You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Mysterious Shower

Real Ghost Stories

Mysterious Shower

 

I had returned from work and decided to relax in the recliner and I ended up falling asleep. My wife came home from work and I woke up for a moment, said hello, and then I fell back to sleep. My wife left the house for about 45 minutes (according to her) and the next thing I know, my wife is waking me up asking if I took a shower. In a sleepy haze I told her that I had not and that I had just been sleeping in the chair. She said that the bathroom was very humid and the mirror was fogged up like someone had taken a shower!

We are fairly baffled by this at this point. Some of the ideas we have had is that I was sleepwalking and took a shower, however my hair was not wet, and I just have a hard time believing that I could take a shower while sleepwalking and then go back to sleep in the chair again. Our other thought was that I had gotten up and turned on the shower, let the steam build up, and then went back to sleep in the chair. I suppose this is a possibility, but I am not a sleepwalker and never have been.

My gut feeling is that I did not move from the chair while my wife was gone. We thought perhaps someone entered our house and took a shower, but we have a dog and I really believe he would have made some noise had someone come inside the house. Anyway, my wife is pretty creeped out at this point and we are both just trying to figure out what happened here. Any ideas?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mike, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SchizoSephy (74 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-16)
Back when I was "Satanist" I guess I was taking a shower. I came out of the shower and looked at the mirror, the fog seemed to form a picture of Satan or something like that. I got extremely scared. I ended up drawing a happy face on the demon fog. It has yet to happen since then...
bruce3472 (13 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-16)
Hey Hada since you did not experience this particular incident, how can you say that I am wrong... Houses in the past have held this link. What makes such a professional about this? And what gives you the right to attack my opinion. Instead of disrespecting some one else's view point, why don't you try and keep your posts to the topic at hand instead of disrespecting me and my viewpoint... I personally find your view point off track.What's to say whether the entity is good or evil? What makes your way so right and mine so wrong? Next time why don't you stick to the topic and leave other's view points out of it... That way un-neccasary crap like this won't be started...
Hada (36 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-16)
The house has no link to the spirit world as mentioned by bruce3472. It's the other way around. A spirit called Jinn has a link to this house, in fact you have an invisible resident who might show himself to you sometime. It's best if you don't see him. These Jinn particularly like to dwell in bathrooms. S/He, It may have come into the house with you from outside as all people have acompanying demons with them. He seems real comfortable at your place. He's not showering, perhaps turned the water on and off. You'll be hearing the toilet flush next, the faucets turning on and off, the soap out of its usual place. Be brave, be strong my friend. Here's a quick fix. Next time you enter your bathroom, enter with the left foot and say " Bismillah' meaning in the name of God. Whatever is inside will not be able to see you, nor will any activity take place like "the someone's on the other side of the shower curtain but I'm the only one in the house feeling..."
bruce3472 (13 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-16)
Well it is in my opinion that he did not sleep walk at all. He did not move from his chair. In fact I know for a fact that a dog would have sensed something out of the ordinary, since all animals are in touch with things beyond our understanding. Like approaching storms... Anyways I believe that there was something in the bathroom. Yes it is highly unlikely that a ghost would take a shower... But what's to say that by fogging up the bathroom, it wasn't trying to communicate with the house's occupants. I do not believe that this incident was a hostile one. I do believe that this incident did happen and for all intents and purposes it should not go unchecked. How many times did this happen? If it happened more than once I would say that your home has a link to the spirit world...
BlueLady
 
17 years ago (2007-09-14)
That's FREAKY! 😨
I agree with toig1230 and zerostatic23. It must have been your dog.
When I was at my neighbrours house, they had a puppy and so the puppy always barked when someone opened the door. So one day I came and there was TOTALLY no noise. I asked them where's the dog and it was sleeping and she was actually sick.
Maybe someone came in like your friends or something and you just didn't hear your dog.
Well actually there is one REAL answer. Your wife probably had been kidding on you. She could have put ear plugs in your ears and turned on the tap for a few minutes and then took the ear plugs out.
I HOPE YOU TWO FIND OUT WHO (OR WHAT) TOOK A SHOWER! [sca 😨
zerostatic23 (8 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-14)
If the shower was still running when your wife got back then that would support the you sleepwalking or the dog theory. But if it was off then I doubt you wouldn't of remembered getting up twice or that your dog would actually turn the shower back off (if your dog did, than tell me what training program you put it through so that it will bath itself😆)
torig1230 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-13)
Weird! Read my story: My Grandma. My mom has had a similar experiance. Do you think your dog could have turned the shower on? 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: