You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Trip Back From Italy

Real Ghost Stories

A Trip Back From Italy

 

This is a story that is not really scary but for me it is a little confusing. I don't know what we all saw but I hope you all can help me on this one. I really do believe that I was tired and I hope that this is the situation but there is something telling me it might have been something else. But first I will tell you the story.

It all happened when we where coming back from our vacation. It was something like a family reunion. We had two cars, so our family could all go. We went to Italy and had a great vacation! But back to the story. After we visited Italy, it was time to go back home. We decided to sleep one more night in the mountains of Italy before we went home. It would be a long drive from there around 22 hours, but I am used to staying up late.

So after we stayed the night in Italy we got up around 6 am and were on our way home. It was a nice drive and my wife and brother were joking so it wasn't boring. We were driving for 20 hours now and we were all tired. But we were all happy talking about the things we had seen. It was around 4 am when, we were 10 km from my place.

My brother was driving and my wife was on the back seat. As we where driving this long road, I started seeing this bright light? I was a little confused because there isn't a street light on this road and there wasn't a bright moon. I started looking at this bright light and it got bigger.

In a wink of an eye this light turned into a lady dressed in a white dress. It looked like she was glowing. She was maybe 80-100 meters from us but I saw her perfectly. I told my brother to watch out because there is a lady on the road. He asked me where. My wife then said on the side of the road. She is walking in our direction. He slowed down but he was scared and said what where we talking about.

As I looked back on the road she was gone. No sign of the lady. I was a little surprised and didn't know what to think. My brother had a good laugh at us and to be honest so did we. I then thought that maybe this was caused because we were tired. That maybe our minds were playing tricks on us. But why did my wife see her too? She described the lady the way I saw her.

It's been two years now since that incident. We still laugh about it but I'm not so sure what I saw then. I have come up this road many times. There haven't been any accidents that I have heard of. There are cold spots there but they can be explained (lots of tress). Truth is I don't know what I saw or didn't see. I hope you can help me with it.

Other hauntings by ChrisB

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Poland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ChrisB, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

aherr (4 stories) (46 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-20)
Sometimes we see things that are very confusing to us which we cannot interpreted. Just don't let these spirits scare you. I'm glad you guys think it's funny and let it be done. 😊
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
Hi Laddy Anne. So nice of you to comment on my story. I don't realy think that this was the" lady in white" but she sure was bright. I realy could see her from a long distance. But when I think about it now I'm not sure if I could see her face. The story you told was very scary! I think I read about this in a book. I think it was a bout a lady from college who was hit by a truck because she wanted a lift and was standing in the middle of a road. But there are many stories like this one. But I don't think that they would be made up. I think they have a little truth in them. REoads can realy be scary. I mean roads have exsisted for many many years. We sometimes don't know the history about them. But we should. For example not far from my house there is a road that goes by the river Wisla for many kilometers. A teacher told me that Napolean marched down this road when he wanted to attack Russia. Pretty nice history. Thanks for commenting. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
Hi kecoughtan. I always thought I was a bad writter but thanks for the confidence:).I believe that when we do hear or see something that is not write we should ALWAYS try to explain this in a rational way. The chances of seeing a spirit are very small. Out of 100 things we do encounter 98 of things can be explained scientificaly. So I believe that you are doing a great job checking out things. I laughed when you mentioned that you would die first in a horror movie 😆.I think I would to! I hope to hear from you soon and take care
ladyannne (11 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-17)
Don't you wish we could actually play these events over and over in real time, to re-examine them?
There have to be hundreds of white ghost lady folklore stories, but, but...
We spent our formative years hitchhiking all over our area, our standard mode of transport before reaching licence age. We were once picked up by a friendly but quiet gentleman who was highly concerned for our safety. He warned us, repeatedly, about a lady in white on that road (Pacheco Pass, central CA) and while he would admit he had seen her, AND given her a ride, he would not detail the experience except to add she disappeared from the seat of his car in a wink. Just the telling he would share, after how many years, the memory still disturbed him. Evidentally, there ARE ladies in white...
Kecoughtan (1 stories) (211 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-17)
Please don't apologize, ChrisB. You told an engaging, gripping story--you always do; there's nothing wrong your account. Sometimes my odd questions are generated by me being too quick of a reader and at other times my curiosity is triggered by how I envision the events unfolding. Turning to look at your brother in disbelief is exactly what I would have done!

You know, I tend to be a bit cavalier when something seems amiss. If I hear or see something out of sorts my reaction is always to approach and investigate. On a dark, stormy night I go outside when there is an unexpected noise so in a horror movie, I'd be the first to die. But your account and all those I've read on this forum involving apparitions that appear to motorists ALWAYS send a chill along my spine. Even though she did nothing to interact or acknowledge you, there's something unsettling about these accounts that always make me feel vulnerable. Perhaps it's the myth that we are safe and secure in automobiles. Or maybe it's just too many horror movies and urban legends about killers in the backseat or lurking in the shadows for lonely, wayward motorists. Anyway, your story certainly struck a chord with me. Thanks for sharing!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-17)
Hi kegcoughtan. Thanks for reading my story. Sorry if I didn't explain everything well but I'm not a good story teller. I lost sight of her when my wife said that she is on the side of the road. I was surprised that he couldn't see her and I looked at him. Just for a second. But when I looked back she was gone. I don't think I felt scared. For sure there was adreline going through my blood but the one thing I felt most was that I was confused. Since my brother didn't see it I was pretty sure that I was dead tired. But like I said. I felt that there was something different going on. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Kecoughtan (1 stories) (211 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
Thanks for sharing your fascinating and gripping experience, ChrisB. Like gothgirl, I am intrigued by these women in white that appear in the hauntings and legends of so many cultures. You mentioned that your brother was frightened by not being able to see the woman, but how did you and your wife feel at the time?--besides tired, of course. And at what point did you lose sight of her? When you passed her were you able to see her from the side window when you were parallel? Thanks.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
Hi Tonith. Thanks for reading my stoy. You know I too thought it was wierd that he couldn't see it. But then again I thought this was a helucination. My brother has had some unplesent encounters too with the paranormal. But I guess he wasn't "allowed" to see her. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
I find it hard to believe you and your wife had the same hallucination. You saw something. What it was is speculation. Could it have been something residual? Odd that the driver didn't see it. That may be a matter of sensitivity.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
Hello my dear Tammy. I actually didn't think about that. I have been hear for sometime and I wonder why I didn't think about that? It realy is a good suggestion. And you said that the scenery is nice and it actualy is. Maybe this is the answer. Thanks for the suggestion my dear friend. That is why I say its great to hear others opinion. The chances of getting the right answer is bigger.Thanks. ❤
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
Hi gothgirl. Thank you for reading my story. This legend you told me is great! I did hear abvout the lady in white but never knew the history about it. But I'm glad that you shared that with me. But to be honest I don't think this was "her".It just doesn't fit. But who knows? We are talking about the paranormal. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
Hi Brownie09. Thank you for reading my story. I realy like reading other opinions. In this case I never did think about this lady being a guardian angel. But maybe. After I saw her I was totaly awake 😜!.Thanks for reading.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
Hi Frank. It is so nice to hear from you. How are you feeling now? Did the Ms take good care of you? I bet she did. To be honest while I was reading your post I was happy to hear that this was all caused by me being tired. But your second paragraph ruined everything 😜!I tried explaining this the same way you did. I realy can explain most strange things that have happened in my life and I'm usually right. But there are things that just don't want to leave. Just like the shadow man I saw remember? Its been so many years and it still bothered me. Just like this story. It can be explained but there is something bothering me about it. Thanks for reading. Take care my friend. 😁
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
Hi Kisho and thank you for reading my story. It is nice to know others opinion on this story. I did ask people about any accidents but there was one almost 30 years ago. Someone did die there but I realy don't know who. And it wasn't in the exact location. It was 50 meters closer to where IO saw her. Thanks again
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-16)
You know what I was thinking Chris? You were trying to find out if there was some accident on the road like you said and that's what usually comes to mind when we encounter a residual haunt which is what I thought you and your wife experienced. We see an apparition and immediately think "oh, someone has died here..." but that's not always the case. Maybe this old scene you were lucky to observe was a simple stroll or the usual walk of this lady who left an impression on time. Maybe she didn't die there and just maybe that road was her favorite walk-way through the beautiful scenery. Maybe she loved it so much that became an ever-lasting one.
gothgirl (32 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-15)
Like I always say I just love the lady in white. She is the only spirit that's not attatchd to anything but can walk freely.
Dont worry, your not over sensitive or weird just becourse you and your wife could saw it... Its only the way she dos it.
The ledgend around the woman in white is one of the sadest one you wil ever come across and every country, believe and culture have one... But she is always glowing and always apearing to just 1 or 2 poeple and ALWAYS wearing white... Those who have spoken to her says shes claiming that she can never go home ledgend have it, these woman found out their husbunds had a afaire, went home killd the kidz and then threw themself off a bridge or infront of a traine or something like that... Like I said its sad, but when you start to read a bit of the info on her she becomes real intresting... But then again after a 33hour drive I once saw a black dog running towords me and I know for a fact it was not there (I know I was getting to tired so my mind started to play tricks) so who knows maby your mind did to...
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-15)
It is quire probable there was some type of previous activity on this stretch of road, whether it was an accident or some other event that occured in this womans life that had signficant meaninfg to her and the imprint on time has her repeating her visit to this road.

It would have been very eerie to say the least, for both you and your wife to see the woman but not her brother.

Thanks for sharing.
God Bless!
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-15)
Hi Chris thanks for the story, maybe she was ya'lls guardian angel, knowing that you were all tired and that you did drive all that way, Maybe she was there watching over ya'll making sure that you were safe. I don't know but that is my opinion. 😊 ❤
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-15)
Hello Chris. First off, let me give you one of my "something to think about" explanations. Being on the road for 20 hours can make you extremely tired-tired to the point of seeing things. Chances are you were more tired than your wife and brother and you saw something that your tired old brain translated into a ghostly woman. Your wife picked up on what you saw by the power of suggestion.

O.K., with that said here is what I really think. I think that you and your wife saw a ghostly woman on the roadside coming home from vacation. I think I would be safe in saying that she was a residual as she made no attempt to interact with you.
Thank you Chris for sharing your story with us and as always I truly enjoyed it. Take Care My Friend.

FRAWIN 😊
Kisho (2 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-15)
Chances are there was an accident along there, and you and your wife saw a ghost. Cold spots certainly lead to that conclusion as well.

It didn't walk in front of the car, or appear menacing, and so sounds like you and the spirit happened to be in the same place at the same time. Nothing menacing, just you were doing your thing, she was doing hers.

Pretty interesting that you and your wife both share enough sensitivity towards the spiritual that you both saw her while your brother didn't though.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: