You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Blast From The Past

Real Ghost Stories

A Blast From The Past

 

This story is from monsoon '13, I don't remember the exact month except that it rained continuously and heavily, the skies were overcast and the rain pounded the roof and the windows. I had taken a day off from college, a fake sick leave like Ferris Bueller but unlike the beautiful spring day in Chicago, I was faced with a ton of assignments and heavy rains.

This was the first time I had experienced any kind of spiritual phenomena in my house except for the episode of hearing someone or something imitating my mom's voice, this incident was relatively more terrifying than anything I experienced before. I wasn't remotely scary but it scared me to the point of paranoia. I apologize in advance for the length of my story as I know it will be long.

As I said before it was a rainy day and I had a lot of assignments to take care of, none of my friends were there to help me so my mood wasn't really great. Grudgingly, I sat down at my desk and was writing (read copying from Wiki) my assignment. I did it for the better part of two hours when I started feeling cramps and aches, deciding to tackle the papers in the evening I yawned and settled for a nap, right there in the chair. I grabbed a stuffed bunny and fell asleep. The weather was really great for a nap, the dark skies, comforting sound of the rains and cool winds blowing in the room from the outdoors, I slept like a baby. I didn't know how long I was asleep but when I woke up it was six o'clock in the evening.

I had slept for nearly 6 hours I thought as I had given up on assignments at half past 11 in the morning; it was very dark when I woke up. The house was covered in darkness, it had stopped raining but the cloud cover had darkened everything. I didn't know what woke me up, I was getting out of bed to switch on a light as the entire house was dark when I thought I heard someone beside me. I saw my mom, I will say that again, I saw my mom the way she looked 15 years ago. There was something eerily wrong with the picture, she looked very pale and was shaking, she was crying and was hugging someone who heavily resembled me. It was my sister, the way she looked when she was 8. I called their names a few times but they simply kept on ignoring me.

I took in as much as I could of the scene, it couldn't have lasted even a minute. Yet I remember everything about the scene, my mom had half collapsed on the floor because of her crying and Diane was holding her tightly. Mom's hair was waist length; she never grows it past her shoulders now, I remembered their dresses, their inconsolable crying and just the whole scene. I wanted to shout but no sound escaped my mouth, I was about to stand up and go comfort them when the entire scene just melted away. I don't know how else to describe it. As soon as I stood up, I could see our new carpet and upholstered furniture which strangely enough were absent a few seconds ago. Mom and Di had simply vanished. The sound of pouring rain brought me back to reality; I was unable to wrap my head around the situation and didn't know what to make of it. I immediately grabbed my cell and called mom and asked her to come home as soon as she could, my petrified voice convinced to her to drop everything and hurry home.

I described her in detail the scene I witnessed and the more I talked, the more concerned she became. I had even gone to the length of describing her clothing and when I was finished, she broke down. She said she remembered it, it was the day my father had passed away and she had come home and just collapsed. Diane, my sister, was there with her, but 3 year old me was at my grandma's place in Pune she was telling me. My mom was shocked by the details I gave and kept on repeating "You weren't even there, how could you possibly know that?"

I repeated my story; it was like travelling back in time except it had taken place of its own accord. I spoke to my best friend Vidya about it and she opines that maybe the incident which I witnessed had so much energy that it left its imprint in the house and when the conditions were right, the depressing weather and me just waking up might have made me open to witness it.

I have no idea why those events took place, maybe Vidya was right but what I saw unnerved me. I couldn't get that incident out of my head but since I didn't have time to write about it a few months back, I am writing it now. Please feel free to leave your opinions in the comments section, I thank you for taking the time to read this,

Devyani.

Other hauntings by curiousDevu

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, curiousDevu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

amiett (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-21)
Hi Devyani, it's a great story. What I feel is past present and future lie in parallel to each other, we have many yogis who can see the past and future, may be the energy at that time showed you the parallel plane of existence
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-27)
hey Devyani... I am very sorry about your father... Your story is simply nice and heart melting
bhavi (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-06)
i am sory about your father... Thanks for sharing this personal story... It must be truly emotional exprience for your mom and and your di, I agree with your friend vidya...
brutus (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-17)
...slept on a chair but got out of bed...I'm not saying it's fake...
Must be quite scary and emotional for you...
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-22)
Samdew - We can be skeptics and question things in a nice manner.

The rain stopped while she was trapped in the "past", after she came back to reality everything went back to normal. I think that's what she meant.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-22)
Accounts like this always gets my attention. I believe your story and have saved it as a favourite. Guess because that day was so filled with emotions that it left an imprint. Fascinating!
samdew518 (4 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-07-05)
Dear Devyani, I am sorry to hear your story but you said that the rain had stopped and after few sentences you say that you came into reality after you heard the sound of the pouring rain water. What does this mean,HUH!
Pavi117 (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-08)
Dear devyani,
Thanks for sharing such a nice story. But ul not believe that I also saw my dearest uncles death in a dream I mean I had a dream of that but there was no clue that he is gonaa die but one day when all of ours relatives joined for the sorrow of loss of my uncle the same scenarios I remembered in my dream whatever I saw was just the same happening the same day I ignored my dream because I thought that it must be a family gathering.I'am sorry for your fathers loss too
INluvwidGHOSTS (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-06)
sorry for the demise of your father... Really wondering what sort of supreme power made you have a glimpse of past of which you were not even a part! Anyway thanks 4 sharing your story with us 😊
curiousDevu (10 stories) (45 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-30)
[at] Ari, you learn to live with the loss though and I shared this story here because of the positive and open minded attitude of the readers.
[at] Spiritwaiting
Yes, it's the same house. It may be a residual but it certainly was very unnerving at the time.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-30)
curiousDevu, I agree with Vidya. Maybe the weather and other circumstances were perfect. It does sound like a residual imprint on the home. Was this the home that the event occured? I'm sorry you had to witness, the tragic events your mother and sister went through.
And now there may be some light here. You have witnessed what they went through in losing your father, now you may beable to help them in some way. If theyre still struggling with the loss.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-03-30)
Dear Devyani,
Thanks for sharing such an intimate emotional story with us. Grateful that you found us worthy.
I am so sorry for your loss, though it was a long time ago.

Love and Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: