You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Cemetery Walker

Real Ghost Stories

Cemetery Walker

 

This is a story my dad told to me at the supper table. My dad isn't one to make things up or lie, so I believe every word he said.

My dad is a photographer who was hired to take pictures at a school in Lindsay. He headed up to the school well before dawn, it was still dark. My dad is driving, and in front of him is a biker with reflective tape on him and flashing lights all over his bike. My dad passes him and gets to the school.

He sets up his equipment, getting ready to take pictures. He's not taking pictures until 7 am, and it is about 6;30 when he gets all set up, so he sits by the door and waits. It's still dark outside, so he can't see anything. Outside the gym door, there's a street, a graveyard, another street, and a single glowing light post.

He looks down into the graveyard, and he sees the silhouette of a person, hunched over walking back and forth quickly in the cemetery. He can't even tell if it's a man or a woman, all he can see is their silhouette walking back and forth. The person does this for 3 or 4 minutes, and the whole time my dad is just sitting there in the gym watching him. Suddenly the flashing biker rides by, going in front of the cemetery. My dad looks at the biker for half a second, and when he looks back at the cemetery, the person walking around was gone.

My dad doesn't know if it was a ghost or not, nor how it just vanished into thin air when the biker went by, but it certainly freaked him out. And it freaked my family out hearing about it at the supper table.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CheezyYogurt, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

twelveam (74 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-29)
Just a thought, but after you look at something bright or flashing, there can be "blind spots" for awhile in your vision and can seem like things are not there anymore that you just saw BEFORE you looked at the light. Maybe the pacing "being" WAS still there when he looked back but the blind spot made him perceive that it wasn't. Did he try to look back into that spot in the cemetery again after a few minutes or so to reassure himself? Just a possible theory. Either way that experience would have been QUITE FREAKY! Thanks for that. 😊
mrfknbee (39 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-27)
Hes a brave man to carry on watching I think I wouldn't have the nuts to keep looking at the thing pacing around. That's a story you can tell your kids in the future too

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: