You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: We Don't Understand... Is It Following Us?

Real Ghost Stories

We Don't Understand... Is It Following Us?

 

Several years ago, I submitted this story:

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=7578

Looking back now, some of my mothers more outrageous claims - such as the window being blown open - are probably her embellishing her story; or as I said at the time; caused by natural events like the storm on that night. It is also possible the family friend's problems were mundane, and caused simply by their neglect of the house.

However, I still can attest to the footsteps and knocks that customers report everyday. And I also am adamant I have seen the shadowy figure in what used to be my mother's bedroom, and the oppressive feeling of dread while we were in that room alone. Since I posted that story one of my mother's elder siblings claimed to have had a similar experience around the same time in that room; though no one else has felt this. We've since stopped accepting guests, and now run the place solely as a pub. Upstairs is now the living space for another Aunt of mine who runs the place, and she reports nothing other than an occasional knock.

But that is not really what this is about. Though I don't understand how, I'm worrying something from that place may be following me, though I struggle to understand how or why.

Since that post, I have moved out of the family home and now share a house, about half-an-hour's drive from the pub, with my fiancee and young son. Our home has a short and perfectly normal past: Built in the 1970's on what was a farm, the house had one owner before us - the woman we bought it off of, who is still alive and well and bought it new about forty years ago. Her and her husband raised their children in the house, none of them died tragically or otherwise and there were no reports of any activity. She was selling it, so she told me, for the simple fact that her knees were giving her trouble and she wanted a bungalow. I still see her and her husband about town so they are both still around.

Soon after we moved in, about a year ago, we began to feel uneasy about the house. This feeling of unease is concentrated around our the bottom of our staircase. I refuse to climb the stairs in the dark because it feels like someone is stood at the bottom watching, my son - who is only two - will stand and stare at the corner at the bottom of the stairs and will scream if you take him too close to it. Even my fiancee, who dismisses all paranormal things as nonsense will keep the lights on when walking up the stairs at night, because she says it feels "unsafe" in the dark.

To add to this, I have caught glimpse of a shadowy figure both at the top and bottom of the stairs, and when my brother came to stay with us he reported both the uneasy feeling at the bottom of the stairs and seeing a glimpse of a shadowy figure in our upstairs hallway. We've also experienced my son's electronic toys making noises of their own accord and, strangely, the sound of an invisible coin being rolled across the ground.

We just don't know what is going on here. I have doubts that something has followed us, mainly because we never experienced anything paranormal at all at the flat we rented while saving up the deposit for the house. But on the other hand, whatever it is feels far too much like my mother's old bedroom for comfort, and given the houses history there seems to be no reason for it to be haunted.

I'm beginning to get worried, especially with my son around, about whatever it is, if it is anything, at the bottom of those stairs; it does not feel nice. I just don't know what to make of this. What do you think?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lincsstef, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-27)
lincsstef
I can see why you are worried but there are things you can do.
Rookdygin has an excellent cleansing method on his profile page.
Tell your fiancee that you are doing it to make you feel better.
You say that your fiancee dismisses all things paranormal as nonsense. I think that she doesn't want to admit it but she is starting to believe something isn't ''right'' about the house and is starting to believe in the paranormal.
I do not think that you have a demon on your hands just a ghost. You can tell it that it is NOT WELCOME and it has to leave and it can't come back. Be forceful and resolute. Then do Rookdygins cleansing method.
Regards
RedWolf
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-24)
Lincsstef,

My guess is that this entity isn't attached to you. Because as you said, for nine months, you never had any issues at the flat. My bet is that it's either attached to the land or to the record collection you brought over from your mom's house.

Since we don't know which, I would first try and take the record collection out of the house and see if the activity ceases. If not, start researching the land and see what you come up with.

Although your other half may not be crazy with the idea of a cleansing, I would still approach her about the subject since you now have a young son in the house. You have to try everything at this point, for the protection of you and your family.

Hope all goes well! Keep us updated.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-24)
wesleybrown97 - hello my friend. No I don't believe you offended anyone. SOme of us is on the fence with the idea of the demon Jezebel you brought up. For myself, I just would like to know what makes you think it's that? Not challenging you here, I'm just curious as to know how you came to that conclusion?
wesleybrown97 (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-24)
I apologize if I offended anyone? After studying Demonology for three years this is what my thoughts were.
CharlaC (6 stories) (22 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-24)
If it's attached to you, then it seems odd that you never experienced anything while living in the flat before moving into the house. But then again, some spirits wait to manifest themselves and it's hard to detect them at first, so maybe it attached itself to you but you never noticed until soon after moving?
It could also be the land, as the others have said. Sounds like it's an old house and the land was a farm before the neighborhood was built? It could be that something happened on that land long before the houses were built on it. And though the former owners of the house never said anything about strange things happening, it doesn't mean they never did. If you still have contact with them, I would ask about it. But even if they never experienced anything, it's possible they never noticed. In my opinion, if you don't mind my saying, it's possible that since you've experienced these things before, you could be a little more sensitive to it, which is why you are seeing and feeling this thing, even if the former owners have not. But I don't know for sure. This is just what I think, and it might not be what's going on, but I figured I'd just let it out there. Hope this helps even a little.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-23)
[at] lincsstef, Badjuujuu has a good point. It could be something attached itself to you. Shadow spirits especially with a malisicious vibe or feeling could be a shadow person. If your son is screaming and you and others have seen this shadow, it may be dangerous. Shadow people are never good. And yes I agree also it could be the land or surrounding area that are causing the home to have the unwanted"visitors". Go to your local library and try to find some history on the land. ChrisB also had a great idea, do a cleansing, and blessing of the home and your family. It could help ward off some or all of the spirits. Good luck, and blessings.
lincsstef (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-23)
Hey guys, thanks for the comments;

To answer some points:

-We've been living in this house for just over two years. The previous owners never mentioned any bother; though we never asked. We rented a flat for about nine months while we save for the deposit, and never experienced anything there.

-True, I didn't think it could be the land. I honestly know very little about the land: only that it used to be a farmer's field that was sold off and developed into houses in stages between the 50's and 70's. My house being one of the later 1970's builds.

-The only thing I can think of that is in this house that was also in the old house is a record collection.

-In regards to being alone in the house; both me and my fiancee have been alone during the day and experienced nothing. Though neither of us have yet been alone at night.

I will inquire about a cleansing, though getting my other half to agree will be a challenge.

Thanks guys!
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-23)
BJJ - I feel you 😊 I was just curious also. I have zero knowledge of demons. To be honest, I just scanned that site quickly and am not too interested in reading more. I just hope the write finds some useful help and stay safe.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
11 years ago (2013-09-23)
Notjustme, that was about what turned up for me in a search engine as well. I'm kind of speechless on this Jezebel stuff. Well, that's a lie. I have LOADS to say, but none of it polite. So, I'll be speechless and leave this thread.
OP, best wishes to you and yours.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-23)
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-23)
Jezebel was a queen in the Old Testament. Never heard of a demon called Jezebel. Do you have any references to this demon so we can educate ourselves?
wesleybrown97 (guest)
-3
11 years ago (2013-09-23)
Hello,

My name is Wesley Brown I am 33 and I am a specialized medium on Demonology and Paranormal encounters.

After reading both of your posts, it is not unthinkable to recognize this entity as a demonic manifestation. The reports of things being thrown off the counter in your first post as well as the dry rot leads me to believe this could only be the beginning. The fact that you receiving similar uneasy feelings where you are now is extremely common in demonic entities. These entities are known to follow the people that they choose from a first encounter. Though the experiences you describe sound similar to the demon of Jezebel there is no way to be sure unless I could feel the presence myself. From experience with encounters like this and reading history on such a pronounced presence, I can tell you the deaths in the past has only given the demonic force that was there before more energy to feed on. With all of this being said heres what I can give you, this presence of a demonic state is not going to leave although it may seem less present at times. Also, the fact no physical harm has occurred yet scares me because this often means the entity is waiting for a specific time. Meaning a time when a certain one of you may be alone.

If you have any further questions please email me at wrbinvestigator [at] gmail.com

I hope this helped.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-23)
The house doesn't need to have any sort of tragic history, the previous home owners don't have to be dead. The land itself may have something attached. Sometimes it's the land, not the building, that's haunted.
You say this feels like your mother's old bedroom? Do you have anything from that house in your current house? Entities can attach to objects as easily as to people, houses, land, etc.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-23)
Hi stefan thanks for sharring this story with us. Did something get attached to you? Hard to say. How long have you been living in this house? If you have been living there for a couple of years then something could have been attached to you. But if you have been living there for a shorter amount of time then it ios the house. Sometimes we can live in a perfect house and then paranormal things can start to happen after a year or two. I'm also worried about your son. They see A LOT more then we do. If you guys have felt or had a glimpse at what was above the stair case try imaginating what he would have seen. I'm not surte if this is a good spirit but for your childs safty trey doing a cleansing. Stairs can be dangerous and IF it is a mean sprit you never know who its going to tests its strength with. Keep us posted try doing a cleansing for a while if that doesn't help maybe a medium could help. I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: