You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Being Attacked While Sleeping

Real Ghost Stories

Being Attacked While Sleeping

 

Every house that I have lived in has been haunted. I have never really had any major issues before about a month ago. I have lived in the same house for about eleven years now, ever since I was four years old. This house is extremely haunted and I am afraid something is attacking me in my sleep.

In January of this year my dad started renovating the basement bathroom. My room is also in the basement. A few days after the renovations began, I had fallen asleep on the basement couch. I wasn't fully asleep and all of a sudden my whole body began to tingle. I was paralyzed, and I was fearful for my life. All of a sudden I felt a hand wrap around my ankle and begin to pull. At that point I was praying to wake up. Eventually, when I was halfway off the couch, I woke up.

The next time I was at my dad's house things got worse. The next time I experienced sleep paralysis, I was in my bedroom asleep on my side facing my bedroom door when I felt someone hit my face once... Then twice. Immediately after the second hit, my whole body began to tingle. Pain was surging through my face where I had gotten hit. The next thing I know I was on my back with something sitting on my chest. I couldn't breathe. The pressure off my chest lifted and it seemed as everything was quiet. With my body still tingling and being paralyzed, I felt an arm go underneath my waist and the hand clutched my other side. I tried my hardest to clutch my bed with my fingers to keep myself on the bed, but I couldn't move. The arm began to lift me off the bed until the only parts of me touching the bed were the top of my head, the tips of my fingers, and the tips of my toes. All of a sudden it dropped me back on my bed.

Ever since then the sleep paralysis has became more frequent and more intense. I have no idea what to do. I hate sleeping now because of it. What do I do?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ali99, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

twelveam (74 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-25)
Hi ali99,

Could you possibly shed some light on what you said about "every house I have lived in has been haunted" You say that you have lived in your current house for 11 years, ever since you were 4 years old. I just wanted to know if you mean that the house you lived in before this one, was haunted also, and if so... At 4, how did you KNOW it was haunted? I was wondering because there could be a connection to all of this if it DOES turn out to be paranormal. But first, as NorthCoastie said, I think it would be wise to rule everything else out BEFORE labeling it as a paranormal experience. I wish you well, and I think it would be great to hear back from you how things are going!
mrfknbee (39 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-24)
I know it feels like you were attacked but could it possibly be just your nerve receptors or muscle spasms. Only you would know though as you were there
Googi (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-24)
It used to happened with me too. But recently I have started to recite Aayat ul Qursi, it repels the bad and is said to have angels protecting you throughout your sleep. I would ask you to recite Ayat Ul Qursi 3 times before sleeping and going to sleep. Hope it will help sleep peacefully as no bad spirit will come close to you. Try it and do let me know. Be safe.
halloween (4 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-23)
I read "Sylvia Browne's Book of Dreams" it helped me a lot. It may help answer some of your questions also.
PaigeTheGymast (16 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-21)
I really haven't been attacked while sleeping before but only when I am awake. I don't know how to stop it but the best thing that you can do is no matter how scared you are act like you aren't and tell the spirit to go away because that is your house and if anyone is leaving then its going to be them and you are not afraid of them.
NorthCoastie (4 stories) (72 posts)
+5
10 years ago (2014-03-20)
If you keep having these experiences while sleeping, near sleep, waking, or even laying in bed resting, your first step is to talk to your doctor about being tested for sleep disorders. There are just way too many known sleep conditions, many of which can include hallucinations and be VERY scary (trust me, I've suffered from these), but that doesn't mean what you're experiencing is a ghost, evil, paranormal, etc. I've woken up with snakes in my bed, a bottle of Aunt Jemima Maple Syrup walking across my sheets, had my hand grabbed from the mattress, been pinned down... All related to sleep issues.

Other than the incidents while you're laying down... Have you had any other experiences... Definite experiences while you're awake that we can't chalk up to sleep issues?
lynrinth (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-20)
It's the renovation. Just my opinion. It's theorize that a renovation can stir up either dormant spirits that have been inactive for years, meaning maybe just hanging around and not letting on they're there, just content as things are, or, in this case, actually active spirits becomes even more active. Perphaps letting on they're are not happen with the recent changes, and making their displeasure known. Maybe since you sleep in the basement, you are the nearest target. Maybe talking to your father would help? Or maybe sleeping in another room for the time being? There are many options you can try to help you. There are always good people on this site willing to give ideas that could help. Well, for now, stay strong, prayer, maybe, and just trying to hang in there are what you can try for now. My heart goes out to you and I wish you well.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-20)
ali99 - whatever this may be, try your best to not fear. Since it is casting fear on you, I would pray the next time this happens. Believe you are stronger, as you pray to whatever you believe in, tell it to go away. If you don't follow any religion, just pray to goodness. Try to say a simple prayer before bed, it take only a few seconds, in your head or out loud. Pray for protection..."Please protect me and give me light, anything that is not welcomed cannot come near me and you must stay away from me"...hope it helps you. Good luck 😳
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-20)
Hi ali99, can I ask if you are wide awake as these experiences progress, or are you still half asleep? Also, how long after you have fallen asleep do they start, I mean would you have awoken from a deep, or light sleep?

I may be miles off the mark, but I think it could be almost hallucinations after being woken up rapidly from a deep sleep. For example, you could have rolled over on your couch, and started slowly slipping off, this has caused you to awaken, but your mind is still asleep, and has processed the movement as you being pulled. I in no way mean to offend, like I say, I could be way wrong, these are just my initial thoughts.
Katfromthepast22 (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-20)
try and make contact with the spirit. Ask what it wants and if it will please go away. Have you ever played with an ouija board or been around someone that was playing with an ouija board? That could be the source of the problem.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: