You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Demon Hound

Real Ghost Stories

Demon Hound

 

I have seen things before and have been able to see these things since a kid. I have seen scary demons, spirits, guardians, you name it. But I have NEVER seen anything like this thing, or felt something that only can be described as a hole, like an invading wrongness. Usually I do not fear them, even the demon ones, the ones that do not feel like they belong here.

But I just went out for a run tonight, at about 7:45 in Northfield, and guys, I am terrified. I don't know WHAT it is, I have never seen the likes of this. I proceeded past the streetlamps to this darker area. The surrounding area is all woods. It suddenly got a lot darker and I saw this... Thing? About 10 - 14 feet tall, like a hound but scaly and rotted, with something that appeared like horns on its head, but it was off in the trees so I couldn't see too much detail. I heard an odd clicking like sound, and something like a wet sigh, loud and close.

I have never felt this kind of terror before in my life. I do not believe it to be a hell hound, it seemed... Much stronger than one. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT IS.

Few times have I truly felt something I cannot chase off but this thing is wrong. Please any help, I don't want it hanging around. I live with a family who has a baby and this thing needs to go.

I didn't dare turn my back. I had this overwhelming feeling that if I turned my back something would happen. I maintained eye contact until I reached the streetlamps. It seemed like it wouldn't cross into light, then ran back home. Please any help on what this thing is?

There is an expression my friend and I use: where the witch walk not, nor should you. Never saw it so fitting before.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Vermont

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, FoxDancer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

M1cr0b1al (3 stories) (38 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-02)
I also agree with BadJuuJuu. With a bit more emphasis on the "not sure what I think about this" line.

However, if what you say is true, I would still have to agree with BadJuuJuu's theory. It sounds as though you, unintentionally, found it, not the other way around. Stay out of the darkness, and be safe; that's what I would suggest.

Good luck!
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2014-03-30)
its probably just a prank... Some nut job all done up in a suit trying to scare people... It obviously worked...
twelveam (74 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-29)
WoW FoxDancer!

That's a pretty jaw dropping experience! The only thing I can offer about this, (speaking from an experience I had and then did research on) is that this "THING" may have been what is called a "transcendental being" which is a being that is not of our world whatsoever, but is constantly traveling from 1 plane of existence to another, and happened to be on our plane at that time. The fact that it was extremely intimidating to you, does not necessarily mean it was going to "harm" you at all, but I sure wouldn't want to be the one to investigate its intentions after reading your description of it! 😆 😜

I have had, like I said, a similar experience 5 years ago but the thing I saw was only the size of a child but looked just as scary as yours! I think since you said you have been seeing scary and spiritual things your whole life, makes you a sensitive to those kinds of presences. The theory others have said about "stress" being the possible cause is just as much a possibility or even MORE than this I believe. I wanted to offer what I know as a possibility of its origin in case other reasons do not fit. I DEFINITELY think you should look at the kinds of stresses you have in your life, and their strengths, as the NUMBER 1 contributing factor causing this situation! I seriously hope it turns out to be nothing, and/or is never an issue again in your life! Thanks for sharing this story!
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-28)
[at] Foxdancer, wow! I agree with BadJuuJuu. It does seem you were trespassing on its territory, whether you knew it or not. There are streetlamps in particular areas, for your safety. Thank goodness you didn't wander to far off, into the area, who knows what could have happened. Do you think it has followed you back to your home? Have you had any experiences afterwards in or around the home since this? Please be careful, and use Rookdygins advice.
CuriousGuy (2 stories) (47 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-28)
I'd have to go with BadJuuJuu on this one, it did appear that you entered whatever this entities territory was and therefore you shouldnt have any future problems with it. I would want to ask though is along to what Rookdygin was asking, was it standing on all fours or up right like a human?

Also have you ever encountered spirits that appeared similar to it before or after?

Peace
JustCurious
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
10 years ago (2014-03-28)
Ooookay.
Not sure what to think of this, but, why are you worried about this thing hanging around the house? It sounds like it was you who entered its territory, not the other way around. I mean, you left the house, went for a run, entered a dark, lightless area (seriously unsafe, a lot of dangerous people out there) and saw a thing in the woods. Did it follow you? From what you've said here, it just doesn't sound like a big deal. Stay out of darkened areas at night. The bogeyman may not try to hurt you, but a living nut bag might. Call it a warning and stay in well lit areas.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-03-27)
From the Center Field Fence line...

Was this 'creature' upright. On two legs or on all fours?

10-14 feet tall... Head to foot or at the shoulder (see first question)?

Lastly...have you been avoiding a STRESSFUL situation? I ask because my very first impression was that this was a manifestation of STRESS... And then I read your description of the creature and took up my position on the Center Field Fence.

If you wish I have a Shielding/Cleansing Method posted on my profile, feel free to use it and please provide us with some feedback.

Welcome to YGS.

Respectfully,

Rook
Trey (3 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-03-27)
Intense story Fox Dancer.

Couldn't tell you what it is, as I have never experienced an entity like that before. If you are worried my advise is to shield and purify your home, or find someone you trust to do this for you. I believe there are many users on this site that can offer suggested rituals that have worked in many cases.

Hopefully whatever this "thing" is was not interested in you, and you just happened across it, so you may never experience it again. If anything peculiar does happen, try your best (and it's hard sometimes) not to feed it with your fear, that never makes things better. There is always someone who can help.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: