must have been a nightmare for most of my life.

However, about 27 years later my pastor and I were having lunch and somehow the topic turned to the "world of darkness," for lack of a more handy term. So I told him about my experience, and he pointed out some things that lead me to believe this was more than a dream.

First, this would have occurred around 1967-1968. It wasn't like it is today with all of the fantastic scary movies. In fact, TV was rather wholesome. It was unlikely that I saw something on TV that foreshadowed this and came out in a dream.

Second, people commonly report seeing hooded demons. How would I have known that at that age?

Third, in reference to spitting, my pastor said this is a very specific demonic activity, however he didn't know the meaning of it.

If anyone knows what the spitting was all about, I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mountaineer63, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
4 years ago (2019-12-20)
Hello Breinecker,

Welcome to Your ghost stories site.

I know you want answers to this terrible occurrence and who wouldn't. The best way to go about getting help is to submit your post. Members will come from far and wide and try and help and support you.

I know you've attached your experience to a similar post, however, that won't get you answers because it's classed as hijacking someone else thread. I made the same mistake when I first came here. I was so scared and wanted answears that I went from thread to thread like a mosquito looking for food trying to get help. Thankfully I know the ways and guidelines now after many members put me straight.

I'm sorry to hijack your thread OP. Please forgive me. I'm just trying to help our new member as I was helped back when I joined.

Some of the comments on this thread might also provide some light. It would be worth scrolling through and working out what is relevant to you.

I look forward to reading your post if it gets published.

Best wishes,
Miandra
😘 ❤ 😘
Breinecker (1 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-12-20)
I have been getting spit on at least I think that is what is happing but it has happen to me multiple times now once driving and a couple times at my fiancé's parents house laying in bed, I jump up when I feel this splatter of water hit me at first I would look around for the source of it and never find anything. When it happens now I don't even bother looking I know that it is something unexplainable, last night laying on the couch it happen again right when I started to drift off there was splatter spots on water or whatever it is going up my arm and on my neck, I sat up and about a minute later it hits me again this time on my chest. I always use to say that something follows me but now I absolutely believe that it is true for something like this to happen so many times in different locations, it really is becoming annoying I wish it would stop but at the same time I want to know who or what it might be are they trying to tell me something? Any ideas would be appreciated.
Caz (342 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-11-12)
Sarah, the first thing I'd say is 'don't panic'! If you have read the comments below, you will have seen that none of the posters were harmed! Scared yes, but not one was harmed!
In fact, in the case of the poster called Hoolio, it almost seems the hooded man was trying to teach the child how to spit! Could it possibly be that he was trying to 'arm' the child in case of attack by these demons?
There are some demons known as 'Archons' who thrive on seeing people suffer from fear or hurt or any other form of negative energy! It's what they survive on. I don't know for sure, but as no one was harmed, it could be them!
They're yellow bellied cowards, so if anything else happens, spit back and tell them 'where to go'!
Sarah509g (1 stories) (1 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-11-12)
I live in Washington state, I was sitting alone in my room messaging on Facebook, and all of a sudden I felt something on my arm. I look down and there's like a drop of spit or saliva and in my head I'm like what the hell? No sounds no smell just spit? I'm in shock just staring at it like where did this come from? I look at the ceiling and nothing? No water nothing wet around me? The phone was already in my hand so I take a picture of the spit as it's now falling to my sweats. I don't know? I'm freaked out now and goggle spitting ghosts how stupid I feel googling that and it brought me here. And freaked out when I saw others have been spit on? Why did I get spit on? What does it mean? Plz help sarah509g [at] yahoo.com
Nathaniel (37 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-11-09)
Yeah its just a weird thing for a child so young, to invent. And I too have never heard of something like this.
Brian77 (1 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2013-11-09)
First time poster here, but I too had a "spitting" incident that freaked me out last year, I did a web search to try and see if I could find out any information about what it meant and it brought me here, I'm 36 and live near the coast in Southern New Jersey, one night a little over a year ago, I know it was probably about 2-3 weeks before Hurricane Sandy hit, I had just gone to bed, but was not asleep yet, I heard a noise coming from the vent in my room, I've heard mice running behind walls before, this was similar to that, but it was definately coming from the vent, like it was coming up the vent to my room (I was on the second story) then a moment later this glob of spit, water, something... Hits my arm, it was not raining that night, there's no other floors above, never had any issues with the roof leaking, well it startled me out of bed, I thought it was strange enough indeed, but what was really strange was they way this glob of spit or whatever it was smelled, I mean it literally smelled like something dead, like a dead animal or something, it had a very strong and repulsive odor, that's what really freaked me out the most, well then I turned on the light and grabbed a flashlight to look at the ceiling over my bed just to see if there was any sign of a leak or possible explination (even though it was not raining), nothing, nothing at all, the ceiling was as dry as can be, I was startled and it wasn't long before the idea that it was something paranormal crossed my mind, I did happen to have a small bottle of holy water / Jordan River water in my house, all I could think to do was toss some about the room, I felt the need to do something, It's never happened since but I never have been able to explain it, I never saw anything in the room, a few weeks later when Hurrican Sandy hit and this episode was still fresh in my mind, during the heavy rains, I made a point of checking out the ceiling over my bed to check for leaks (though again it was not raining that night), there was nothing, dry as could be during the hurricane and every rain since, anyway, this just pops up in my mind now and again, I've since wondered if this spitting thing may have a meaning,
Hoolio (1 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
Ok...my story is a bit different.
I'm 35, I'm from Europe. Back in 1980... I was 4.
I had the same dream for around 1 month or maybe more...
Hooded robe MAN... Trying / forcing me to spit on the bed. I couldn't and I don't remember if I did it... But the feeling was terrible and hard to explain. The whole dream was about persuading me to spit. My attempts were painful and dry.
He was standing next to me on his knees and never gave me any moment of relief. Sometimes our heads were touching...
The dream always ends with me falling down rapidly feeling and slowly getting peaceful.
I think I had this dream more than 20 times.
His face was visible the whole time... And I still remember right now... Still alive in my memory--looked like a muslim.
Never understand what happened there.
Never spoke to anybody... Nor my parents...
I'm orthodox.
Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-23)
Well this is quite the coincidence... I appear to be related to the author of this story... It was eerie reading the comments. The story is pretty creepy too, but I was more creeped out reading the conversations people carried out with my doppelg
HarryTomlinson (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-23)
This has just happened to me less than 20 minutes ago so I googled it and found this so I made an account to share it because I must admit I am really scared I have just turned sixteen today and like one of the previous comments said it is stormy outside really rough and I am sat upright in my bed half covered with my duvet and right infront of the Tv there is a gap between my bed and the I was spat on just above the about 5ft oft the ground which landed on my chest I SHIT myself. I googled a spitting ghost and read this and when I found out this is a real thing I ran to my mum & Dad and my dad came in and tried to brush it over my head. Once he left I spat around the room swore at them and prayed to god which I don't do but saw that someone said in the presence of god they are weak or something please please please give me some information or email me if you want more details because there is something personal I don't wan't to share to everyone. Harry.t.123 [at] hotmail.com. Thankyou
nattypie99 (7 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-13)
i think hooded demons represent like a death reaper or something. Yet the demon is powerless over you they want to hurrt you but they cant. They can only scare you. Be brave! ❤ ❤ ❤
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-12)
I don't think TV was ever really wholesome. Does the name Barnabas Collins ring any bells?
Oglegen (6 stories) (61 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
I had almost the exact same experience in a dream. I wasn't afraid and I spat back (spitting is something I hardly ever do or see so it's unlikely my mind just made this up). When I retaliated, it disappeared.
henry16 (1 stories) (43 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-09)
that spitting means that you are going to be marked for something good that would enrage these demons and they try to prevent it by spitting at you
Cadzooks (1 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-05-30)
Mountaineer63, I had the exact same experience. When I say this, I do not say it lightly, but your experience is nearly word for word the same as mine. Please contact me, we need to compare some details. My email address is public for registered users to see, I really need to contact you. 😐
Reap (1 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
Not sure if you still check this post or not, but those were absolutely demons. I have seen one standing by my bed several years ago, then 2 more on another night. I even have evps of them speaking hateful things and spitting on me.

Its awesome that you spit back, they seem quite cowardly when you stand up to them, especially when you do it in the light of God.
Mountaineer63 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-30)
Thanks Kim and Queen. I certainly don't know what or if it means anything. But it has always been in the back of my mind... Wondering what it meant... Does it have any power, etc?

I like to think a am a sane person. Never experienced anything unusual since then... So it makes a guy wonder. Thanks!
QueenTas (4 stories) (43 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-30)
That was very interesting, I'll try to research spitting demons, and see what I can come up with, if I find anything I'll be sure to let you know.

Tricia
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-30)
that story was truly terrifying. I can't imagine where, but I have heard of spitting and it is as disrespect. Wow. That is frightening.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-28)
I will do that Mountaineer, where I am working at right now has very limited resourses for my use, so once I get back to the states I will have better research material and will be able to see what it means if anything.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
ScottRuiz (7 stories) (13 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-28)
Very strange. Maybe it was like you said, a kind of paralyzer. Something to mark you so they could find you later? Have you seen anything like this recently?
Mountaineer63 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-28)
Thanks for your comments. It is odd Bellissima. My pastor wasn't real sure about it either. I think it is either a show of disrespect or maybe a curse (failed...ha-ha).

Sgee...I sensed that these two communicated with each other too... I don't know why I sensed that as I could not hear them talking.

These things didn't seem like they were angry. They seemed very "matter of fact" in their actions. Of course, this has been nearly 40 years ago. But, I have a very vivid recollection of it. I wish I could remember the rest of my childhood with such clarity...LOL.

Again...thanks all. Let me know if you come across anything Shane.
temper11 (3 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-28)
wow...I could relate... Mine I will never forget. I was about 4 or 5, same age as you and it was actually a stormy night and there were a lot of flashing from the lightning strikes... I felt something was odd in the room, because it felt really cold.
I had a bed which was actually connected to my brothers bed and so I was facing him, the other direction was the closet.
Out of curiosity, I turned to look at the direction of the closet and I saw a shadowy figure of a hooded person with a book and a scythe. He was staring at me for a minute or so and was coming towards me, I couldn't make out what was behind the hood and I was trying to move and wake up my brother at the same time but I couldn't. All at the same time, the lights were flickering on and off.
As he neared me, I think I passed out from all the fright.
The next morning I was telling me dad about this and he just exclaimed to me that it was all a bad dream, then he mentioned to my mom on a side note who happened to be there that he couldn't get any sleep cause the lights kept flashing.
I turned pale but didn't say anything.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-28)
I have not come across any spitting demons in my studies of them. I think we tend to associate an action which we realize is bad with evil entities and that action then becomes symbolic. Though I could be wrong as studying demons is something I began about a year ago and I am by no means a demonologist, nor do I want to be. Your clergy could very well be right. Thanks for the story.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
sgee95608 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-28)
I had a similar experience to your story. I used to see hooded figures when I was a child. I remember being frozen with fear when I saw them. They used to appear at my doorway or next to my bed side. They never spit on me. They would stare at me and communicate with eachother, but I could never make out what they were saying.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-28)
Hi, Mountaineer63! That is really odd, I've never heard of spitting but it's cute that you tried to spit back! I think it would be unlikely that a 4-5 year old could come up with something so odd, too. Then to find out your pastor has been aware of this unusual behaviour from dark figures, kind of spooky! I have never heard of the spitting going on, sorry I can't help you with that. Thanks for the story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: